Top Tier QB's

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

phantom
Backup

Re: Top Tier QB's

Post by phantom »

Frozen Rope wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:27 pm
phantom wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:09 pm

You sound more like a Zimmer hater to me. Five years latter all of the sudden Zimmer hated Cousins. Cousins has been given a golden opportunity that most don't get. I don't want to hear any excuse. He's had his more than his fair share of blunders. For a guy who lines up under guard. Oh wait that was Cousins. Slides 2 yards short of the 1st down against KC to get a 1st down..real inspiring. Oh wait that was Cousins. Would want you get hurt Kirk. Kirk is for Kirk. That's what was said about him coming out of Washington. 7-37 against winning teams.
I give you real facts on 3 losses and you come back with Cousins lines up under guard or slides 2 yards short. I’m taking games we should have won and you come back with this. Let me just say this. You have done a masterful job of convincing me I was a fool to respond to your text. I tried to have a reasonable conversation with you, but to no avail. I’m done.
Oh no whatever will I do. Tells about Cousins Incompetency. And 3 BS statements blaming other for loses. How many times did Cousins fumble and short field the Defense it's not just the end of the game that cost you. Just like every Cousins Cult member finding others to blame and Kirk can do no wrong and you call yourself reasonable. Face it nobody wanted him and the Vikes got Stuck with his contract that's why he is playing. Look what they gave up for Wilson, and realize nobody wanted Cousins Unless the
Vikes picked up 10 Million of his contract. That explains why he's a Tier 4 QB in the article. Not exactly the rest of the league seeing Cousins as a Top QB. So please don't respond then because I sick of Cousin supports and there Denial. He's had 7 years to be a Champ, and that's more than enough chances.
The Northern Goshawk "phantom of the forest"
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

phantom wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:58 pm

I give you real facts on 3 losses and you come back with Cousins lines up under guard or slides 2 yards short. I’m taking games we should have won and you come back with this. Let me just say this. You have done a masterful job of convincing me I was a fool to respond to your text. I tried to have a reasonable conversation with you, but to no avail. I’m done.
Oh no whatever will I do. Tells about Cousins Incompetency. And 3 BS statements blaming other for loses. How many times did Cousins fumble and short field the Defense it's not just the end of the game that cost you. Just like every Cousins Cult member finding others to blame and Kirk can do no wrong and you call yourself reasonable. Face it nobody wanted him and the Vikes got Stuck with his contract that's why he is playing. Look what they gave up for Wilson, and realize nobody wanted Cousins Unless the
Vikes picked up 10 Million of his contract. That explains why he's a Tier 4 QB in the article. Not exactly the rest of the league seeing Cousins as a Top QB. So please don't respond then because I sick of Cousin supports and there Denial. He's had 7 years to be a Champ, and that's more than enough chances.
How many years did Stafford have? There is no Cousins Cult Club so no Cousins cult members. The people who like him recognize the excellent job he does year after year. Stats IMO prove it, but you can dive deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep like Stump and find some negative stats. I hate mentioning that name because it will elicit a response from him, but since I have him on ignore it won't be too painful.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Nobody wanted him. Washington gave him the franchise tag twice. That's big money. Why? They could have said get out and played another guy. The Jets offered money. If we cut him right now teams would be chasing after him. There are many different QB rankings. Right now Stafford is ranked very high on some. It wasn't that long ago when he wasn't ranked high at all. Why the change? He's still the same guy that I have seen play many times. He sucked against us last year and turned the ball over 3 times. But that Ram team found another way to win the game. There D and ST stepped up and carried him. That's why they won the whole thing. It wasn't just one guy Stafford. They played well across the board. That's what you are missing. You need a complete team and they need to play very well in the playoffs or they won't make the SB. Our 15-1 team missed the SB. Many blamed the FG kicker. I'll blame the D because it fell apart in that game. I guess Wilson wins another Super Bowl. I doubt it.
phantom
Backup

Post by phantom »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:22 pm

How many years did Stafford have? There is no Cousins Cult Club so no Cousins cult members. The people who like him recognize the excellent job he does year after year. Stats IMO prove it, but you can dive deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep like Stump and find some negative stats. I hate mentioning that name because it will elicit a response from him, but since I have him on ignore it won't be too painful.
Stafford did not take over a Super Bowl Favorite. I believe they were 1-15 or may 0-16. Big Difference...The contract Cousins signed said I am as Good as Brady, Wilson, Rogers, Mahomes, (all won super bowls and at there peak)...That's what was expected when Kirk came here..He knew what he was getting into. He should be able to run the offense that was ranked 11th when he got here better Keenum. 2017 325Comp. 481Att. 3,547yards 22TD's 7INT. I'll take that year over any of Cousins years. But I don't believe you get as much passing yards when your in the lead and putting teams away and winning like the Top teams in the NFL. Cousins must be your keeper league fantasy QB and your trying to win the Fantasy Bowl. So the Vikes big upgrade is not paying off. Some compare him to Cutler.
The Northern Goshawk "phantom of the forest"
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

