Are we screwed with Cousins.

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: Are we screwed with Cousins.

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:56 pm
PurpleKoolaid wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:39 pm

Are people not allowed to make a comment about a player they dont think is playing good? I agree with Stump for the most part. But you have to harass him. Maybe even make fun of him. :gone:
Harass? That's weak, man. Are you saying that because a Mod came to your rescue in the game chat?

There is point here, and that is that I believe Cousins played an efficient game. Not spectacular, but efficient. He wasn't called on to do a ton in the passing game, but he ended up with 10 YPA, 2 TDs and a 24-point win. The interception -- we'll argue until the cows come home as to whether that was his fault. I say it was the play call and the Dolphins reading something they saw on film. You say it was Cousins. You can't just say you're right because of the result, and I can't claim to be right just because that's what I think. These are opinions.

Tell you what. Next time I make my first post on a 104-post thread, I'll try harder not to hurt the sensitive feelings of all the Cousins haters.
You are something else. What does a mod coming to my aid mean? I guess he didnt come to yours? A friend of yours?

Whats the 'keep trying' Comment mean? You are supporting him and value his opinion? Or the 'maybe if you complain enough'? Or were you just trying to mock him? Because he doesnt believe Cousins is an untouchable god here? And i completely agree. The less Cousins is asked to do, the better the Vikings chances to win are. And you love that phrase 'Cousins haters'. My friends used to use the term haters too when we were 12ish. Just my opinion though.
Last edited by PurpleKoolaid on Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:45 pm Why can't people be critical of Cousins? He looked about as good as he has all year, and that really isn't saying much. They scored 41 points but call a spade a spade... Cousins was good, not great.
I don't understand why Cousins is so untouchable, yet no one is allowed to say anything good about Keenum.
You are right. And yet Kapp was one of Keenums biggest fans last year. Certain people have tried to make Keenum look like a bum, because hes on another team this year. I have no doubt in my mind that Case would have a better record this year were he QB.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Cousins made a lot of plays with play action today, which is something he's very good at. He still needs to tidy up ball security, not just on the pick six but also he took a rather weak sack where he fumbled but was lucky his knee was down first.

If we can balance the offense out like today he'll be fine but he can't elevate an offense on his own. Which is fine, but the front office needs to be cognizant of that and build a proper line around him.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:12 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:56 pm
Harass? That's weak, man. Are you saying that because a Mod came to your rescue in the game chat?

There is point here, and that is that I believe Cousins played an efficient game. Not spectacular, but efficient. He wasn't called on to do a ton in the passing game, but he ended up with 10 YPA, 2 TDs and a 24-point win. The interception -- we'll argue until the cows come home as to whether that was his fault. I say it was the play call and the Dolphins reading something they saw on film. You say it was Cousins. You can't just say you're right because of the result, and I can't claim to be right just because that's what I think. These are opinions.

Tell you what. Next time I make my first post on a 104-post thread, I'll try harder not to hurt the sensitive feelings of all the Cousins haters.
You are something else. What does a mod coming to my aid mean? I guess he didnt come to yours? A friend of yours?

Whats the 'keep trying' mean? You are supporting him and value his opinion? Or the 'maybe if you complain enough'? Or were you just trying to mock him? Because he doesnt believe Cousins is an untouchable god here? And i completely agree. The less Cousins is asked to do, the better the Vikings chances to win are. And you love that phrase 'Cousins haters'. My friends used to use the term haters too when we were 12ish. Just my opinion though.
Allow me to explain.

"Keep trying" means "maybe if you complain enough, Cousins will just quit." Yeah, it's derogatory. Are you telling me you and your buddies who can't stand Cousins haven't been?

As for the Mod comment ...

You parachute into the chat at the exact moment that Cousins throws a pick, and you IMMEDIATELY and REPEATEDLY start blasting not only Cousins, but also everyone who disagrees with you. YOU started the war, man. YOU. Then the moderator jumps in, observes the carnage, and correctly tells people to stop. Fine. But then he goes a step further and calls out ONLY THOSE PEOPLE who disagreed with you. Maybe that was a simple coincidence, but I thought it was unfair, and I said so. There was nothing disrespectful about it. I simply said that wasn't right. And your response? To suck up to the Mod for stating how dumb I am for calling out a Mod. Whatever. Do you think the fear of being banned makes me lose sleep? I've been on this board for 12 years.

You make it sound like everybody who has a little balance and perspective is a sycophant for Kirk. The truth is, everybody on this board, including me, criticized Cousins harshly last week when he played poorly. JDF lost the job on his own, but Cousins put the last nail in his coffin, and many of us said so. Those of us who don't hate Cousins believe his 18 turnovers have hurt this team. But we also give credit where it's due when he plays well. Conversely, a select few, including you, simply refuse. You don't like Cousins, and every time somebody says something positive, you respond. Then you say WE'RE harassing YOU. It's insufferable.

