Vikings @ Lions post game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Vikings @ Lions post game

Post by CharVike »

Dmizzle0 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:56 pm The only thing that will cheer me up is hearing Zim getting canned.

And maybe his girlfriend leaving him.
The girlfriend isn't going anywhere too much money to lose. I don't think he will get canned at this point. There's nothing on the staff that can take his place. Neither coordinator are qualified for the positions they currently have. They need the boot also.
cogitator
Veteran

Post by cogitator »

Is there any chatter or gossip about whether or not the players like Zimmer and want to play for him? He seems to have permanent angry face. I'm just wondering if he is ever inspiring, or just a downer of a personality.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

https://twitter.com/miketice86/status/1 ... lated-ball

I hated Tice but he is right, at least he knows how to defeat Detroit which Tice is 8-0, even Childress has a better record than Zimmer against Detriot, Childress is 8-1 against Detriot, Zimmer is 10-6 against Detriot
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

ERIK the PURPLE
Franchise Player

Post by ERIK the PURPLE »

I WANT ZIM GONE!!!!!
ERIK the PURPLE
Franchise Player

Post by ERIK the PURPLE »

I WANT ZIM GONE!!!!!

I’d even welcome Tice and he was a meathead.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

ERIK the PURPLE wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:30 pm I WANT ZIM GONE!!!!!

I’d even welcome Tice and he was a meathead.
Yeah, let’s bring back Tice and choke away division titles again :roll: I am glad you are not running the Vikings
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

missed most of the 2nd half but with all the injuries on defense, I thought the offense would need to play well to win. They completely laid an egg in the 1st half.

Detroit is not a bad team. They just lack talent. I think it’s a testament to the staff to have them play hard every week.

Anyways, hopefully the Vikings clean house.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Now the Vikings are known for giving winless teams their first win like the 1-15 Panthers and Lions twice in 2004 and today
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Here’s what Amon-Ra St. Brown had to say after the game.
“I was really shocked, actually,” St. Brown told PFT by phone after the 29-27 win. “The corner . . . I think he went like four or five yards deep into the end zone. It was perfect. I was running at him, and he actually just stayed there. He didn’t even come up. In my head I was like, ‘This is the perfect situation.’ As I broke in, there was no one in front of me. It just worked out perfect for us.”
If this doesn’t get Zimmer fired, nothing will. Make it happen, Wilfs.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
4mnvikes1982
Practice Squad

Post by 4mnvikes1982 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:30 pm Here’s what Amon-Ra St. Brown had to say after the game.
“I was really shocked, actually,” St. Brown told PFT by phone after the 29-27 win. “The corner . . . I think he went like four or five yards deep into the end zone. It was perfect. I was running at him, and he actually just stayed there. He didn’t even come up. In my head I was like, ‘This is the perfect situation.’ As I broke in, there was no one in front of me. It just worked out perfect for us.”
If this doesn’t get Zimmer fired, nothing will. Make it happen, Wilfs.
I just watched the end of the game and that's exactly what I was thinking why are our players so deep in the end zone
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

TSonn wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:51 pm Seriously, in 2021 what is Mike Zimmer good at?

Offense? No.
Defense? No.
Special Teams? No.
Clock Management? No.
Getting the team prepared? No.
Getting the team fired up? No.

... is there anything?

I know there's no way to know but I feel like we're an over .500 team this year with basically any other coach in the league. With the right coach we're literally fighting for the #1 seed.
I would add in roster adjustment that he’s also horrendous at.

Having Udoh at LT today was inexcusable. The guy has never played LT in his life. He’s not a good guard to begin with let alone LT. Udoh was so worried about getting out into his kick slide that he had two very costly false starts. He also was pushed back into cousins multiple times. I’m not a Rashod Hill fan by any means but at least he has the experience. Udoh reminded me of Everson Griffen trying to time the snap of the ball. The pathetic part is, Udoh actually knows what the count is.

The flat out ignoring of Wyatt Davis even being on this roster really drives me insane. He’s the former Big 10 offensive lineman of the year and a TRUE guard. Not a makeshift tackle that they put at guard. When Udoh is playing this bad at guard, or any position for that matter, are we really worried about making it worse?! It’s no different than when Cleveland eventually went in for Samia last year (by default due to Samia being injured). We saw a drastic change at the RG spot.

On a side note, I thought Blake Lynch made a lot of big plays.

But in regards to Zimmer, I’ve been calling for his firing for idk how long now. He is so petrified of making a mistake and blowing the game and it’s continuing to backfire on him. He continues to coach like it’s 2017 and he has the best defense in the nfl. I called it at the start of the lions last drive when he continued to sit back and let Goff nickel and dime them down the field. Goff who is ANOTHER QB that Zim has played that craps his pants under pressure and we send 1 blitz (others being Garoppolo, Rush, Mayfield, etc). The rest of the time he just sat back in your standard old prevent defense, rushing 4, leaving the middle of the field wide open and playing his corners 10 yards off.

The fact that all the lions WR had to do was sit down in front of the DB shows how far back he was playing. It was the most uncontested final play of a game I’ve ever seen.

People can blame cousins all they want, he once again put this team in position to win, in the clutch. And someone else once again blows it. In this case Zimmer. I don’t care who he was missing on defense, he applied zero pressure to Goff and let him sit back there and relax. His timeout management at the end was also pathetic.