phantom wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:03 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:22 pm
Stafford did not take over a Super Bowl Favorite. I believe they were 1-15 or may 0-16. Big Difference...The contract Cousins signed said I am as Good as Brady, Wilson, Rogers, Mahomes, (all won super bowls and at there peak)...That's what was expected when Kirk came here..He knew what he was getting into. He should be able to run the offense that was ranked 11th when he got here better Keenum. 2017 325Comp. 481Att. 3,547yards 22TD's 7INT. I'll take that year over any of Cousins years. But I don't believe you get as much passing yards when your in the lead and putting teams away and winning like the Top teams in the NFL. Cousins must be your keeper league fantasy QB and your trying to win the Fantasy Bowl. So the Vikes big upgrade is not paying off. Some compare him to Cutler.
You can dislike Cousins all you want. His performance with the Vikings has been quite good. Stafford was always a good QB, but a pathetic loser when it came to his teams record. Cousins has always been a little better than Stafford so one of these years it will likely fall in place, but only one of 32 teams wins in any year so any year is a long shot.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:25 pm

You can dislike Cousins all you want. His performance with the Vikings has been quite good. Stafford was always a good QB, but a pathetic loser when it came to his teams record. Cousins has always been a little better than Stafford so one of these years it will likely fall in place, but only one of 32 teams wins in any year so any year is a long shot.
What has Cousins done here in MN that matters? As you have stated a million times, stats dont matter when stump would bring them up. Yet yours matter somehow. How many playoff games has he won in MN? Or even been too? You are so blinded by your homerism you cant see him for what he is. It gets old. And how do you know so much about Stump's posts if you have him on ignore? You make no sense at all. You just like to stir up trouble and insult members here by attacking them if they dont share your beliefs about Cousins. Wait for him to so something good for this team before you become the cult leader of the Kirk Cousin crusade..
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Cousins goes to a 13 win team a game away from the SB with a backup QB and the team gets worse and misses the playoffs. Stafford goes to a 10 win team that got knocked out in the divisional round with Cousins level QB, and the team gets much better and makes the SB.

Stafford is not a perfect QB and even with the Rams he had his Stafford moments, but unlike Cousins, he is not consistently bad against every good D/team he faces. He has the potential to be great when his team needs him to be great, versus Cousins who just does not have that 2nd gear to take his game to the next level when it is needed.

That is why Cousins is a tier 4 QB and why GMs when asked about trading for him laughed, while Stafford got 2 1sts and a serviceable starter in a trade.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

https://www.minnesotasportsfan.com/ever ... k-cousins/

This is article explains why people will never agree on Kirk Cousins, even after he washes out of the league with never accomplishing anything important.

It all depends on what you want out of your QB, and if you want a guy to put up good numbers each season and not care about team success, Kirk is your guy.

However, if you want a QB to step up against good defenses and win his team football games even when things aren't perfect around him, or in other words be a QB capable of helping his team win a SB, Kirk will never be good enough.

I for one find games more fun when the team wins, so I am in that second group. I can't understand the first group and why putting up good personal stats that don't translate to team success is good enough, but that is okay. Apparently some people can get excited about an occasional playoff appearance with mostly .500 football and while I find that odd, it is great for those people since that is what we have right now.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:54 am
What has Cousins done here in MN that matters? As you have stated a million times, stats dont matter when stump would bring them up. Yet yours matter somehow. How many playoff games has he won in MN? Or even been too? You are so blinded by your homerism you cant see him for what he is. It gets old. And how do you know so much about Stump's posts if you have him on ignore? You make no sense at all. You just like to stir up trouble and insult members here by attacking them if they dont share your beliefs about Cousins. Wait for him to so something good for this team before you become the cult leader of the Kirk Cousin crusade..
What Cousins has done JJ is play very good QB for us. JJ doesn't break records because Cousins sucks. Simple as that. Stats do matter and Cousins stats are impressive, but when Stump uses stats he just throws out any stat he doesn't like and digs deeeeeeeeeeeeeeep until he finds stats he does. I don't know much at all about Stump's posts recently. About the only time I see them is when PHP quotes him. I don't insult anybody or try to stir up any trouble at all. You by all your posts despise Cousins, but get offended when I point out you don't like him. I put Stump on ignore to help ensure I don't attack or insult him. I clearly don't like him and I don't think I have any obligation to like him. He doesn't like me and neither do you. I'm OK with that. Their is no cult so no cult leader.
Last edited by VikingsVictorious on Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
StanM
Veteran

