2022 schedule

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: 2022 schedule

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Texas Vike wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:43 pm
VikingLord wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:29 pm

He made what I consider to be a very odd comment regarding the trade back with the Lions. I posted it in another thread but it amounted to a worry that the Lions "were going to make a trade with someone to move up". I can dig it up, but it just sounded odd that KAM would care if the Lions wanted to move up when he should have been more focused on whether the compensation they were offering in the deal made it reasonable for the Vikings to trade that far down in the 1st. It was odd.

Whether trading with teams in the division is an "old wives tale" remains to be seen, does it not? Doing that does mean more direct comparisons not of theoretical relative value between picks and the players chosen with those picks, but at least twice-a-year direct, on-field comparisons of the players chosen, especially when the trades involve positions that directly go against each other in those games.

You can't tell me that if the receivers chosen by the Lions and Packers respectively go on to consistently thrash the defensive backs chosen by the Vikings, those trades won't make KAM look any worse in retrospect.
It's a question of whether you let the fear of that outcome coming to fruition keep you from considering trades in your division. I don't deny that it could become a story that fans and media use to criticize him. What I'm saying is that I like that he's not afraid to let it rip. In all aspects of life and in all cultures throughout human history there are elements of folklore--the way elders have done things. There is always a good reason for folklore to exist. But there are also silly, irrational superstitions that the numbers / data just don't support. To me, it's refreshing that he's going for it.
Great post. I've always considered the not trading within your division thing to be hogwash. If we shouldn't be helping them they shouldn't be helping us. And if we don't trade with them they trade with somebody else. The Puke was desperate to get Watson and we obliged by gaining two 2nd round picks while only giving one to them.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Texas Vike wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:44 pm

This video is very worth watching. It gives a clear indication that they were targeting Cine from the get go and thought they could get him at 32.
Texas Vike post from Minnesota Vikings don't work on our site. Can you give the name of this one so I can find it?
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

VikingsFan84 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:31 pm Patriots @ Vikings on Thanksgiving
Giants @ Vikings Christmas Eve
I love it. We also host the Pukers first game of the season right?
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Texas Vike wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:01 pm
PS1 TBD San Francisco 49ers U.S. Bank Stadium TBD Local
PS2 TBD TBD Local
PS3 TBD Denver Broncos Empower Field TBD Local
1 11 Sep Green Bay Packers U.S. Bank Stadium 3:25 PM FOX
2 19 Sep (Mon) Philadelphia Eagles Lincoln Financial Field 7:15 PM ABC
3 25 Sep Detroit Lions U.S. Bank Stadium 12:00 PM FOX
4 2 Oct New Orleans Saints Tottenham Hotspur Stadium 8:30 AM NFL Network
5 9 October Chicago Bears U.S. Bank Stadium 12:00 PM FOX
6 16 October Miami Dolphins Hard Rock Stadium 12:00 PM FOX
7 BYE WEEK BYE WEEK BYE
8 30 Oct Arizona Cardinals U.S. Bank Stadium 12:00 PM FOX
9 6 Nov Washington Commanders FedEx Field 12:00 PM FOX
10 13 Nov Buffalo Bills Highmark Stadium 12:00 PM FOX
11 20 Nov Dallas Cowboys U.S. Bank Stadium 3:25 PM FOX
12 24 Nov (Thu) New England Patriots U.S. Bank Stadium 7:20 PM NBC
13 4 Dec New York Jets U.S. Bank Stadium 12:00 PM CBS
14 11 Dec Detroit Lions Ford Field 12:00 PM FOX
15 18 Dec Indianapolis Colts U.S. Bank Stadium 12:00 PM CBS
16 24 Dec (Sat) New York Giants U.S. Bank Stadium 12:00 PM FOX
17 1 Jan Green Bay Packers Lambeau Field 3:25 PM FOX
18 8 Jan Chicago Bears Soldier Field TBD TBD
https://www.dailynorseman.com/2022/5/12 ... edule-2022
OMG Pukers at Lameblow New Years Day.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:37 pm
VikingsFan84 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:31 pm Patriots @ Vikings on Thanksgiving
Giants @ Vikings Christmas Eve
I love it. We also host the Pukers first game of the season right?
That is correct so that should be fun!
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:02 pm
VikingLord wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:29 pm

He made what I consider to be a very odd comment regarding the trade back with the Lions. I posted it in another thread but it amounted to a worry that the Lions "were going to make a trade with someone to move up". I can dig it up, but it just sounded odd that KAM would care if the Lions wanted to move up when he should have been more focused on whether the compensation they were offering in the deal made it reasonable for the Vikings to trade that far down in the 1st. It was odd.

