Top Tier QB's

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

phantom
Backup

Re: Top Tier QB's

Post by phantom »

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:53 pm
CharVike wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:24 pm
For Phantom his post are short and really he don't even need a sentence. He only needs 3 words for whatever happens and they are "because blank sucks". We all know who the blank is. Like when that great 2017 team sucked in 2018 he can use his 3 word response. But most fans know it was deeper than that. To explain what really went wrong takes more than a sentence. That's what he is looking for.
He could always just copy and paste from an article online into his post and pretend like they were his own words. Or repeat over and over again that the key to winning is winning at the line of scrimmage.
:rock: Games are won upfront. Old saying in football. Nobody can play QB on there donkey, and nobody can run without holes in front of them.
The Northern Goshawk "phantom of the forest"
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

phantom wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:52 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:53 pm
He could always just copy and paste from an article online into his post and pretend like they were his own words. Or repeat over and over again that the key to winning is winning at the line of scrimmage.
:rock: Games are won upfront. Old saying in football. Nobody can play QB on there donkey, and nobody can run without holes in front of them.
Cook didn't light the world on fire last night. Did he miss big holes?
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

CharVike wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:16 am
phantom wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:52 pm

He missed opportunities he would have taken advantage of before. No broken or slipped tackles or quick bursts. just moving slow and going down easy. He carried the ball a lot at FSU and he's been injured a lot in the NFL. Perhaps he is fighting an injury now, but if not, I think he has lost a step and become just another guy.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

fiestavike wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:13 am
He missed opportunities he would have taken advantage of before. No broken or slipped tackles or quick bursts. just moving slow and going down easy. He carried the ball a lot at FSU and he's been injured a lot in the NFL. Perhaps he is fighting an injury now, but if not, I think he has lost a step and become just another guy.
He only carried the ball 6 times. There aren't a lot of RBs in the league that can put together a very good game with such a limited workload. How many times did Adrian Peterson, even in his prime, not do much on his first six carries?
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

He gained 90 yards the previous week on 20 carries. I'm not saying you are wrong. Something changed.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

CharVike wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:32 am

He gained 90 yards the previous week on 20 carries. I'm not saying you are wrong. Something changed.
He looked slow, plodding and unexplosive last week too.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Cliff wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:26 am

He only carried the ball 6 times. There aren't a lot of RBs in the league that can put together a very good game with such a limited workload. How many times did Adrian Peterson, even in his prime, not do much on his first six carries?
I really don't care or judge his stats and production. I'm just talking about how bad he looked compared to the high standard he has set earlier in his career, being explosive, shifting through small creases, accelerating quickly, making people miss in space. In the last two games he has shown none of that. He's looked very pedestrian. Mattison has actually looked notably quicker and more decisive and actually picked up some yards after contact, and I think Mattison is just a league average kind of running back.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

fiestavike wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:45 am

I really don't care or judge his stats and production. I'm just talking about how bad he looked compared to the high standard he has set earlier in his career, being explosive, shifting through small creases, accelerating quickly, making people miss in space. In the last two games he has shown none of that. He's looked very pedestrian. Mattison has actually looked notably quicker and more decisive and actually picked up some yards after contact, and I think Mattison is just a league average kind of running back.
The Oline made no holes for him. He kept running up the gut, they need more plays where he can hit the sideline runs, thats where he is most effective.
phantom
Backup

Post by phantom »

phantom wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:10 pm :beerock:

:beerock:
The Northern Goshawk "phantom of the forest"
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:59 am

The Oline made no holes for him. He kept running up the gut, they need more plays where he can hit the sideline runs, thats where he is most effective.
When you can't block anybody good luck doing anything. I don't need Cook getting stuffed to understand that. Some see it the complete opposite. We all have opinions. I know this if Burrow keeps getting sacked and knocked around he will get knocked out again. That team basically feels blocking has nothing to do with the game. I hope they understand they need a stretcher ready for the knock out blow.
StanM
Veteran

Post by StanM »

This will likely be the last year we carry a high priced running back. I’d rather see a great O-line and serviceable backs than a great back and average line. The emphasis is on the passing game today.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

KOC after the game came out and said he blew it not running more, and it is good he figured that out this early instead of after over half the season like Zimmer did in 2018.

Kirk cannot succeed carrying the offense and needs a strong run game. He can't succeed with a strong run game either, not in a meaningful way anyway, but he is at his best when Cook is cooking.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

StanM wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:56 am

This will likely be the last year we carry a high priced running back. I’d rather see a great O-line and serviceable backs than a great back and average line. The emphasis is on the passing game today.
I agree it will likely be the last year, but not because it isn't worth paying a great RB that amount of money and not because it will allow us to pay for a great line. Especially since the 11 million he is making isn't close to being the reason our line is average or worse.

It will be his last year because he is at the age where he will likely no longer be a great RB and won't be worth getting paid like one. Prior to this he absolutely was worth every penny, but now the wheels look like they might be falling off and while I think he can still be effective with better run blocking and more chances to run, I don't think he is as good as he once was.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:21 am KOC after the game came out and said he blew it not running more, and it is good he figured that out this early instead of after over half the season like Zimmer did in 2018.

Kirk cannot succeed carrying the offense and needs a strong run game. He can't succeed with a strong run game either, not in a meaningful way anyway, but he is at his best when Cook is cooking.
If I was the GM and saw his post game press conference when he said he blew it I would have walked into his office the next day and said I agree with what you said. Now please signed this resignation form and pack your crap up and get out of here. I thought our O would get back to a 3 WR and one back set like the good old days. Open things up. Be different. He runs a Kubesteak knock off attack. JJ should succeed against this crap Kitten secondary. Big deal. He can't get open against a good CB. Looks like we have no chance coming up. Nothing at QB, limited WRs and how will our D stop Goff who's back to his Super Bowl ways. And then Hutchinson. Who will block him? Mundt might have to play for butterfingers Smith to help. Don't look good.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

CharVike wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:23 am
StumpHunter wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:21 am KOC after the game came out and said he blew it not running more, and it is good he figured that out this early instead of after over half the season like Zimmer did in 2018.

If I was the GM and saw his post game press conference when he said he blew it I would have walked into his office the next day and said I agree with what you said. Now please signed this resignation form and pack your crap up and get out of here. I thought our O would get back to a 3 WR and one back set like the good old days. Open things up. Be different. He runs a Kubesteak knock off attack. JJ should succeed against this crap Kitten secondary. Big deal. He can't get open against a good CB. Looks like we have no chance coming up. Nothing at QB, limited WRs and how will our D stop Goff who's back to his Super Bowl ways. And then Hutchinson. Who will block him? Mundt might have to play for butterfingers Smith to help. Don't look good.
You'd be light years ahead of your time! Firing a brand new rookie coach in his 2nd game ever with a 1-1 record including a win against a division rival would be unprecedented! I don't know if your GM strategy would be wise, but it would certainly get people talking! Good for you thinking outside the box! :appl:
i'm ready for a beer.