Vikings trade for DT Ross Blacklock

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings trade for DT Ross Blacklock

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:26 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:00 pm

:lol: Ok Stump, however you need to twist and contort it to make yourself feel validated.
It's called spin doctoring. Stump is a master of it.
:lol: I knew there was a reason why I didnt like band The Spin Doctors
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

The fact of the matter is, there are people claiming these were good moves now who would have been saying just a week ago that ISM and Watts were significantly better than both Reagor and Blacklock.

Just weeks ago Watts and ISM were great finds in the late rounds while now they suck and have no upside.

Nothing has changed except the team they are on, but somehow their value has shifted dramatically without them playing a snap in 2022.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

StumpHunter wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:29 am The fact of the matter is, there are people claiming these were good moves now who would have been saying just a week ago that ISM and Watts were significantly better than both Reagor and Blacklock.
That's an assumption you're speaking on as if it were a fact.
Just weeks ago Watts and ISM were great finds in the late rounds while now they suck and have no upside.
Dont recall anyone saying they suck or have no upside. Would love to know who you think said that.
Nothing has changed except the team they are on, but somehow their value has shifted dramatically without them playing a snap in 2022.
Also dont recall anyone saying this either. In short, this entire post is a classic example of "I'm going to put my own spin on things and assume what everyone is thinking" when in the end, none of it is really true. Not the first time I've seen one of these from you
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:13 am
StumpHunter wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:29 am The fact of the matter is, there are people claiming these were good moves now who would have been saying just a week ago that ISM and Watts were significantly better than both Reagor and Blacklock.
Dont recall anyone saying they suck or have no upside. Would love to know who you think said that.
Also dont recall anyone saying this either. In short, this entire post is a classic example of "I'm going to put my own spin on things and assume what everyone is thinking" when in the end, none of it is really true. Not the first time I've seen one of these from you
There's probably some truth in what Stump posted. How little or much truth is highly debatable. I know for some it is natural to look for the best in everything the home team does. I personally feel the incredible athleticism of Reagor is going to benefit our team and worth the trade price. I was VERY surprised when we cut ISM instead of Nailor. I have opined that we likely kept Nailor over ISM due to special teams ability or the possibility that ISM was more trouble than he was worth. The Blacklock move really surprised me, but he cost us virtually nothing and I think the change from Watts to Blacklock saved us a little over a million in cap space.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:15 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:13 am

There's probably some truth in what Stump posted. How little or much truth is highly debatable. I know for some it is natural to look for the best in everything the home team does. I personally feel the incredible athleticism of Reagor is going to benefit our team and worth the trade price. I was VERY surprised when we cut ISM instead of Nailor. I have opined that we likely kept Nailor over ISM due to special teams ability or the possibility that ISM was more trouble than he was worth. The Blacklock move really surprised me, but he cost us virtually nothing and I think the change from Watts to Blacklock saved us a little over a million in cap space.
Raegor should have a decent impact with ST. Which is good, because we didnt have a punt returner. He looks big enough to be a gunner as well, and hopefully know how to tackle. But I doubt he becomes much of a WR. They should have kept ISM and finally got rid of Udoh. I think Watts was much better than Blackock will be. And he knew the system. It doesnt make sense unless they really needed the 1 mil in cap space.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

I had wanted Reagor during that draft, so I'm keen to give him a chance. I suspect he can be a weapon within O'connor's offense and a guy you can place in the slot, and scheme into space for productive quick passes. I was never overly impressed with Smith-Marsette though I admit have a bias against players with hyphenated names.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

fiestavike wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:41 pm I had wanted Reagor during that draft, so I'm keen to give him a chance. I suspect he can be a weapon within O'connor's offense and a guy you can place in the slot, and scheme into space for productive quick passes. I was never overly impressed with Smith-Marsette though I admit have a bias against players with hyphenated names.
I think this is exactly how Reagor could excel in KOC's offense. He's got exceptional speed and ability to juke. He could be a YAC beast on slants.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Texas Vike wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:46 pm
fiestavike wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:41 pm I had wanted Reagor during that draft, so I'm keen to give him a chance. I suspect he can be a weapon within O'connor's offense and a guy you can place in the slot, and scheme into space for productive quick passes. I was never overly impressed with Smith-Marsette though I admit have a bias against players with hyphenated names.
I think this is exactly how Reagor could excel in KOC's offense. He's got exceptional speed and ability to juke. He could be a YAC beast on slants.
The thing is, the Eagles used a first round pick for him. They thought he could be a star on their team. A couple years later, they traded him to MN for a 5th. I dont think the guy can run routes at all, or he'd still be coached in Philly. Regardless, I hope he excels in ST and the Vikes use him as they did with Patterson, and other teams have done with Patterson. Maybe he can gain a ton of confidence with running plays, like sweeps. Cause he has AD speed the second he touches the ball.
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:30 pm
Texas Vike wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:46 pm
The thing is, the Eagles used a first round pick for him. They thought he could be a star on their team. A couple years later, they traded him to MN for a 5th. I dont think the guy can run routes at all, or he'd still be coached in Philly. Regardless, I hope he excels in ST and the Vikes use him as they did with Patterson, and other teams have done with Patterson. Maybe he can gain a ton of confidence with running plays, like sweeps. Cause he has AD speed the second he touches the ball.
Mentioned before. People are joking about how he was drafted ahead of Jefferson" But jaylen Hurts is no cousins.

Would be interesting to know how Jefferson would have faired in Philadelphia and Reagor had minn drafted him.. Jefferson May have faired the better player.i wonder what Jefferson’s total receiving yards would be with Hurts as QB
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Foreman44 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:39 pm
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:30 pm

Mentioned before. People are joking about how he was drafted ahead of Jefferson" But jaylen Hurts is no cousins.

Would be interesting to know how Jefferson would have faired in Philadelphia and Reagor had minn drafted him.. Jefferson May have faired the better player.i wonder what Jefferson’s total receiving yards would be with Hurts as QB
Hah, right. We are very glad Rick left behind his parting gift of Jefferson.
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:42 pm
Foreman44 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:39 pm

Hah, right. We are very glad Rick left behind his parting gift of Jefferson.
I am glad we got Jefferson overReagor, we know we got the real deal.

I would’ve curious what the stats would be had it been reversed, cousins
Passed for more yards last year alone, than Hurts did in his two years with the Eagles.

Maybe a Reagor wouldn’t have looked as bad, had he been drafted by ..

We will find out