Post by StanM »

I am neutral on Cousins. He is locked in as our QB for two years so it doesn’t make any difference if I present stats in an attempt to convince others to agree. Looking at some of these negative posts I can’t imagine why anyone would continue to support a team that raises their blood pressure. Life is too short to pay attention to things that make me angry. The philosophy has helped me to hang in there as a fan since day one. :roll:
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

StanM wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:25 am I am neutral on Cousins. He is locked in as our QB for two years so it doesn’t make any difference if I present stats in an attempt to convince others to agree. Looking at some of these negative posts I can’t imagine why anyone would continue to support a team that raises their blood pressure. Life is too short to pay attention to things that make me angry. The philosophy has helped me to hang in there as a fan since day one. :roll:
We (people that dont think Cousins is the guy to lead us to a SB or even into the playoff) will always support this team. We love it as much as you do. It my opinion we have bad owners. The should have let Cousins go.. Cousins was Ricks QB, NOT KOC's. And Rick was fired. I firmly believe the Wilfs made the decision to keep Cousins. I dont think KOC could do or say anything to get out of having a QB that couldn't get the job done. No one cares about stats. They something people argue over who have too much time on their hands. :wallbang:
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:53 am
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:54 am

What Cousins has done JJ is play very good QB for us. JJ doesn't break records because Cousins sucks. Simple as that. Stats do matter and Cousins stats are impressive, but when Stump uses stats he just throws out any stat he doesn't like and digs deeeeeeeeeeeeeeep until he finds stats he does. I don't know much at all about Stump's posts recently. About the only time I see them is when PHP quotes him. I don't insult anybody or try to stir up any trouble at all. You by all your posts despise Cousins, but get offended when I point out you don't like him. I put Stump on ignore to help ensure I don't attack or insult him. I clearly don't like him and I don't think I have any obligation to like him. He doesn't like me and neither do you. I'm OK with that. Their is no cult so no cult leader.
Like I said, I have no opinion of you at all. I dont know you. Why would I dislike you. You are too tied up in this board, you compete everyone who has a negative view of what the team is doing. Just let it go. : D
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:59 pm
StanM wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:25 am I am neutral on Cousins. He is locked in as our QB for two years so it doesn’t make any difference if I present stats in an attempt to convince others to agree. Looking at some of these negative posts I can’t imagine why anyone would continue to support a team that raises their blood pressure. Life is too short to pay attention to things that make me angry. The philosophy has helped me to hang in there as a fan since day one. :roll:
We (people that dont think Cousins is the guy to lead us to a SB or even into the playoff) will always support this team. We love it as much as you do. It my opinion we have bad owners. The should have let Cousins go.. Cousins was Ricks QB, NOT KOC's. And Rick was fired. I firmly believe the Wilfs made the decision to keep Cousins. I dont think KOC could do or say anything to get out of having a QB that couldn't get the job done. No one cares about stats. They something people argue over who have too much time on their hands. :wallbang:
I'm 99% convinced that KOC loves Kirk and was very vocal about having him as his QB. I believe KOC believes Kirk can absolutely lead us to where we want to be.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:02 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:53 am
Like I said, I have no opinion of you at all. I dont know you. Why would I dislike you. You are too tied up in this board, you compete everyone who has a negative view of what the team is doing. Just let it go. : D
You make IMO untrue accusations about me and always get annoyed by my posts. That led me to believe you dislike me. I'm happy to hear you don't. I don't know if I compete, maybe I do. I know I don't like to let IMO BS posts go unchallenged. However, for my health and the boards I had to put Stump on ignore or that's all I would be doing.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:41 am
Cousins goes to a 13 win team a game away from the SB with a backup QB and the team gets worse and misses the playoffs. Stafford goes to a 10 win team that got knocked out in the divisional round with Cousins level QB, and the team gets much better and makes the SB.

Stafford is not a perfect QB and even with the Rams he had his Stafford moments, but unlike Cousins, he is not consistently bad against every good D/team he faces. He has the potential to be great when his team needs him to be great, versus Cousins who just does not have that 2nd gear to take his game to the next level when it is needed.

That is why Cousins is a tier 4 QB and why GMs when asked about trading for him laughed, while Stafford got 2 1sts and a serviceable starter in a trade.
The Rams gave up over 30 points in 3 games and Stafford didn't shift into 2nd gear. They lost all 3. Our great D team gave up over 30 6 times, which is pathetic, and we won 1 of those games. Neither QB was great when their team gave up +30. Stafford didn't step up at all. He didn't want it and gave up every time. Didn't feel like digging deep.
Forget the tier stuff and just say we can't win because Cousins sucks. This new GM we have can't be to bright himself. He just extended him. I thought the guy was a genius. I guess not.