Vikings @ Lions post game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Vikings @ Lions post game

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Last time Vikings had to make a comeback to win so I am not very surprised Vikings lost, I hope it will be the final nail in the coffin for Zimmer and Speilman
kidfozzy.
Starter

Re: Vikings @ Lions post game

Post by kidfozzy. »

Playing Mariah Carey “All I Want for Christmas” w/ this Vikings loss. I see this as the dawning of the post-Mike Zimmer era.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

If this isn't the final shovelful of dirt on Zimmer's tenure in Minnesota, then the Wilfs are truly the most clueless billionaires on the planet.

The Vikings look like total buffoons for a half, especially on defense. They get their act together for the entire second half. Then Zimmer plays prevent-a-win defense down the stretch and hands the winless Lions a victory on the last play. He calls not one, but two timeouts when the Lions are completely discombobulated. He brings no pressure, even though Goff can't handle pressure. He plays 8 defenders in the end zone on the final play, and they STILL can't stop the Lions. He went for 2, failed, then continued to go for 2, like a gambler trying to win back his losses. Guess what Zim? Three extra points, and the game is TIED.

The man must be fired. My preference would be on the plane on the way back to Minneapolis, but I'll settle for after the season. Just get him GONE.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:25 pm If this isn't the final shovelful of dirt on Zimmer's tenure in Minnesota, then the Wilfs are truly the most clueless billionaires on the planet.

The Vikings look like total buffoons for a half, especially on defense. They get their act together for the entire second half. Then Zimmer plays prevent-a-win defense down the stretch and hands the winless Lions a victory on the last play. He calls not one, but two timeouts when the Lions are completely discombobulated. He brings no pressure, even though Goff can't handle pressure. He plays 8 defenders in the end zone on the final play, and they STILL can't stop the Lions. He went for 2, failed, then continued to go for 2, like a gambler trying to win back his losses. Guess what Zim? Three extra points, and the game is TIED.

The man must be fired. My preference would be on the plane on the way back to Minneapolis, but I'll settle for after the season. Just get him GONE.
Speilman needs to be gone too
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

LOLOLOLOLOL

But this defense is good right?

Zimmer needs to be KO'd tomorrow. I already started rooting for the Chiefs with my head (my heart can never turn off the Vikings) back in 2018 but I'm not sure I can ever come back if Zimmer is still the coach after this season.
Last edited by TSonn on Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Honestly glad they lost if it is what it takes for Ziggy to pull his head out of his :spank: Sad that things have to get this bad for changes to be made.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
nyvike1960
Waterboy

Post by nyvike1960 »

Please let this be the final nail in the coffin of Zimmer/Speilman era . Just terrible
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:30 pm Honestly glad they lost if it is what it takes for Ziggy to pull his head out of his :spank: Sad that things have to get this bad for changes to be made.
Does that usually happens every time a coach gets fired?
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

ZIM NEEDS TO BE ZAMMED!
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:33 pm
Maelstrom88 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:30 pm Honestly glad they lost if it is what it takes for Ziggy to pull his head out of his :spank: Sad that things have to get this bad for changes to be made.
Does that usually happens every time a coach gets fired?
Not Tony Dungy or Jon Gruden.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Funny how the offense put up 420 yards of offense and scored 27 points with a haphazard offensive line and no Cook and Thielen and the defense allows 6 points under 2 minutes at the end of the first half and then lets Goff dink and dunk 75 yards with no timeouts to a game winning TD.

The fact that we are SO BAD on defense at the end of the half and end of games tells us very clearly it's a coaching issue. When a team is terrible in the same situation over and over again it's all on the coaching.

Should've let Zimmer go in 2018 but they can make up for that mistake by sending a message and firing him tomorrow. If he finishes out the season we potentially lose the interest of our young talent.
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

Ok, I've had time to reflect a bit.

1st... Sorry for dumping on Kirk. 99.9 percent of the loss wasn't on him.

Most of the blame goes on our unprevent defense, play calling and coaching.

2nd. I was busy, and distracted most of the game so even though the game was on, I didn't see much other than the d falling appart, and Kirk making a few bad throws. Just assumed Kirk was being bad Kirk again. Again, sorry..

3rd. Disagree with me all you want, but calling names... Not cool!

I'm so tired of the futility at this team, I'm ready to get rid of everyone, and go into complete rebuild.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Seriously, in 2021 what is Mike Zimmer good at?

Offense? No.
Defense? No.
Special Teams? No.
Clock Management? No.
Getting the team prepared? No.
Getting the team fired up? No.

... is there anything?

I know there's no way to know but I feel like we're an over .500 team this year with basically any other coach in the league. With the right coach we're literally fighting for the #1 seed.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

TSonn wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:51 pm Seriously, in 2021 what is Mike Zimmer good at?

Offense? No.
Defense? No.
Special Teams? No.
Clock Management? No.
Getting the team prepared? No.
Getting the team fired up? No.

... is there anything?
Pretty much nothing, now I see why teams has passed on Zimmer
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

The only thing that will cheer me up is hearing Zim getting canned.

And maybe his girlfriend leaving him.