Lions @ Vikings post game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Raz
Veteran

Re: Lions @ Vikings post game

Post by Raz »

Looked like zimmer was piss off to me on the longer clip on Twitter.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:05 pm
Texas Vike wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:50 pm https://www.reddit.com/r/minnesotavikin ... k_him_and/

Anyone see this at the end of the game? Zimmer looks genuinely mad. Kirk claims he was just celebrating, but Zimm's reaction (and another coach holding him back) makes you wonder.
I hope Cousins yelled, “I just saved your job!”
Cousins yelled "YOU LIKE THAT?!"
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Raz wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:23 pm Looked like zimmer was piss off to me on the longer clip on Twitter.
From this angle it looks more like a manly celebration.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:48 pm
Raz wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:23 pm Looked like zimmer was piss off to me on the longer clip on Twitter.
From this angle it looks more like a manly celebration.
The angle I posted shows Zimmer better, I think Zim's PO'd at Kirk celebrating so roughly/ intensely with him. I do think Kirk was just celebrating, likely, but he's a weird dude with major repression issues, IMO, so this might be a release of major frustrations he has with his coach. I wouldn't blame him after today's pathetic display.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

https://twitter.com/Viking_Sincero/stat ... gr%5Etweet

Seems like there is some bad blood, please fire Zimmer!
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

allday1991 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:57 pm https://twitter.com/Viking_Sincero/stat ... gr%5Etweet

If this is true, and I am not sure I trust your source, that means Cousins assaulted his HC on the sidelines unprovoked after a game.

This doesn't sound at all like Kirk though.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

allday1991 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:57 pm https://twitter.com/Viking_Sincero/stat ... gr%5Etweet

If that is true then Zimmer has lost the locker room which means it is time to fire Zimmer
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

Always take the locker room stories with a grain of salt. Even if true many are heat of moment.

If that ones is true, after a win though, makes you wonder how bad the relationship has gotten.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

That Cousins/Zimmer clip might be my favorite highlight since 2018. Maybe only the Thielen catch in OT @ Saints is better.

Anyway... it's almost as if Zimmer thinks to himself "what game plan can I come up with that would make our opponents the happiest?" Everyone knows that Detroit has a crappy secondary and we have a solid QB/WR/WR trio - yet Zimmer chooses to pound the rock and do short passes with Mattison all day.

I'm sure when the Detroit coaching staff saw our game plan for the day they were pretty psyched and knew they had a chance.
40for60
Starter

Post by 40for60 »

Very strange post game stuff between the Cousins/Zim interchange and the Breeland tweet. Do things like this happen to other teams with the frequency of the Vikings?
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

TSonn wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:53 pm That Cousins/Zimmer clip might be my favorite highlight since 2018. Maybe only the Thielen catch in OT @ Saints is better.

Anyway... it's almost as if Zimmer thinks to himself "what game plan can I come up with that would make our opponents the happiest?" Everyone knows that Detroit has a crappy secondary and we have a solid QB/WR/WR trio - yet Zimmer chooses to pound the rock and do short passes with Mattison all day.
This was the furthest in average depth of target of the season and Cousins threw 32 times, more than Mattison ran it.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

The Vikings run the ball four times on 2nd and more than 10 yards to go.

Vikings get the ball with 45 seconds to go in the first half and two timeouts. They run it two consecutive times.

Justin Jefferson has five catches for 104 yards at halftime, and is targeted twice the entire second half.

Adam Thielen’s first catch of the day comes with 27 seconds left in the game.

Meanwhile, Alexander Mattison ends up with 30 touches.

And for the fourth consecutive game, the Vikings fail to score an offensive touchdown in the second half.

Somebody explain to me how this is not “playing not to lose.”
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
4mnvikings82
Practice Squad

Post by 4mnvikings82 »

40for60 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:41 pm Very strange post game stuff between the Cousins/Zim interchange and the Breeland tweet. Do things like this happen to other teams with the frequency of the Vikings?
What did Breeland tweet?
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

Wow has this board changed.i gave Zimmer his chance, end of last season I had enough. But they kept him on. Now after a win. The mood has changed to fire him.

I am not disagreeing with the mood. Just at the change.

I think there are problems inside the locker room
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Foreman44 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:56 am Wow has this board changed.i gave Zimmer his chance, end of last season I had enough. But they kept him on. Now after a win. The mood has changed to fire him.

I am not disagreeing with the mood. Just at the change.

I think there are problems inside the locker room
People are finally realizing the offense is a problem and not playing good enough to even make the playoffs, let alone win the SB.

Since they look towards next year and realize there isn't a whole lot the Vikings can change from a personnel standpoint, they blame the coaching rather than face the fact the talent just isn't good enough.