Vikings trade for DT Ross Blacklock

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

JJBreaksRecords
Transition Player
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:22 pm
x 29

Re: Vikings trade for DT Ross Blacklock

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:10 am
VikingLord wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:01 am

Could the defensive scheme change explain the move to release Watts and acquire Blacklock? I'm honestly asking your opinion on that question because it seems like it could be a reasonable explanation for a move like that. Maybe KAM is just playing a little Moneyball and traded for a guy who fits the role the Vikings have in mind better than Watts even if on the whole Watts is a better player.

KAM strikes me as very calculating in terms of the moves he's making. That might not be a bad thing if the end result is a better overall team.
I think the scheme change definitely plays a factor. And yeah the moneyball thing could be real here as well. I honestly dont think we got any better or any worse because of this move. But saved 1.2 mill. So again, I'm fine with it.
Saving a million is the only reason I like this. I was big on watts, and we ended up with one of the worst DL's on any team. He flat out stinks and wont be as good as watts was in a 3-4. Makes no sense, nor did waiving ISM. Looks to me like KAM just wants to get rid of Ricks trash draftees. Still, ISM is going to be a hit on another team. Wont surprise me if he is WR4 or maybe even 3 this season. And Raegnor will be dropping passes and fumbling punts/KR's.
User avatar
VikingLord
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7749
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:12 pm
Location: The Land of the Ice and Snow
x 746

Re: Vikings trade for DT Ross Blacklock

Post by VikingLord »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:14 am I don't like the Blacklock move at all. I consider it with the dropping of Watts to be Kwesi's first significant blunder. That said Blacklock just 2 years ago was considered a great talent. It's possible that he can bounce back in the right environment. There's more to it than just looking at the stats. Same with Reagor. Time will tell.
I agree that time will tell on these moves. As KAM makes the various moves he's making I keep reminding myself that there is no way to know for sure how it will play out. I've developed this nasty habit over the years of thinking my past experience endows me with some sort of ability to predict the future... Couple that with being a Vikings fan and suddenly I'm certain that every move being made will result in a worse outcome than if that move wasn't made or a different move was made.

I don't know if KAM and/or KOC will be ultimately successful in their roles in Minnesota, but I've promised myself I'm going to keep an open mind and let it all play out.

As you noted, both Blacklock and Reagor were highly regarded at one point, so something must be there that attracted KAM's attention as well. With a change of scenery for both, maybe KOC can tease that potential out.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 9047
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 1055

Re: Vikings trade for DT Ross Blacklock

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:16 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:10 am

I think the scheme change definitely plays a factor. And yeah the moneyball thing could be real here as well. I honestly dont think we got any better or any worse because of this move. But saved 1.2 mill. So again, I'm fine with it.
I'm confused with how this saved us money. Blacklock being a 2nd round pick I would think would have a bigger contract than Watts.
Watts hit an escalator on his contract due to his play last year
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 9047
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 1055

Re: Vikings trade for DT Ross Blacklock

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:19 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:10 am

I think the scheme change definitely plays a factor. And yeah the moneyball thing could be real here as well. I honestly dont think we got any better or any worse because of this move. But saved 1.2 mill. So again, I'm fine with it.
Saving a million is the only reason I like this. I was big on watts, and we ended up with one of the worst DL's on any team. He flat out stinks and wont be as good as watts was in a 3-4. Makes no sense, nor did waiving ISM. Looks to me like KAM just wants to get rid of Ricks trash draftees. Still, ISM is going to be a hit on another team. Wont surprise me if he is WR4 or maybe even 3 this season. And Raegnor will be dropping passes and fumbling punts/KR's.
I’m not quite sure why you’re speaking on Blacklock in this scheme as a fact. You haven’t seen a single player on this roster in a 3-4 outside of Zadarius smith and Jordan Hicks. So I’m not sure how you know what Watts’ play would be like in this scheme.

As for ISM and Reagor, Marsette WAS the #4 on this team. And had zero shot passing any of the guys in front of him. He’s now on the bears who have arguably the worst WR group in the nfl. If that guy can’t break the #4 WR in that group, than he really was going nowhere. As for reagor, I said it once and I’ll say it again, his ceiling is much higher than marsettes. It was exactly why reagor was a first round pick. So that alone gives reagor an advantage. Now if KOC can crack that potential, this could be a great move. Either way, reagor is still sitting in a #4 role just like ISM would be. But he might be that much more dynamic if he does get involved.