Good god, I don't even know why I logged on to this stupid thread. More than 100 posts about whether we're screwed with the quarterback who's going to be under center through 2020.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Kapp, perhaps he is pissed that EVERYTIME he makes a negative post (and he isn't the only one making them) he gets blasted by someone rather than ignored. It is so frustrating to make a comment and then have someone analyze it to death EVERY #### TIME. It's a big reason that many people don't post.
Why does everyone have to be flowers and butterflies all the time? Like I said, why can't we be critical of Cousins?
And for the record he didn't start the war. Someone else did because he just can't let people be critical of his player.
It's baffling to me why this board has gone from having conversations to nitpicking every less than 100% positive post. I could say that the numbers look crooked on a players uniform and I would have all kinds of stats thrown at me about why I'm wrong, and then called out. It's annoying. And again, I am not the only one who feels like this. Why do you think the posts are so far down this season.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:39 pm
PurpleKoolaid wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:12 pm

Whats the 'keep trying' mean? You are supporting him and value his opinion? Or the 'maybe if you complain enough'? Or were you just trying to mock him? Because he doesnt believe Cousins is an untouchable god here? And i completely agree. The less Cousins is asked to do, the better the Vikings chances to win are. And you love that phrase 'Cousins haters'. My friends used to use the term haters too when we were 12ish. Just my opinion though.
Allow me to explain.

"Keep trying" means "maybe if you complain enough, Cousins will just quit." Yeah, it's derogatory. Are you telling me you and your buddies who can't stand Cousins haven't been?

As for the Mod comment ...

You parachute into the chat at the exact moment that Cousins throws a pick, and you IMMEDIATELY and REPEATEDLY start blasting not only Cousins, but also everyone who disagrees with you. YOU started the war, man. YOU. Then the moderator jumps in, observes the carnage, and correctly tells people to stop. Fine. But then he goes a step further and calls out ONLY THOSE PEOPLE who disagreed with you. Maybe that was a simple coincidence, but I thought it was unfair, and I said so. There was nothing disrespectful about it. I simply said that wasn't right. And your response? To suck up to the Mod for stating how dumb I am for calling out a Mod. Whatever. Do you think the fear of being banned makes me lose sleep? I've been on this board for 12 years.

You make it sound like everybody who has a little balance and perspective is a sycophant for Kirk. The truth is, everybody on this board, including me, criticized Cousins harshly last week when he played poorly. JDF lost the job on his own, but Cousins put the last nail in his coffin, and many of us said so. Those of us who don't hate Cousins believe his 18 turnovers have hurt this team. But we also give credit where it's due when he plays well. Conversely, a select few, including you, simply refuse. You don't like Cousins, and every time somebody says something positive, you respond. Then you say WE'RE harassing YOU. It's insufferable.

Good god, I don't even know why I logged on to this stupid thread. More than 100 posts about whether we're screwed with the quarterback who's going to be under center through 2020.
Well said Kapp. Have I taken things too far at times? 100%. Take full responsibility but the reasons you mention are exactly why I pulled myself from the chat for a couple weeks. I was dumb enough to put myself back in this week and it was a di** measuring contest the whole game for the most part. All over cousins. For making 1 mistake in an overall solid game. It’s exactly why I stopped the chat. It makes the chat unenjoyable. If cousins threw a pick like he did vs Detroit and stared a WR down. Me, you, and many others would say, poor throw by cousins. Simple as that. But this chat consists of the sarcastic comments non-stop no matter who’s fault it was and it’s always directed towards cousins. This board was even less harsh on Ponder. WRs can stop their routes or not block to cause INTs, or OL could let the entire opposing DL through for a sack and dog cousins for his mobility. Like holy crap it gets old. The guy isn’t perfect. He can’t make a play EVERY time or run away from pressure EVERY time. No less they continue to repeat those comments ALL thread. It’s gotten me to the point where I don’t want to join the chat again. I love talking about the game with guys like you, TSonn and others. But PMR and PK are over the top every chat. Especially when the first thing goes wrong. Cousins this and cousins that. Give it a rest. Nobody is saying he’s god but you guys are silent when he’s playing well. More so PK. Then he throws a pick and boom, lets rip cousins. Stump hunter is the same way in the threads. I know I can be a pain at times but you three don’t stop. You think I make the board unenjoyable with my insight? Whew, you guys make that chat a whole new world of annoying. And it came out today. We win 41-17, play our best game of the season as a team and the chat is a Cousins rip fest. It’s ridiculous
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

StumpHunter wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:21 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:00 pm

Lol no need to give excuses when he played the way he did today. Announcers even said he really only had one mistake today. You can stop anytime now
Yea, he was great today. :lol:

He made one play today that almost single handily gave the game to Miami, and if the run game and defense weren't going we lose. Guaranteed. One really bad play, one good pass to a wide open Robinson. Then a whole lot of being carried when he wasn't getting sacked by some of the weakest tackles I have ever seen. Sorry, I watch Bradford play so that isn't fair.

