Lewis Cine

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Lewis Cine

Post by allday1991 »

Murder Cine and Harry The Hitman, gotta be the best nick names in the league. Hopefully they ball out this year.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

allday1991 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:44 am Murder Cine and Harry The Hitman, gotta be the best nick names in the league. Hopefully they ball out this year.
Is this Murdercine a fully accepted nickname for Cine now. Does he endorse it? Is it intended to mean murder scene as in after he tackles somebody it resembles a murder scene. If this nickname sticks it will probably cause him to get penalties he shouldn't get. I'm not in favor of this nickname.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:01 am
allday1991 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:44 am Murder Cine and Harry The Hitman, gotta be the best nick names in the league. Hopefully they ball out this year.
Is this Murdercine a fully accepted nickname for Cine now. Does he endorse it? Is it intended to mean murder scene as in after he tackles somebody it resembles a murder scene. If this nickname sticks it will probably cause him to get penalties he shouldn't get. I'm not in favor of this nickname.
I forget were I seen it used, and can’t say for sure if he has acknowledged it. I assume with the way nfl is now it will more less be a fan used thing. I’m assuming it’s because he’s a big hitter. Penalties come with being a big hitter in general imo, once someone is knocked unconscious it’s likely going to result in a penalty regardless of it was a clean hit or not. If the hits are clean I think the nickname is irrelevant when calling penalties but who knows how the nfl will react to it.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

allday1991 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:24 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:01 am
I forget were I seen it used, and can’t say for sure if he has acknowledged it. I assume with the way nfl is now it will more less be a fan used thing. I’m assuming it’s because he’s a big hitter. Penalties come with being a big hitter in general imo, once someone is knocked unconscious it’s likely going to result in a penalty regardless of it was a clean hit or not. If the hits are clean I think the nickname is irrelevant when calling penalties but who knows how the nfl will react to it.
In college once only did he get a targeting penalty and that was 2 seasons ago. He was ejected from a game in 2020 for a targeting penalty when he hit then-Florida tight end Kyle Pitts so hard that both he and Pitts were concussed. He gave himself and the tacklee 247 pound NFL TE both concussions. There is something so cool about that. On the other hand it is a bit disturbing. He managed to earn his reputation as a big hitter without taking penalties. I hate how tackle football is supposed to be played gently. It is so ridiculous.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Cowboys had Lewis Cine #13 on their draft board.

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Here’s a REALLY good article analyzing Cine’s play, with a great deal of film study.

https://zonecoverage.com/2022/minnesota ... s-defense/

For those who say Cine isn’t a ball hawk, you’re about to get your eyes opened (if you’ll actually take the time to read the whole thing and watch the many clips).

Here’s a quote about his ability to play the ball.
As these plays demonstrate, Cine is fantastic at locating and attacking the ball in the air. His quick trigger, elite recovery, and closing speed help him contest catches, and his size and length allow him to rip the ball out at the catch point.
And just for you cynics …
Cine has been knocked for not producing more as a playmaker, with only one interception over the last two years (which came gift-wrapped on this arm punt). But the truth is Cine doesn’t leave many plays on the field. After watching every snap Cine played last year, the only play that stood out as a potential dropped interception was the play below: [video shown on website].

And even here, it’s just impressive Cine was able to drive into the passing lane and get his hands on the high fade.
This article also talks about what a film geek this guy is, and points out how it shows up on film.

I’m liking this pick more than ever.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:14 pm Here’s a REALLY good article analyzing Cine’s play, with a great deal of film study.

https://zonecoverage.com/2022/minnesota ... s-defense/

For those who say Cine isn’t a ball hawk, you’re about to get your eyes opened (if you’ll actually take the time to read the whole thing and watch the many clips).

Here’s a quote about his ability to play the ball.
As these plays demonstrate, Cine is fantastic at locating and attacking the ball in the air. His quick trigger, elite recovery, and closing speed help him contest catches, and his size and length allow him to rip the ball out at the catch point.
And just for you cynics …
Cine has been knocked for not producing more as a playmaker, with only one interception over the last two years (which came gift-wrapped on this arm punt). But the truth is Cine doesn’t leave many plays on the field. After watching every snap Cine played last year, the only play that stood out as a potential dropped interception was the play below: [video shown on website].

And even here, it’s just impressive Cine was able to drive into the passing lane and get his hands on the high fade.
This article also talks about what a film geek this guy is, and points out how it shows up on film.

I’m liking this pick more than ever.
About the only knock on him that is true is he's a bit light for a safety at 199 pounds, but at 6'2.25" He should be able to bulk up a bit without losing speed or agility.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:30 am
allday1991 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:24 am

In college once only did he get a targeting penalty and that was 2 seasons ago. He was ejected from a game in 2020 for a targeting penalty when he hit then-Florida tight end Kyle Pitts so hard that both he and Pitts were concussed. He gave himself and the tacklee 247 pound NFL TE both concussions. There is something so cool about that. On the other hand it is a bit disturbing. He managed to earn his reputation as a big hitter without taking penalties. I hate how tackle football is supposed to be played gently. It is so ridiculous.

I’ve actually watched that play a few times, Cine rolled to his shoulder before he starts the hit and Pitts ducks right into him, even the announcers said during the replay that Cine did everything he could to make that a legal hit. I’m with you about the feeling I got, you admire the pure physical strength it takes to do that but also wonder how much permanent damage it does to these young men, it’s definitely a thought I’ve struggled with while watching football, but like you mentioned this is football and it’s supposed to have a certain level of violence to it. I’d hope that most if not all players know the repercussions of playing this beautiful but violent sport.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Richard Sherman is really enjoyable to listen to. Here he is interviewing Lewis Cine. Have to skip forward to 23:40.

Lewis asks for advice and Richard gives him incredible good advice. I'm so impressed.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Everybody please listen to the Richard Sherman Podcast with Lewis Cine. It's one of the most amazing sports related things I've ever heard. Just a smidge below the Jimmy Valvano Don't Give Up speech.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 12:05 pm Cowboys had Lewis Cine #13 on their draft board.

There are reports out there that he was going at 33 if we didn't draft him at 32. Good thing someone in the draft room had the sense to not take the Packer's offer to trade back from 32 even though the GM wanted to make that trade.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

StumpHunter wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:10 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 12:05 pm Cowboys had Lewis Cine #13 on their draft board.

There are reports out there that he was going at 33 if we didn't draft him at 32. Good thing someone in the draft room had the sense to not take the Packer's offer to trade back from 32 even though the GM wanted to make that trade.
Stump I opened this one comment from you. I thought it would be safe. In the interview with Sherman IIRC Cine mentioned he had pretty much been promised to be picked by the team that had the 27th pick and they traded out of it. That was Tampa Bay. So it seems incredibly likely that he would have been taken with pick 33 if we hadn't drafted him at 32. Kwesi aluded to that strong possibility when mentioning why he didn't accept the Packers offer for pick 32.

If you haven't listened to the Sherman interview please do. It is amazing.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Luke Keuchly is so impressed with the Vikings drafting Cine and Booth that he says the Vikings may have the best secondary in the NFL

IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:39 pm Richard Sherman is really enjoyable to listen to. Here he is interviewing Lewis Cine. Have to skip forward to 23:40.

Lewis asks for advice and Richard gives him incredible good advice. I'm so impressed.
Oh my Gosh !!! This is incredible. You do not want to walk away. I just sat and listened and kept smiling. I so badly want this kid to excel. I am very impressed with both Cine and Sherman during the entire interview.
I hate to say that we got a steal at #32, but man, this kid seems so legit.

As for the other videos, man I am impressed with just how quickly he bursts. He is not just a long speed guy, he sees and then Bammm, he is on it !!! Cine will be the perfect complement to Harrison. I think that my next jersey will be a #6 Cine jersey !!!
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

IIsweet wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:19 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:39 pm Richard Sherman is really enjoyable to listen to. Here he is interviewing Lewis Cine. Have to skip forward to 23:40.

Oh my Gosh !!! This is incredible. You do not want to walk away. I just sat and listened and kept smiling. I so badly want this kid to excel. I am very impressed with both Cine and Sherman during the entire interview.
I hate to say that we got a steal at #32, but man, this kid seems so legit.

As for the other videos, man I am impressed with just how quickly he bursts. He is not just a long speed guy, he sees and then Bammm, he is on it !!! Cine will be the perfect complement to Harrison. I think that my next jersey will be a #6 Cine jersey !!!
Glad you loved it. I hope everyone checks it out.