Lewis Cine

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: Lewis Cine

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:02 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:10 am

There are reports out there that he was going at 33 if we didn't draft him at 32. Good thing someone in the draft room had the sense to not take the Packer's offer to trade back from 32 even though the GM wanted to make that trade.
Stump I opened this one comment from you. I thought it would be safe. In the interview with Sherman IIRC Cine mentioned he had pretty much been promised to be picked by the team that had the 27th pick and they traded out of it. That was Tampa Bay. So it seems incredibly likely that he would have been taken with pick 33 if we hadn't drafted him at 32. Kwesi aluded to that strong possibility when mentioning why he didn't accept the Packers offer for pick 32.

If you haven't listened to the Sherman interview please do. It is amazing.
Great stuff man. Thanks!
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Vikings have now signed their first pick of the draft Lewis Cine and their last pick of the draft Nick Muse. Rookie Minicamp starts tomorrow.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:45 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:02 pm
Stump I opened this one comment from you. I thought it would be safe. In the interview with Sherman IIRC Cine mentioned he had pretty much been promised to be picked by the team that had the 27th pick and they traded out of it. That was Tampa Bay. So it seems incredibly likely that he would have been taken with pick 33 if we hadn't drafted him at 32. Kwesi aluded to that strong possibility when mentioning why he didn't accept the Packers offer for pick 32.

If you haven't listened to the Sherman interview please do. It is amazing.
Great stuff man. Thanks!
Or two teams smoke screened, and the player we drafted, along with rookie GM were both overthinking and blinded by said smoke.
Kwesi alludes to a lot of things. At least he's more convincing than Slick Rick. Even if the approach seems the same...
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Demi wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:31 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:45 pm
Great stuff man. Thanks!
Or two teams smoke screened, and the player we drafted, along with rookie GM were both overthinking and blinded by said smoke.
Kwesi alludes to a lot of things. At least he's more convincing than Slick Rick. Even if the approach seems the same...
Demi the great stuff is the interview with Richard Sherman. Scroll up and check it out.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Chris Simms and I think the other guy is Mike Florio (help me out if I'm wrong) Discussing the Richard Sherman interview with Lewis Cine. The Bucs promised to draft Lewis Cine at 27 and didn't keep that promise. The Vikings seemed to know that the Bucs would have taken him at 33 so declined the Pukers offer for 32. This Kwesi guy might be pretty smart after all.

CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:41 pm Chris Simms and I think the other guy is Mike Florio (help me out if I'm wrong) Discussing the Richard Sherman interview with Lewis Cine. The Bucs promised to draft Lewis Cine at 27 and didn't keep that promise. The Vikings seemed to know that the Bucs would have taken him at 33 so declined the Pukers offer for 32. This Kwesi guy might be pretty smart after all.

It is Florio. We will find out very shortly how smart the genius is. In today's world 1st round picks are expected to start. Even most QBs are thrown onto the field. If that don't happen and whoever was taken at our original pick does then he's no genius. I never would have done what he did. I get the impression trader down Rick was running the draft or at the least advising him. Whatever Rick did is a perfect example of what not to do. The genius did the same thing and to even more extreme level. Basically skipping 20 spots for not much. You need to get the farm otherwise tell the other team to get lost. That's how you need to deal. We skipped some top level prospects. Hopefully he hit it out of the park and fooled everyone. Otherwise he flushed it down the toilet and lost a very good player and we made no forward movement. Perhaps they will use a 3 safety system.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

CharVike wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 10:46 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:41 pm Chris Simms and I think the other guy is Mike Florio (help me out if I'm wrong) Discussing the Richard Sherman interview with Lewis Cine. The Bucs promised to draft Lewis Cine at 27 and didn't keep that promise. The Vikings seemed to know that the Bucs would have taken him at 33 so declined the Pukers offer for 32. This Kwesi guy might be pretty smart after all.

It is Florio. We will find out very shortly how smart the genius is. In today's world 1st round picks are expected to start. Even most QBs are thrown onto the field. If that don't happen and whoever was taken at our original pick does then he's no genius. I never would have done what he did. I get the impression trader down Rick was running the draft or at the least advising him. Whatever Rick did is a perfect example of what not to do. The genius did the same thing and to even more extreme level. Basically skipping 20 spots for not much. You need to get the farm otherwise tell the other team to get lost. That's how you need to deal. We skipped some top level prospects. Hopefully he hit it out of the park and fooled everyone. Otherwise he flushed it down the toilet and lost a very good player and we made no forward movement. Perhaps they will use a 3 safety system.
According to virtually everybody Kwesi got a very good player at 32 and another very good player at 42. Of course with all draft picks you don't know until they play, but all indications are very positive. Who would you have drafted so we can follow this and see how you would have done compared to Kwesi.

What are you trying to prove with all the GENIUS stuff. I get you think he thinks he's smart, but you disagree. He is our GM and will be for awhile. Once or twice would have been OK, but do you really want to mock him with every single post you make.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:28 pm
CharVike wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 10:46 am
According to virtually everybody Kwesi got a very good player at 32 and another very good player at 42. Of course with all draft picks you don't know until they play, but all indications are very positive. Who would you have drafted so we can follow this and see how you would have done compared to Kwesi.