Also, Zim needs to stop with his childish game he’s playing with Dantzler. I trust Dantzler 10x more than I do Breeland. Breeland is lazy and played lazy again today.

Sitting Davis and moving Udoh all over the OL like he’s our best player is inexcusable. I don’t care if you guys say, well maybe Davis doesn’t practice well and isn’t ready. That’s what we all said about Cleveland and he was an improvement, that’s what was said for O’Neill in 2018 and he was an improvement. Jefferson isn’t the immediate starter day 1 and ends up being a drastic improvement over Bisi. Play your best damn players. Period.

Zim needs to be fired ASAP but unfortunately it won’t happen. They will let him play the season out and if we somehow make playoffs he will keep his job. I don’t see Spielman needing to be fired. He has provided talent on this team, Zim just finds ways to piss it away. He coaches scared. Literally petrified of making the wrong decision or call. And in turn he continues to make bad calls and adjustments that hurt this team. Get a guy in here that will utilize the talent Spielman has provided. Enough is enough
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:37 pm
TSonn wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:51 pm Seriously, in 2021 what is Mike Zimmer good at?

Offense? No.
Defense? No.
Special Teams? No.
Clock Management? No.

... is there anything?

I know there's no way to know but I feel like we're an over .500 team this year with basically any other coach in the league. With the right coach we're literally fighting for the #1 seed.

Having Udoh at LT today was inexcusable. The guy has never played LT in his life. He’s not a good guard to begin with let alone LT. Udoh was so worried about getting out into his kick slide that he had two very costly false starts. He also was pushed back into cousins multiple times. I’m not a Rashod Hill fan by any means but at least he has the experience. Udoh reminded me of Everson Griffen trying to time the snap of the ball. The pathetic part is, Udoh actually knows what the count is.

The flat out ignoring of Wyatt Davis even being on this roster really drives me insane. He’s the former Big 10 offensive lineman of the year and a TRUE guard. Not a makeshift tackle that they put at guard. When Udoh is playing this bad at guard, or any position for that matter, are we really worried about making it worse?! It’s no different than when Cleveland eventually went in for Samia last year (by default due to Samia being injured). We saw a drastic change at the RG spot.

But in regards to Zimmer, I’ve been calling for his firing for idk how long now. He is so petrified of making a mistake and blowing the game and it’s continuing to backfire on him. He continues to coach like it’s 2017 and he has the best defense in the nfl. I called it at the start of the lions last drive when he continued to sit back and let Goff nickel and dime them down the field. Goff who is ANOTHER QB that Zim has played that craps his pants under pressure and we send 1 blitz (others being Garoppolo, Rush, Mayfield, etc). The rest of the time he just sat back in your standard old prevent defense, rushing 4, leaving the middle of the field wide open and playing his corners 10 yards off.

The fact that all the lions WR had to do was sit down in front of the DB shows how far back he was playing. It was the most uncontested final play of a game I’ve ever seen.

People can blame cousins all they want, he once again put this team in position to win, in the clutch. And someone else once again blows it. In this case Zimmer. I don’t care who he was missing on defense, he applied zero pressure to Goff and let him sit back there and relax. His timeout management at the end was also pathetic.

Also, Zim needs to stop with his childish game he’s playing with Dantzler. I trust Dantzler 10x more than I do Breeland. Breeland is lazy and played lazy again today.

Sitting Davis and moving Udoh all over the OL like he’s our best player is inexcusable. I don’t care if you guys say, well maybe Davis doesn’t practice well and isn’t ready. That’s what we all said about Cleveland and he was an improvement, that’s what was said for O’Neill in 2018 and he was an improvement. Jefferson isn’t the immediate starter day 1 and ends up being a drastic improvement over Bisi. Play your best damn players. Period.

Zim needs to be fired ASAP but unfortunately it won’t happen. They will let him play the season out and if we somehow make playoffs he will keep his job. I don’t see Spielman needing to be fired. He has provided talent on this team, Zim just finds ways to piss it away. He coaches scared. Literally petrified of making the wrong decision or call. And in turn he continues to make bad calls and adjustments that hurt this team. Get a guy in here that will utilize the talent Spielman has provided. Enough is enough
Hill should have been the fill in at LT. That's why he's on the roster. I don't understanding the shifting either.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:37 pm

Offense? No.
Defense? No.
Special Teams? No.
Clock Management? No.

... is there anything?

Speilman needs to be fired, he has been general manager since 2012 bringing all the talent and have no Superbowl appearance or Superbowl win to show for it
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

In other news I went to sedona today and caught my first ever brown trout this morning!

Finally came out of my hole in the canyon, happy and elated, I almost cried if we're being honest lol. Drove into town, had breakfast. Wife was watching her cardinals game. I told her not to even tell me the score. After a few more trips into the canyon to search for spots we gassed up and started to head back. Game was way over at this point but I had my phone off. Turned it on to a bunch of texts telling me I was psychic. I literally told everyone I know to bet on Detroit this game. Best part is I'm not even mad. I saw it coming, came to terms and had a great time.

Now a perfect ending to this weekend before I get to my #### job at the asscrack of dawn is to wake up to news that Zimmer has been canned. Would be amazing