Cardinals-Vikings post game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Cardinals-Vikings post game

Post by RandyMoss84 »

I knew Joseph would miss the game winner! Please fire Zimmer and Speilman, it is another winnable game that Vikings choked away! :wallbang:
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Cardinals-Vikings post game

Post by Dmizzle0 »

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Joseph will be cut once they get back to mini. Another tough loss. Murray burnt us on that long dying duck he threw. How do you leave a guy that wide open and basically standing there waiting for the pouch pass. Does No 7 know he's a CB and not a QB? This was another tough game to lose. Just keep playing and hoping I guess. Nice to get a defensive TD. Cook played great. No longer in 1st place.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Not sure I can blame Zimmer or the coaching staff for this one. We played pretty well for most of the game, made big plays, stopped them when we had to, and the stupid kicker just missed a simple FG.

At least the team came out ready to play today, against a talented team. Last week was a garbage fire, but not this week.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

Breeland freaking sucks. He needs to be cut and along with the person that started him.

WTF is up with the kicker?! Maybe we should've just kicked it from 50 because he's lights out from deep. SMFH! :wallbang: :puke:
4mnvikings82
Practice Squad

Post by 4mnvikings82 »

soflavike wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:04 pm Not sure I can blame Zimmer or the coaching staff for this one. We played pretty well for most of the game, made big plays, stopped them when we had to, and the stupid kicker just missed a simple FG.

At least the team came out ready to play today, against a talented team. Last week was a garbage fire, but not this week.
I blame the coach for not trying for the end zone when you have 30 plus seconds and a time out
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

D gave up 470 yards...
What the heck was Zimmer trying to accomplish with the squib kick before half. Besides giving Cards a field goal. Definitely a head scratcher.
Not really any excuses for a missed extra point. :confused:

We need to get Cook healthy or we won't have him.
And I will stop there...Was a winnable game.
VikeFanInEagleLand
Transition Player

Post by VikeFanInEagleLand »

4mnvikings82 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:28 pm
soflavike wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:04 pm Not sure I can blame Zimmer or the coaching staff for this one. We played pretty well for most of the game, made big plays, stopped them when we had to, and the stupid kicker just missed a simple FG.

I blame the coach for not trying for the end zone when you have 30 plus seconds and a time out
I agree. They were way to content to settle for the FG attempt. This isn't like they needed a long completion or something. They were around the 20 yard line with about 30 seconds left. They easily could have tried to score or get even closer. Yes, the kicker should have made it, but the coaches job is to always make it as easy for your team to succeed as possible and Zimmer didn't do that.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Dude yes! I was just about to say this. Constant conservativeness but Zim as always and it screws us. You had this defense on their heels. You could’ve gave Joseph and even easier shot or scored a TD. They had no answer. And we went the zimmer conservative route and this is why this team is stuck in the mud.

Many of you won’t know this but I’m a huge Syracuse basketball fan. Jim Boeheim and Mike Zimmer are the same coach. I’ve been calling for Boeheims head for years now. He’s an awful “in-game” coach and the game has far surpassed him. Identical to zimmer. But he continues to keep his job because of his reputation from 20 years ago. And so many Syracuse fans just like so many Vikings fans continue to defend him. They are awful game managers and there is zero aggressiveness. This is why both Syracuse basketball and Vikings football are stuck in the mud of mediocrity year after year.

Zim hit his peak in 2017 with the number one defense in the nfl. Since then it has been a hard downhill fall. If this guy can’t produce a top 10 defense anymore, why the hell is he still here? To be a “CB whisperer”? Yeah he’s done a great job with that.

But mark my words, we will beat Seattle and/or Cleveland and it will give the wilfs just enough hope to keep him around.

Zim had a slew of options on that final drive. He had the defense on their heels and he could’ve kept pushing forward and gave Joseph and even easier field goal or scored a TD. I literally screamed at the TV at 30 seconds “keep pushing, don’t settle”. We were on the damn 20. That’s scoring range. Andy Reid keeps pushing that and goes for the TD, GUARANTEED! That’s why Andy reid plays in Super Bowls and Mike Zimmer is sitting at his ranch
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Your not the only one. We wasted that time.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Did you guys know?

The Cardinals signed Matt Prater as a free agent back in March.

Which means he was available.

Which means we could have gone after him.

Instead of going after a 15-year veteran who holds the NFL record for both longest field goal (64 yards) and most consecutive 50+ yard FGs made (14), and who was named NFL Special Teams Player of the Week in his last weekend in 2020 … we court Greg Joseph, whose only season on an active NFL roster was 3 years ago, when he missed 4 extra points for the Browns.

Think Prater would’ve missed that kick?

Yet another brilliant move by our stellar front office and coaching staff.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
ERIK the PURPLE
Franchise Player

Post by ERIK the PURPLE »

I think I’ll come out. Give up football and spend my Sundays shopping at TJ Maxx.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

2015 the Vikings were in an almost identical situation against this very team.

Down 3, the Vikings marched into FG range with 30 some seconds left and no timeout, and they decided to try and pickup a couple more yards. Kalil fell down, Teddy was strip sacked and the game ended.

More recently, last week, the Vikings were in FG range in OT and the Vikings ran to get closer. Safest play in football and we lose because of poor officiating.

I see a lot of people who blamed that play, along with the poor play of the oline for the loss last week now wishing Zimmer either ran a similar play or put the game in the hands of that same oline.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

The OL while not perfect, looked much improved in this game and Cousins made some nice plays with his legs. Special teams for the most part was very good today, particularly in punt coverage. While Joseph will get a lot of the blame, I think the defense and being too conservative were the biggest factors in the loss. Arizona is a good team that blends youth and aging veterans well. The Vikings have veterans clearly on the decline and too many young players that aren’t stepping up.

I’m glad the team came out and looked prepared at least. Arizona is a good team and it’s tough to win on the road. What’s most troubling is we have the same issues every year and they won’t be fixed until we clean house. The Wilfs have a choice, stick with our GM and HC and be a perennial “almost” team or blow it up and risk bringing in a worse regime with the upside being an actual shot at contending.

I’ve seen enough decent Vikings’ teams to last me a lifetime. Whether they get bounced in the wildcard game or end third in the division doesn’t make a difference to me anymore. Championship or bust. We need to get out of this perpetual state of average and the only way to do it is risk the rebuild.
StpViking
Starter

Post by StpViking »

For anyone who did not get a chance to see this game, YOU MISSED A CLASSIC. I don't care that they lost, the effort they put out today, Both teams really. As a football fan, this game is why the NFL is the number 1 sport in this country.

I was about to tune out the whole season, but this game made watching football fun again. I am proud of this team, I am proud of this fanbase, and I am especially glade they threw it back in my face and prove they can be a great team. Alright, now lets go get that first Superbowl Win!
White 8DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee! Waz Up!