To be honest, we replaced guys like ISM and Watts with near equivalent guys that have higher ceilings. Will they hit those ceilings, we will see. But it’s funny how you talk like we just traded away Justin Jefferson and Danielle Hunter. We simply recycled what we had with room for a potential breakout. I don’t see anything wrong with either of those trades
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer
Posts: 9520
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm
x 1715

Re: Vikings trade for DT Ross Blacklock

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:02 am
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:19 am

Saving a million is the only reason I like this. I was big on watts, and we ended up with one of the worst DL's on any team. He flat out stinks and wont be as good as watts was in a 3-4. Makes no sense, nor did waiving ISM. Looks to me like KAM just wants to get rid of Ricks trash draftees. Still, ISM is going to be a hit on another team. Wont surprise me if he is WR4 or maybe even 3 this season. And Raegnor will be dropping passes and fumbling punts/KR's.
I’m not quite sure why you’re speaking on Blacklock in this scheme as a fact. You haven’t seen a single player on this roster in a 3-4 outside of Zadarius smith and Jordan Hicks. So I’m not sure how you know what Watts’ play would be like in this scheme.

As for ISM and Reagor, Marsette WAS the #4 on this team. And had zero shot passing any of the guys in front of him. He’s now on the bears who have arguably the worst WR group in the nfl. If that guy can’t break the #4 WR in that group, than he really was going nowhere. As for reagor, I said it once and I’ll say it again, his ceiling is much higher than marsettes. It was exactly why reagor was a first round pick. So that alone gives reagor an advantage. Now if KOC can crack that potential, this could be a great move. Either way, reagor is still sitting in a #4 role just like ISM would be. But he might be that much more dynamic if he does get involved.

To be honest, we replaced guys like ISM and Watts with near equivalent guys that have higher ceilings. Will they hit those ceilings, we will see. But it’s funny how you talk like we just traded away Justin Jefferson and Danielle Hunter. We simply recycled what we had with room for a potential breakout. I don’t see anything wrong with either of those trades
So … having done some reading up and catching some podcasts on the guys we acquired, here’s what I’ve learned.

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT, in any way, saying these guys will be either busts or sure things for the Vikings. If anyone accuses me of that, I won’t reply.

********

ROSS BLACKLOCK
The first thing to note about Blacklock is that he played in one of those janky 3-3-5 defensive schemes at TCU. He played int the middle on the D-line, and once teams figured out that he was really explosive, they began double- and triple-teaming him on passing downs, which you can do against a 3-man front.

In Houston, he was played as a nose tackle. Yes, he struggled against the run, but at less than 300 pounds, that’s not a surprise. The Vikings believe they can get more out of him playing him as an end in their 3-4, where he won’t face as many double teams, and they’re intrigued by his explosiveness in pass rush situations. Obviously there’s no guarantee any of this will work, but from what I can find, that’s the Vikings’ thinking. And yes, there’s the cap savings.

JALEN REAGOR
Here’s an enigma if there ever was one. The potential is obvious by watching about 10 seconds of his college tape. He’s incredibly explosive, especially after the catch. PFF rated him with the highest athleticism score they had ever given a WR at that time. His official 40 time at the combine was slow, in the 4.4s, but he was laser timed in 4.3 at his pro day. Also, his 10-yard split was off the charts fast — quick acceleration is a trait that KOC covets for his offensive scheme.

But the production — his production has not been great, neither at TCU nor with Philly. That’s a concern. One time, he’ll make an incredible catch in traffic, while another time he’ll get stripped easily. One throw, he looks natural as could be catching the ball, the next one he’ll drop. He’s an enigma.

However, the thing some scouts are saying is that he’s never had an accurate quarterback delivering the ball to him. TCU’s quarterbacks were nothing much, and Jalen Hurts, while a winner, isn’t an accurate passer. Kirk Cousins will be, by far, the most accurate passer he’s ever worked with. Will that translate into production? No way to know.

The fact that he’s an experienced punt returner helps his cause and fills a real need for the Vikings. And it won’t hurt having Adam Thielen and, yes, Justin Jefferson mentoring him. Of course, ISM had those guys helping him, too … probably a big reason he had the good camp he did this year.

********

Again, this is NOT A PREDICTIVE ANALYSIS. I am not saying Blacklock and Reagor are locks to be studs or busts. The only way any of us will know is by evaluating what they do now that they’re Vikings. This is just a summation of things I’m reading and hearing. And yes, if you research analysts who cover the Texans and Eagles, they trash both guys. I’m not particularly interested in the frustrations of Eagles and Texans fans, nor am I trying to predict what they’ll do with Minnesota. I’m just trying to understand the thinking behind KAM and KOC in acquiring them.