What are you trying to prove with all the GENIUS stuff. I get you think he thinks he's smart, but you disagree. He is our GM and will be for awhile. Once or twice would have been OK, but do you really want to mock him with every single post you make.
Hamilton. Nobody knows about picks but I do know this the further down the board you move there will be a shrinkage in the talent pool. The best come off the board fast. Kwesi has a BS from Princeton and a Masters from Stanford. That's impressive. No average mind or idiot is getting into those schools. I don't disagree. I agree with genius. Now use it in the NFL world. Don't do the same crap that we have been doing for a long time. It don't work. There's my mock but it's the truth. My expectations are high. This OL needs to be pushed into the top 10 or we are done. The Chiefs did it in one off season. It's not an impossible task. The Chargers are another team fixing the OL and have made tremendous progress.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

CharVike wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 10:30 pm

Hamilton. Nobody knows about picks but I do know this the further down the board you move there will be a shrinkage in the talent pool. The best come off the board fast. Kwesi has a BS from Princeton and a Masters from Stanford. That's impressive. No average mind or idiot is getting into those schools. I don't disagree. I agree with genius. Now use it in the NFL world. Don't do the same crap that we have been doing for a long time. It don't work. There's my mock but it's the truth. My expectations are high. This OL needs to be pushed into the top 10 or we are done. The Chiefs did it in one off season. It's not an impossible task. The Chargers are another team fixing the OL and have made tremendous progress.
A lot of people really like Hamilton. I'm very scared off by his LaQuon Treadwell sundial timed speed. What works in college with that speed often doesn't translate to the NFL.

Kwesi's not doing the same crap at all. He's doing his own crap in his own crappy way. Hopefully his crappy way works great. Anyway we got your point. You think his GM skills are idiot level. He turned your choice of Hamilton into Cine, Booth and Ingram. Sure with a trade up we could have had Hamilton and Booth, but then no Ingram and no Asamoah. Your way of doing it is dependent on Hamilton being worth the combination of either Cine, Ingram and Asamoah or Cine, Booth and Ingram. It was a 3 for one deal in one of those forms. Is Hamilton worth either of those two packages. I don't think he is.

So in summation Kwesi didn't get the usually expected pick value from the old Jimmy Johnson trade chart, but in the end he got a very nice 3 for 1 deal. If Cine washes out and Hamilton is a stud your way of doing it may prove to be better, but we still have a shot at Booth, Ingram, or Asamoah being studs. If Cine turns out better than Hamilton which wouldn't surprise me at all it was a Herschel Walker deal in our favor.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:14 am
A lot of people really like Hamilton. I'm very scared off by his LaQuon Treadwell sundial timed speed. What works in college with that speed often doesn't translate to the NFL.

Kwesi's not doing the same crap at all. He's doing his own crap in his own crappy way. Hopefully his crappy way works great. Anyway we got your point. You think his GM skills are idiot level. He turned your choice of Hamilton into Cine, Booth and Ingram. Sure with a trade up we could have had Hamilton and Booth, but then no Ingram and no Asamoah. Your way of doing it is dependent on Hamilton being worth the combination of either Cine, Ingram and Asamoah or Cine, Booth and Ingram. It was a 3 for one deal in one of those forms. Is Hamilton worth either of those two packages. I don't think he is.

So in summation Kwesi didn't get the usually expected pick value from the old Jimmy Johnson trade chart, but in the end he got a very nice 3 for 1 deal. If Cine washes out and Hamilton is a stud your way of doing it may prove to be better, but we still have a shot at Booth, Ingram, or Asamoah being studs. If Cine turns out better than Hamilton which wouldn't surprise me at all it was a Herschel Walker deal in our favor.
What you just posted I agree with but I wouldn't have done it. Hamilton is also 6'4" which should create problems. Treadwell could get open and is still playing. He had the case of the drops. He had to go. I like Ingram very much. He should become a good player. I also think it will happen quickly. He walked in as a freshman and started. That's not easy. It's just a post draft discussion and we shared our thoughts. Time will clear the picture.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Check the drafts between 2013 and 2018 for the Vikings if you want to get a feel for how important it is to be in the 1st compared to the 2nd. Eight 1st rounders during that time frame and we still got more keepers in the 2nd round.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

CharVike wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:44 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:14 am

What you just posted I agree with but I wouldn't have done it. Hamilton is also 6'4" which should create problems. Treadwell could get open and is still playing. He had the case of the drops. He had to go. I like Ingram very much. He should become a good player. I also think it will happen quickly. He walked in as a freshman and started. That's not easy. It's just a post draft discussion and we shared our thoughts. Time will clear the picture.
Good post. Did you mean Treadwell could get open? Sure he got open once in a while, but I thought those occasions were the exception.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:29 am
CharVike wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:44 am
Good post. Did you mean Treadwell could get open? Sure he got open once in a while, but I thought those occasions were the exception.
I should have posted might instead. He could have been open every play but it wouldn't have mattered with his drop rate. Thrown to him wasn't worth the risk it because there was no biscuit. I will give the guy credit for still sticking around.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

In all fairness, it sounds like many teams had Cine higher on their board. But maybe had one or two players they liked better and drafted them instead. It came out that the Cowboys had him ranked 13th on their big board. You're just going off where mockers and analysts ranked Cine, not actual NFL teams. But again, all it took for teams to pass on Cine is if they simply had 1 player on their big board ranked higher.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

I think it's clear Hamilton doesn't fit what the Vikings seem to be building. They seemed to select a 'type' on defense, of speed, aggression, and physicality. I think they want their defense playing downhill and not overthinking things. They might be vulnerable to passes over the top, but I think they'll want to apply pressure and force opponents to execute those deep plays and then blow up everything underneath.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins