Cardinals-Vikings post game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Cardinals-Vikings post game

Post by RandyMoss84 »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:23 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:05 pm

No, I never scream CUT HIM, he got a pass from me since it was only his first game as a rookie, I was shocked when he got cut the next day since I thought he has room to improve and he did on another team
Carlson has come out and said he needed to step away from the team for while and work on his mechanics, something he couldn't do while on an active roster. His words, not mine.

He also was a below average kicker in 2019 and the Raiders nearly moved on from him.
He never said he needed to step away from the team for a awhile, he just said he needed to work on his mechanics

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vik ... 121997850/
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:31 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:23 pm

Carlson has come out and said he needed to step away from the team for while and work on his mechanics, something he couldn't do while on an active roster. His words, not mine.

He also was a below average kicker in 2019 and the Raiders nearly moved on from him.
He never said he needed to step away from the team for a awhile, he just said he needed to work on his mechanics

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vik ... 121997850/
https://www.espn.com/blog/minnesota-vik ... th-raiders
"At the time it was going to be too scary to tweak because I was in preseason games still competing against a veteran kicker (Kai Forbath)," Carlson told ESPN. “I didn’t want to start tweaking things and kicking bad and lose the job in the preseason. It’s a difficult situation. You’re always competing and you’re always trying to keep your job so there’s very rarely a time that you can step back and work on these drills where you might not be kicking your best for up to two weeks until you get adjusted to that new technique."
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

It seems we're always messing with the holder, and long snapper and other stuff. Just not enough consistency for positions that IMHO do better with consistency.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

CharVike wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:04 pm Joseph will be cut once they get back to mini. Another tough loss. Murray burnt us on that long dying duck he threw. How do you leave a guy that wide open and basically standing there waiting for the pouch pass. Does No 7 know he's a CB and not a QB? This was another tough game to lose. Just keep playing and hoping I guess. Nice to get a defensive TD. Cook played great. No longer in 1st place.
Joseph will not be cut since there is no available kickers right now
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:10 am
S197 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:54 am

Yeah the TD in the 3rd was scored by the defense on a Vigil pick six so the offense didn’t get back in the end zone in the second half. While it was a relatively penalty free game, the OL did have some in the 2nd half. O’Neill had a false start and Hill had a hold so those hurt drives. Also Dalvin wasn’t 100% but they kept force feeding him up the middle. Once the Cards were able to contain Cook, the offense looked sluggish outside the last drive.
This brings up something that caused me to yell at the TV yesterday.

To open the second half, Cook was rolling. Had a couple of nice runs on first down. Great. Now why not use play action? The Cardinals had to load up the box and key on Dalvin. Play action likely would’ve burned them. But did Kubiak do that? No. As you mentioned, he just kept running Cook into the line.

The Vikings always have the philosophy “we’re going to do something until you stop it.” Great play callers use your eagerness to stop what’s working to burn you with something else.

We do not have a great play caller.
I was surprised at the lack of play action, almost as if Jr is purposely trying to stay away to put his own stamp on the offense.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Yet another disappointing stat coming out of the Cardinals game.
According to PFF’s Eric Eager, Tomlinson has two pressures and two stops in 85 snaps so far. The Daily Norseman’s Eric Thompson put those numbers in good context, by saying Shamar Stephen had two pressures and three stops in 92 snaps through the first two games of 2020.
So let’s run down our free agent signings.

- Tomlinson worse than Stephen
- Breeland has a 29 PFF grade for the season
- Peterson made a rookie mental error that allowed a 70+ yard TD pass
- Alexander has been fairly invisible
- Woods at least got a pick and seems to be not horrible

Probably the top free agent performer thus far has been Nick Vigil, who’s only starting because Anthony Barr is apparently made of glass.

Another batch of amazing moves by the geniuses in the Vikings front office.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

Just gotta make sure that the next time the Vikings have to make a clutch kick, that it's at least 50 yards.