Hope this is of some help.
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
JJBreaksRecords
Transition Player
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:22 pm
x 29

Re: Vikings trade for DT Ross Blacklock

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:02 am
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:19 am

Saving a million is the only reason I like this. I was big on watts, and we ended up with one of the worst DL's on any team. He flat out stinks and wont be as good as watts was in a 3-4. Makes no sense, nor did waiving ISM. Looks to me like KAM just wants to get rid of Ricks trash draftees. Still, ISM is going to be a hit on another team. Wont surprise me if he is WR4 or maybe even 3 this season. And Raegnor will be dropping passes and fumbling punts/KR's.
I’m not quite sure why you’re speaking on Blacklock in this scheme as a fact. You haven’t seen a single player on this roster in a 3-4 outside of Zadarius smith and Jordan Hicks. So I’m not sure how you know what Watts’ play would be like in this scheme.

As for ISM and Reagor, Marsette WAS the #4 on this team. And had zero shot passing any of the guys in front of him. He’s now on the bears who have arguably the worst WR group in the nfl. If that guy can’t break the #4 WR in that group, than he really was going nowhere. As for reagor, I said it once and I’ll say it again, his ceiling is much higher than marsettes. It was exactly why reagor was a first round pick. So that alone gives reagor an advantage. Now if KOC can crack that potential, this could be a great move. Either way, reagor is still sitting in a #4 role just like ISM would be. But he might be that much more dynamic if he does get involved.

To be honest, we replaced guys like ISM and Watts with near equivalent guys that have higher ceilings. Will they hit those ceilings, we will see. But it’s funny how you talk like we just traded away Justin Jefferson and Danielle Hunter. We simply recycled what we had with room for a potential breakout. I don’t see anything wrong with either of those trades
You love to exaggerate everything, dont you? If in your mind, Watts and Blackock equal JJ and Hunter, well you should seek help. Cause I never implied that. I didnt like guys go that looked like they could add depth. Unless they traded for Blackock for the 1.2m. Thats makes sense, but I'd be willing to bet watts is the better pass rusher (since thats the only reason for this trade) . And Philly hated Raegor. He is a 1st rd bust. Remember Troy Williamson? He was fast and elusive too but couldnt make the catch. Cousins may help him, but that isnt set in stone. KAM just likes to trade. And we have a 7th and 5th that we cant bring to the table to get a QB. You love to tote the party line and use emotion to justify anything this new regime does. I bet you did the same for Zimmer and Ricky, and look where they got us. :govikes:
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 9047
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 1055

Re: Vikings trade for DT Ross Blacklock

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:14 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:02 am

I’m not quite sure why you’re speaking on Blacklock in this scheme as a fact. You haven’t seen a single player on this roster in a 3-4 outside of Zadarius smith and Jordan Hicks. So I’m not sure how you know what Watts’ play would be like in this scheme.

As for ISM and Reagor, Marsette WAS the #4 on this team. And had zero shot passing any of the guys in front of him. He’s now on the bears who have arguably the worst WR group in the nfl. If that guy can’t break the #4 WR in that group, than he really was going nowhere. As for reagor, I said it once and I’ll say it again, his ceiling is much higher than marsettes. It was exactly why reagor was a first round pick. So that alone gives reagor an advantage. Now if KOC can crack that potential, this could be a great move. Either way, reagor is still sitting in a #4 role just like ISM would be. But he might be that much more dynamic if he does get involved.

To be honest, we replaced guys like ISM and Watts with near equivalent guys that have higher ceilings. Will they hit those ceilings, we will see. But it’s funny how you talk like we just traded away Justin Jefferson and Danielle Hunter. We simply recycled what we had with room for a potential breakout. I don’t see anything wrong with either of those trades
You love to exaggerate everything, dont you? If in your mind, Watts and Blackock equal JJ and Hunter, well you should seek help. Cause I never implied that. I didnt like guys go that looked like they could add depth. Unless they traded for Blackock for the 1.2m. Thats makes sense, but I'd be willing to bet watts is the better pass rusher (since thats the only reason for this trade) . And Philly hated Raegor. He is a 1st rd bust. Remember Troy Williamson? He was fast and elusive too but couldnt make the catch. Cousins may help him, but that isnt set in stone. KAM just likes to trade. And we have a 7th and 5th that we cant bring to the table to get a QB. You love to tote the party line and use emotion to justify anything this new regime does. I bet you did the same for Zimmer and Ricky, and look where they got us. :govikes:
Lol if anyone couldn’t stand zimmer on this board it was me. Last I knew, you and your mentor were the ones that defended zimmer and pointed fingers at cousins.

I’m not looking to exaggerate anything. That is how you’re acting. It was a #4 WR and a borderline starting defensive lineman. What did we replace them with? Another #4 and a borderline starting defensive lineman. So what is the issue?

If you’re going to sit there and say “I like to tote the party line”, then I’ll go ahead and say I think all you like to do is bitc# and complain. Because to be honest, that’s all you do on this board. Along with speaking on things as if they are a fact. Literally nobody knows how this regime will be, how this team will be, haven’t even seen anyone play a down yet and here you are….already calling out the “mistakes” we’re making and who’s going to suck. I don’t think your current words could have less credibility right now
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
JJBreaksRecords
Transition Player
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:22 pm
x 29

Re: Vikings trade for DT Ross Blacklock

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:21 am
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:14 am

You love to exaggerate everything, dont you? If in your mind, Watts and Blackock equal JJ and Hunter, well you should seek help. Cause I never implied that. I didnt like guys go that looked like they could add depth. Unless they traded for Blackock for the 1.2m. Thats makes sense, but I'd be willing to bet watts is the better pass rusher (since thats the only reason for this trade) . And Philly hated Raegor. He is a 1st rd bust. Remember Troy Williamson? He was fast and elusive too but couldnt make the catch. Cousins may help him, but that isnt set in stone. KAM just likes to trade. And we have a 7th and 5th that we cant bring to the table to get a QB. You love to tote the party line and use emotion to justify anything this new regime does. I bet you did the same for Zimmer and Ricky, and look where they got us. :govikes:
Lol if anyone couldn’t stand zimmer on this board it was me. Last I knew, you and your mentor were the ones that defended zimmer and pointed fingers at cousins.

I’m not looking to exaggerate anything. That is how you’re acting. It was a #4 WR and a borderline starting defensive lineman. What did we replace them with? Another #4 and a borderline starting defensive lineman. So what is the issue?

If you’re going to sit there and say “I like to tote the party line”, then I’ll go ahead and say I think all you like to do is bitc# and complain. Because to be honest, that’s all you do on this board. Along with speaking on things as if they are a fact. Literally nobody knows how this regime will be, how this team will be, haven’t even seen anyone play a down yet and here you are….already calling out the “mistakes” we’re making and who’s going to suck. I don’t think your current words could have less credibility right now
Someone doesnt pat you on the back and tell you how good you are, such a great football brain, and you once again attack. Thats called losing an argument. At this point no one knows a thing. Except Kirk is 35 and has never led a team deep into the playoffs. And Cook will have a brilliant year. And JJ will be JJ. Thats all thats certain at this point. I hope Kirk puts this team on his shoulders just like Stanford did, and finally the Vikes will go to the SB. Individual stats are meaningless. Thats an area you and I disagree. And Im not going to go around saying I know how good KAM/KOC have done. Do i like them better then the old regime? Heck yeah. After Zimmers first 2 seasons I wanted him gone. Credibility? What are you talking about? Grow up.
makila
Veteran
Posts: 278
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:43 pm
x 88

Re: Vikings trade for DT Ross Blacklock

Post by makila »

IMO, and other Vikings writers/reporters/talking heads have talked a little about this, Kwesi views each player as a stock. The roster is his portfolio. When you try to look at it from that perspective, it makes more sense. I'm not saying I agree with it, I think that it is a bit too much "in a vacuum" to do so, especially once you have on field tangible results to reference.

Blacklock...he saw a stock that was once a valuable stock for now pennies on the dollar. He bought low.
Reagor...same, he saw a stock that was valuable at one time in his evaluation, and he now bought low on it.

Again, not sure I agree...as you can point to results on the field for both players, I think that's some of his thought process and makes sense given his background. FWIW.
CharVike
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2738
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm
x 524

Re: Vikings trade for DT Ross Blacklock

Post by CharVike »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:02 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:21 am

Lol if anyone couldn’t stand zimmer on this board it was me. Last I knew, you and your mentor were the ones that defended zimmer and pointed fingers at cousins.

I’m not looking to exaggerate anything. That is how you’re acting. It was a #4 WR and a borderline starting defensive lineman. What did we replace them with? Another #4 and a borderline starting defensive lineman. So what is the issue?