Whether trading with teams in the division is an "old wives tale" remains to be seen, does it not? Doing that does mean more direct comparisons not of theoretical relative value between picks and the players chosen with those picks, but at least twice-a-year direct, on-field comparisons of the players chosen, especially when the trades involve positions that directly go against each other in those games.

You can't tell me that if the receivers chosen by the Lions and Packers respectively go on to consistently thrash the defensive backs chosen by the Vikings, those trades won't make KAM look any worse in retrospect.
By your choice of words, your assumption appears to be that Kwesi has to prove he wasn’t wrong. As if the best he could do was to not get fleeced.

But isn’t it also possible that he fleeced those teams with whom he traded?

The choice seems to be that he was either very wrong or he wasn’t. Not that he was right. But at this point, we don’t know how any of these players will turn out. So isn’t there also a possibility that the players the Vikings drafted will torment the Lions and Packers?
Very possible they torment the Lions and Pukers. I predict they will.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

VikingsFan84 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:33 pm
The bye week sucks, Bears and Packers get bye weeks in week 14 :wallbang:
We could have easily had the bye in week 5 after London. 7 is better.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:41 pm
VikingsFan84 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:33 pm

The bye week sucks, Bears and Packers get bye weeks in week 14 :wallbang:
Not that much better
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:36 pm

This video is very worth watching. It gives a clear indication that they were targeting Cine from the get go and thought they could get him at 32.
Texas Vike post from Minnesota Vikings don't work on our site. Can you give the name of this one so I can find it?
Did you try to click on the "Watch on youtube" link in the middle? Should work.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

VikingsFan84 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:55 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:41 pm
Not that much better
Yeah not that much better, but I like to see the positive. We start out hosting our whole division in the first 4 or 5 weeks I think. We should be hosting at the end of the season, but the NFL in all their logic wants us playing in frigid possibly dangerous conditions.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Texas Vike wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:58 pm
LOL I didn't think of that. I just saw the video unavailable thing and thought that was that. It works. First thing is we clearly wanted Cine over Daxton Hill.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:08 pm
Texas Vike wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:58 pm

LOL I didn't think of that. I just saw the video unavailable thing and thought that was that. It works. First thing is we clearly wanted Cine over Daxton Hill.
Yeah, it's impossible to know because the Vikings produced and edited the video, but the chronology in the video shows them worrying about whether Cine will be there from early on, apparently shortly after they made the trade at 12.

Couple of other observations: KAM and KOC look relaxed and like they're having fun. The Wilfs look terrified and unsure if it was a good deal. Kwesi sure doesn't look like a puppet on the Wilfs' strings, as he's been depicted by some.

Something about the way Cine carries himself screams stud to me. I love that he's moved from Haiti to FL to MA to GA. He's got some life experience and isn't some wide-eyed kid overawed by the big lights.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

1 11 Sep Green Bay Packers U.S. Bank Stadium 3:25 PM FOX
2 19 Sep (Mon) Philadelphia Eagles Lincoln Financial Field 7:15 PM ABC

6 16 October Miami Dolphins Hard Rock Stadium 12:00 PM FOX

8 30 Oct Arizona Cardinals U.S. Bank Stadium 12:00 PM FOX
9 6 Nov Washington Commanders FedEx Field 12:00 PM FOX
10 13 Nov Buffalo Bills Highmark Stadium 12:00 PM FOX
11 20 Nov Dallas Cowboys U.S. Bank Stadium 3:25 PM FOX
12 24 Nov (Thu) New England Patriots U.S. Bank Stadium 7:20 PM NBC

14 11 Dec Detroit Lions Ford Field 12:00 PM FOX
15 18 Dec Indianapolis Colts U.S. Bank Stadium 12:00 PM CBS

17 1 Jan Green Bay Packers Lambeau Field 3:25 PM FOX
18 8 Jan Chicago Bears Soldier Field TBD TBD

These are the 12 most important games, IMO, which will determine our fate this season. I see 9-10 wins on the season.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

I see the potential for a 12 win season. It is a lot to ask for with a 1st year HC, new offensive and defensive schemes, etc. I just think that we have the returning players to make the transition smooth. Added some exciting pieces to the puzzle. Some draftees with a lot of talent and experience too.
I also am very impressed with the way that Kwesi works with his HC in getting the players on draft day.
Mark Wilf immediately looks at a value chart, or whatever it was but I think that he and Zygi are along for the ride. It was not a Zygi or Mark draft. This was the new regimes draft ! I bet that the Wilfs were very involved in Rick drafts.
Maybe I like it so much because that is how I envision running a draft room if I were in that position. I get more excited the more I watch of this GM, HC, and players.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Oh boy
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins