Top Tier QB's

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3356
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 648

Re: Top Tier QB's

Post by VikingsVictorious »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:16 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:38 pm

Let me help you out. Regardless of your rhetoric Cousins has played very well for us for years. If the defense is healthy this year and Kirk does his usual we will have as good a chance as anybody of winning it all.
Regardless of your rhetoric, Cousins hasnt gotten the job done. See, I call it like it is. All you do is find excuses for Cousins. And Case was just lucky when he helped this team further in the playoffs than Kirky has ever seen (and imo, will EVER see). Any QB is going to do well if a QB has a good Oline and a D. Kirk has not led this team. He isnt a leader. Sometimes that helps. Its funny how so many fans have to come up with excuses for Kirky. And most likely will when he once again cant led fans where they want to go. Hopefully most will say, its over, we need a new QB. The Kirk experiment has gone on long enough.

And you and I shouldnt quote each other or try to convince each other who is right. The season will start soon enough.
I've never in my life made an excuse for Kirk. He doesn't need one. He plays very well. You in your delusions think that QBs win games. No need to have a good football team. Just the right QB. No QB has ever won a football game. Teams do that. You should have learned that lesson with Stafford who is a lesser QB than Kirk.
JJBreaksRecords
Veteran
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:22 pm
x 16

Re: Top Tier QB's

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

CharVike wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:03 pm
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:16 pm

Regardless of your rhetoric, Cousins hasnt gotten the job done. See, I call it like it is. All you do is find excuses for Cousins. And Case was just lucky when he helped this team further in the playoffs than Kirky has ever seen (and imo, will EVER see). Any QB is going to do well if a QB has a good Oline and a D. Kirk has not led this team. He isnt a leader. Sometimes that helps. Its funny how so many fans have to come up with excuses for Kirky. And most likely will when he once again cant led fans where they want to go. Hopefully most will say, its over, we need a new QB. The Kirk experiment has gone on long enough.

And you and I shouldnt quote each other or try to convince each other who is right. The season will start soon enough.
You don't call it like it is. You say any QB can do well with a good OL. The WFT had the 6th ranked OL according to PFF and won 7 games. Browns were ranked No 8 and won 8. There goes that call. I'll explain it to you. Everything starts at the LOS. That's not an excuse that's football 101. If you can't block it's over. We can't block. Just look at the ratings. Bradbury has sucked since day 1. You'll blame that on a QB? Oli sucks. QB fault again? Now we have a bench warmer that will start at RG. I guess he's been a backup because of his QB.
Reading is your friend. I will explain it to you.I said a good Oline and D. By D i mean a good defense. Your logic is too much for me I guess cause it sounds as though you are proving my point. Or at least not making one.
User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3356
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 648

Re: Top Tier QB's

Post by VikingsVictorious »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:51 pm
CharVike wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:03 pm
You don't call it like it is. You say any QB can do well with a good OL. The WFT had the 6th ranked OL according to PFF and won 7 games. Browns were ranked No 8 and won 8. There goes that call. I'll explain it to you. Everything starts at the LOS. That's not an excuse that's football 101. If you can't block it's over. We can't block. Just look at the ratings. Bradbury has sucked since day 1. You'll blame that on a QB? Oli sucks. QB fault again? Now we have a bench warmer that will start at RG. I guess he's been a backup because of his QB.
Reading is your friend. I will explain it to you.I said a good Oline and D. By D i mean a good defense. Your logic is too much for me I guess cause it sounds as though you are proving my point. Or at least not making one.
JJ you haven't made any point. You say Cousins must suck because we haven't won the Super Bowl. Also you say he has to do this with a bad line and a bad d because any QB can win it all with a good line and good d. If he wins it all, but the line and D are good that will mean he still sucks according to your logic. However, the facts are he plays well every year. If the rest of the team plays at his level we will win it all.
CharVike
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2579
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm
x 495

Re: Top Tier QB's

Post by CharVike »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:51 pm
CharVike wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:03 pm
You don't call it like it is. You say any QB can do well with a good OL. The WFT had the 6th ranked OL according to PFF and won 7 games. Browns were ranked No 8 and won 8. There goes that call. I'll explain it to you. Everything starts at the LOS. That's not an excuse that's football 101. If you can't block it's over. We can't block. Just look at the ratings. Bradbury has sucked since day 1. You'll blame that on a QB? Oli sucks. QB fault again? Now we have a bench warmer that will start at RG. I guess he's been a backup because of his QB.
Reading is your friend. I will explain it to you.I said a good Oline and D. By D i mean a good defense. Your logic is too much for me I guess cause it sounds as though you are proving my point. Or at least not making one.
The Browns had a very good OL and a very good D and won 8 games. You posted any QB can do good with that. We won 8 with a bad D and OL. So no I'm not agreeing with your thought. You have an opinion and that's one guy is killing this team. I have an opinion and it goes beyond one guy. Look at the entire roster. No team has stars at every spot but you can't have huge holes in several areas. We have a solid team but our problems will come when we face a team with a strong defensive front. We will lose the LOS battle. It will be over at that point. You need a complete team and you don't see that.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3548
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 613

Re: Top Tier QB's

Post by StumpHunter »

CharVike wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:10 am
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:51 pm

Reading is your friend. I will explain it to you.I said a good Oline and D. By D i mean a good defense. Your logic is too much for me I guess cause it sounds as though you are proving my point. Or at least not making one.
The Browns had a very good OL and a very good D and won 8 games.
The Brown's D was 18th in PPD and not "very good".
You posted any QB can do good with that. We won 8 with a bad D and OL. So no I'm not agreeing with your thought. You have an opinion and that's one guy is killing this team. I have an opinion and it goes beyond one guy. Look at the entire roster. No team has stars at every spot but you can't have huge holes in several areas. We have a solid team but our problems will come when we face a team with a strong defensive front. We will lose the LOS battle. It will be over at that point. You need a complete team and you don't see that.
Every team will have their struggles when facing a strong defensive front, which is why guys like Aaron Donald, Bosa, and Watt are paid so much. Great QBs overcome those struggles, QBs like Cousins don't.
CharVike
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2579
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm
x 495

Re: Top Tier QB's

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:33 am
CharVike wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:10 am
The Browns had a very good OL and a very good D and won 8 games.
The Brown's D was 18th in PPD and not "very good".
You posted any QB can do good with that. We won 8 with a bad D and OL. So no I'm not agreeing with your thought. You have an opinion and that's one guy is killing this team. I have an opinion and it goes beyond one guy. Look at the entire roster. No team has stars at every spot but you can't have huge holes in several areas. We have a solid team but our problems will come when we face a team with a strong defensive front. We will lose the LOS battle. It will be over at that point. You need a complete team and you don't see that.
Every team will have their struggles when facing a strong defensive front, which is why guys like Aaron Donald, Bosa, and Watt are paid so much. Great QBs overcome those struggles, QBs like Cousins don't.
The Browns gave up 5.0 YP which was second best behind the Bills who gave up 4.6. They have a very good secondary lead by pro bowler Denzel Ward. PFF ranked it No 4. They gave up 371 the same as the Packers. I think that's a very good D.
User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3356
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 648

Re: Top Tier QB's

Post by VikingsVictorious »

CharVike wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:42 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:33 am
The Brown's D was 18th in PPD and not "very good".


Every team will have their struggles when facing a strong defensive front, which is why guys like Aaron Donald, Bosa, and Watt are paid so much. Great QBs overcome those struggles, QBs like Cousins don't.
The Browns gave up 5.0 YP which was second best behind the Bills who gave up 4.6. They have a very good secondary lead by pro bowler Denzel Ward. PFF ranked it No 4. They gave up 371 the same as the Packers. I think that's a very good D.
What I want to know is where the Browns ranked in EPA/P when going from first to second read.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3548
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 613

Re: Top Tier QB's

Post by StumpHunter »

CharVike wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:42 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:33 am
The Brown's D was 18th in PPD and not "very good".


Every team will have their struggles when facing a strong defensive front, which is why guys like Aaron Donald, Bosa, and Watt are paid so much. Great QBs overcome those struggles, QBs like Cousins don't.
The Browns gave up 5.0 YP which was second best behind the Bills who gave up 4.6. They have a very good secondary lead by pro bowler Denzel Ward. PFF ranked it No 4. They gave up 371 the same as the Packers. I think that's a very good D.
They certainly could have underperformed, but the impact they had on wins and losses was 18th in the NFL. Not very good at all.
CharVike
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2579
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm
x 495

Re: Top Tier QB's

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:14 pm
CharVike wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:42 pm
The Browns gave up 5.0 YP which was second best behind the Bills who gave up 4.6. They have a very good secondary lead by pro bowler Denzel Ward. PFF ranked it No 4. They gave up 371 the same as the Packers. I think that's a very good D.
They certainly could have underperformed, but the impact they had on wins and losses was 18th in the NFL. Not very good at all.
Fine you are right again. They sucked.
User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3356
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 648

Re: Top Tier QB's

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Per Spotrac

Kyle Sloter, QB
Signed a contract with Jacksonville (JAC)
User avatar
phantom
Backup
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:40 pm
x 7

Re: Top Tier QB's

Post by phantom »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:01 pm
phantom wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:29 pm

I also think he earned it
I do too. But some fans thought it was just Case being lucky.
Everyone has gotten some luck to win.
User avatar
phantom
Backup
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:40 pm
x 7

Re: Top Tier QB's

Post by phantom »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:17 pm
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:16 pm

Regardless of your rhetoric, Cousins hasnt gotten the job done. See, I call it like it is. All you do is find excuses for Cousins. And Case was just lucky when he helped this team further in the playoffs than Kirky has ever seen (and imo, will EVER see). Any QB is going to do well if a QB has a good Oline and a D. Kirk has not led this team. He isnt a leader. Sometimes that helps. Its funny how so many fans have to come up with excuses for Kirky. And most likely will when he once again cant led fans where they want to go. Hopefully most will say, its over, we need a new QB. The Kirk experiment has gone on long enough.

And you and I shouldnt quote each other or try to convince each other who is right. The season will start soon enough.
I've never in my life made an excuse for Kirk. He doesn't need one. He plays very well. You in your delusions think that QBs win games. No need to have a good football team. Just the right QB. No QB has ever won a football game. Teams do that. You should have learned that lesson with Stafford who is a lesser QB than Kirk.
Really is that why they gave up so much for Stafford, and the Vikes would have had to pick up 10 million of Kirks 45 Million contract if the traded before the year started. Read some those articles. The only one who is delusional is you.
User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3356
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 648

Re: Top Tier QB's

Post by VikingsVictorious »

phantom wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:10 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:17 pm
I've never in my life made an excuse for Kirk. He doesn't need one. He plays very well. You in your delusions think that QBs win games. No need to have a good football team. Just the right QB. No QB has ever won a football game. Teams do that. You should have learned that lesson with Stafford who is a lesser QB than Kirk.
Really is that why they gave up so much for Stafford, and the Vikes would have had to pick up 10 million of Kirks 45 Million contract if the traded before the year started. Read some those articles. The only one who is delusional is you.
Kirk has always been better than Stafford. No delusions whatsoever about that.
User avatar
phantom
Backup
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:40 pm
x 7

Re: Top Tier QB's

Post by phantom »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:10 pm
phantom wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:10 pm

Really is that why they gave up so much for Stafford, and the Vikes would have had to pick up 10 million of Kirks 45 Million contract if the traded before the year started. Read some those articles. The only one who is delusional is you.
Kirk has always been better than Stafford. No delusions whatsoever about that.
No your completely delusional, and believe your own lies.
User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3356
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 648

Re: Top Tier QB's

Post by VikingsVictorious »

phantom wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:43 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:10 pm

Kirk has always been better than Stafford. No delusions whatsoever about that.
No your completely delusional, and believe your own lies.
In what world was Stafford ever better than Cousins other than last year maybe. Don't call my beliefs based on pretty much all evidence delusions or lies. Go back and check the stats and the results. If you'd like we can check the w/l record and stats year by year by year. All you can do about that is say "well the Lions suck". That's the only thing you could hang your hat on. You're being very rude and nasty here based on absolutely nothing.