If you’re going to sit there and say “I like to tote the party line”, then I’ll go ahead and say I think all you like to do is bitc# and complain. Because to be honest, that’s all you do on this board. Along with speaking on things as if they are a fact. Literally nobody knows how this regime will be, how this team will be, haven’t even seen anyone play a down yet and here you are….already calling out the “mistakes” we’re making and who’s going to suck. I don’t think your current words could have less credibility right now
Someone doesnt pat you on the back and tell you how good you are, such a great football brain, and you once again attack. Thats called losing an argument. At this point no one knows a thing. Except Kirk is 35 and has never led a team deep into the playoffs. And Cook will have a brilliant year. And JJ will be JJ. Thats all thats certain at this point. I hope Kirk puts this team on his shoulders just like Stanford did, and finally the Vikes will go to the SB. Individual stats are meaningless. Thats an area you and I disagree. And Im not going to go around saying I know how good KAM/KOC have done. Do i like them better then the old regime? Heck yeah. After Zimmers first 2 seasons I wanted him gone. Credibility? What are you talking about? Grow up.
Stafford put the Rams on his shoulders? That's a good one. He never put the Lions on his shoulders. The breaks will be different this year for the Rams. His 3 interceptions against us didn't help the Rams. A punt return TD did it for them. Not Stafford who tried handed it to us. If Cook rushes for 200 or 2000 yards it's meaningless? I hope he picks it up again to 1500. Step up and play. That's not meaningless. It helps the team. I hope Hunter gets 20 sacks. That would help. Of course you will say it's meaningless unless we win a Super Bowl. Only one team wins the Super Bowl every other players effort was meaningless but those 53 who won the Super Bowl. Never heard that one. Rodgers was MVP again no SB. Meaningless.
User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3520
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 670

Re: Vikings trade for DT Ross Blacklock

Post by VikingsVictorious »

CharVike wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:17 pm
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:02 pm

Someone doesnt pat you on the back and tell you how good you are, such a great football brain, and you once again attack. Thats called losing an argument. At this point no one knows a thing. Except Kirk is 35 and has never led a team deep into the playoffs. And Cook will have a brilliant year. And JJ will be JJ. Thats all thats certain at this point. I hope Kirk puts this team on his shoulders just like Stanford did, and finally the Vikes will go to the SB. Individual stats are meaningless. Thats an area you and I disagree. And Im not going to go around saying I know how good KAM/KOC have done. Do i like them better then the old regime? Heck yeah. After Zimmers first 2 seasons I wanted him gone. Credibility? What are you talking about? Grow up.
Stafford put the Rams on his shoulders? That's a good one. He never put the Lions on his shoulders. The breaks will be different this year for the Rams. His 3 interceptions against us didn't help the Rams. A punt return TD did it for them. Not Stafford who tried handed it to us. If Cook rushes for 200 or 2000 yards it's meaningless? I hope he picks it up again to 1500. Step up and play. That's not meaningless. It helps the team. I hope Hunter gets 20 sacks. That would help. Of course you will say it's meaningless unless we win a Super Bowl. Only one team wins the Super Bowl every other players effort was meaningless but those 53 who won the Super Bowl. Never heard that one. Rodgers was MVP again no SB. Meaningless.
Stafford didn't put anything or anybody on his shoulders. He played his usual better than average game. The rest of the team put Stafford on their shoulders and carried him to a title.
JJBreaksRecords
Transition Player
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:22 pm
x 29

Re: Vikings trade for DT Ross Blacklock

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:42 pm
CharVike wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:17 pm
Stafford put the Rams on his shoulders? That's a good one. He never put the Lions on his shoulders. The breaks will be different this year for the Rams. His 3 interceptions against us didn't help the Rams. A punt return TD did it for them. Not Stafford who tried handed it to us. If Cook rushes for 200 or 2000 yards it's meaningless? I hope he picks it up again to 1500. Step up and play. That's not meaningless. It helps the team. I hope Hunter gets 20 sacks. That would help. Of course you will say it's meaningless unless we win a Super Bowl. Only one team wins the Super Bowl every other players effort was meaningless but those 53 who won the Super Bowl. Never heard that one. Rodgers was MVP again no SB. Meaningless.
Stafford didn't put anything or anybody on his shoulders. He played his usual better than average game. The rest of the team put Stafford on their shoulders and carried him to a title.
Beat Cousins to the SB too. And he had the crapy Lions. He was buried there, just like any QB would be. The second he got a chance he excelled. Unlike the Vikings current QB.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 9047
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 1055

Re: Vikings trade for DT Ross Blacklock

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:02 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:21 am

Lol if anyone couldn’t stand zimmer on this board it was me. Last I knew, you and your mentor were the ones that defended zimmer and pointed fingers at cousins.

I’m not looking to exaggerate anything. That is how you’re acting. It was a #4 WR and a borderline starting defensive lineman. What did we replace them with? Another #4 and a borderline starting defensive lineman. So what is the issue?

If you’re going to sit there and say “I like to tote the party line”, then I’ll go ahead and say I think all you like to do is bitc# and complain. Because to be honest, that’s all you do on this board. Along with speaking on things as if they are a fact. Literally nobody knows how this regime will be, how this team will be, haven’t even seen anyone play a down yet and here you are….already calling out the “mistakes” we’re making and who’s going to suck. I don’t think your current words could have less credibility right now
Someone doesnt pat you on the back and tell you how good you are, such a great football brain, and you once again attack. Thats called losing an argument. At this point no one knows a thing. Except Kirk is 35 and has never led a team deep into the playoffs. And Cook will have a brilliant year. And JJ will be JJ. Thats all thats certain at this point. I hope Kirk puts this team on his shoulders just like Stanford did, and finally the Vikes will go to the SB. Individual stats are meaningless. Thats an area you and I disagree. And Im not going to go around saying I know how good KAM/KOC have done. Do i like them better then the old regime? Heck yeah. After Zimmers first 2 seasons I wanted him gone. Credibility? What are you talking about? Grow up.
:lol: :lol: Losing an argument? What did argument did I lose? You literally contradict yourself constantly on this board. You claim that “at this point, nobody knows a thing” but then you literally claimed above that Blacklock was going to be terrible in this scheme. Just more speaking on things as if they were fact. You’ve done this plenty of times before. Like have your opinion by all means, but you aren’t helping yourself when you try to go out there and tell people what’s going to happen. That’s where credibility comes in and when you claim stuff like that will happen, that’s where your credibility goes out the window.

All I was saying is that we practically replaced Watts and ISM with their equivalents that have more upside. You acted like we traded our two best players away. You claim I’m attacking you when you’re the one saying I like to “tote the party line and use emotion towards what this regime does”. But I’m attacking you? Ok :roll: I guess I’ll grow up
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 9047
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 1055

Re: Vikings trade for DT Ross Blacklock

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:51 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:42 pm
Stafford didn't put anything or anybody on his shoulders. He played his usual better than average game. The rest of the team put Stafford on their shoulders and carried him to a title.
Beat Cousins to the SB too. And he had the crapy Lions. He was buried there, just like any QB would be. The second he got a chance he excelled. Unlike the Vikings current QB.
I mean hey, you even said it, Cousins had a pretty bad coach when it came to his side of the ball. You wanted Zim gone two years in.

The scenarios aren’t even comparable to be honest. You had Stafford come from a crappy team to a team led by Sean McVay (arguably the most innovative and highest regarded offensive mind in the entire league) and then you had cousins coming from a crappy team and landing with Mike Zimmer (arguably the least innovative and lowest regarded offensive mind in the league).

There was no doubt this Vikings team was well behind the times offensively under Mike Zimmer. Yet you’re comparing that to a guy that literally eats, sleeps and breaths offense in Sean McVay. Those two from an offensive standpoint, couldn’t be further apart. LITERALLY couldn’t be further apart
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3587
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 623

Re: Vikings trade for DT Ross Blacklock

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:28 pm
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:51 pm

Beat Cousins to the SB too. And he had the crapy Lions. He was buried there, just like any QB would be. The second he got a chance he excelled. Unlike the Vikings current QB.
I mean hey, you even said it, Cousins had a pretty bad coach when it came to his side of the ball. You wanted Zim gone two years in.

The scenarios aren’t even comparable to be honest. You had Stafford come from a crappy team to a team led by Sean McVay (arguably the most innovative and highest regarded offensive mind in the entire league) and then you had cousins coming from a crappy team who's OC was the above mentioned Sean McVay and landing with Mike Zimmer (arguably the least innovative and lowest regarded offensive mind in the league) who managed to win 13 games and get to the NFCCG with a backup QB the year before.

There was no doubt this Vikings team was well behind the times offensively under Mike Zimmer. Yet you’re comparing that to a guy that literally eats, sleeps and breaths offense in Sean McVay. Those two from an offensive standpoint, couldn’t be further apart. LITERALLY couldn’t be further apart
Filled in some missing info for you in your post. Who goes around derailing threads with Cousins talk around here again?