Not good enough, not by a long shot. Certainly not anything by the QB that makes me think this team has any shot at winning a game in the playoffs. The D might win them one, and if they keep running Cook they might have a shot, but Cousins wasn't even a good game manager today.
Lol wasn’t even a good game manager? Sorry but that is just an absolute joke of a comment. You’re talking about a “play that almost single handedly gave the game to Miami” but you defend Case Keenum when he did the same damn thing in the playoffs. And had to win the game on a miracle. Was case not a good game manager on that day then? Must be not according to your standards.

But classic you, Cousins wasn’t a good game manager, played a weak defense, was carried by his defense, was carried by Cook. GOD FORBID we give Kirk cousins any credit right? EXCUSES you make as to why we won the game with 41 points no less. Saying he wasn’t a good “game manager”? So you’re pretty much saying he played downright bad. That comment alone shows that you’re a downright cousins hater through and through.
Last edited by Pondering Her Percy on Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleMustReign wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:45 pm Why can't people be critical of Cousins? He looked about as good as he has all year, and that really isn't saying much. They scored 41 points but call a spade a spade... Cousins was good, not great.
I don't understand why Cousins is so untouchable, yet no one is allowed to say anything good about Keenum.
People can be critical but do it like an adult. Not a child. That’s part of the problem. The sarcasm and constant complaining you guys do all thread or all chat. No less matt wile could get a punt blocked and it would end up being cousins fault somehow. Or the one big mistake he made today, gets pushed and pushed and pushed all thread. You don’t let up. Criticize like an adult. And drop it. But right now it’s childish and ALL game
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleMustReign wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:05 pm It's a big reason that many people don't post.
So you’re speaking for the whole board? Do you honestly think that how you and PK act in the chat is a reason guys don’t post or don’t join the chat? When you jump all over cousins for scratching his head the wrong way, someone questions it and you CONTINUE all game to bring it up. “Cousins pick 6 this....cousins pick 6 that....thanks Kirk”. 45 plays later, “cousins pick 6 this....cousins pick 6 that....”

Then follow it up with the CHILDISH “bad throw by cousins but don’t say anything bad about him you might get yelled at”. Not just once either, like 10 times throughout the thread. Is it just me or is that annoying, childish and makes the chat 0 fun?!!!
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:54 pm
PurpleMustReign wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:05 pm It's a big reason that many people don't post.
So you’re speaking for the whole board? Do you honestly think that how you and PK act in the chat is a reason guys don’t post or don’t join the chat? When you jump all over cousins for scratching his head the wrong way, someone questions it and you CONTINUE all game to bring it up. “Cousins pick 6 this....cousins pick 6 that....thanks Kirk”. 45 plays later, “cousins pick 6 this....cousins pick 6 that....”

Then follow it up with the CHILDISH “bad throw by cousins but don’t say anything bad about him you might get yelled at”. Not just once either, like 10 times throughout the thread. Is it just me or is that annoying, childish and makes the chat 0 fun?!!!
I speak for those I've had conversations with. They don't like the constant attacking whenever they say something bad about the team.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:38 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:21 pm

Yea, he was great today. :lol:

He made one play today that almost single handily gave the game to Miami, and if the run game and defense weren't going we lose. Guaranteed. One really bad play, one good pass to a wide open Robinson. Then a whole lot of being carried when he wasn't getting sacked by some of the weakest tackles I have ever seen. Sorry, I watch Bradford play so that isn't fair.

Not good enough, not by a long shot. Certainly not anything by the QB that makes me think this team has any shot at winning a game in the playoffs. The D might win them one, and if they keep running Cook they might have a shot, but Cousins wasn't even a good game manager today.
Lol wasn’t even a good game manager? Sorry but that is just an absolute joke of a comment. You’re talking about a “play that almost single handedly gave the game to Miami” but you defend Case Keenum when he did the same damn thing in the playoffs. And had to win the game on a miracle. Was case not a good game manager on that day then? Must be not according to your standards.

But classic you, Cousins wasn’t a good game manager, played a weak defense, was carried by his defense, was carried by Cook. GOD FORBID we give Kirk cousins any credit right? EXCUSES you make as to why we won the game with 41 points no less. Saying he wasn’t a good “game manager”? So you’re pretty much saying he played downright bad. That comment alone shows that you’re a downright cousins hater through and through.
Your ability to ignore all the bad with Cousins is dumbfounding. What credit am I supposed to give him for this game? Outside of the one pass to Robinson, which was a good read and throw to a wide open receiver, what did he do that made you think he is even an above average QB?

He has essentially been relegated to game manager status, just throw enough passes to get a 1st down here and there, and he still manages to throw a pick six. After throwing that pick six, instead of sucking it up and putting it behind him, the offense goes 3 and out 4 times in a row. They do that against a good team or the defense isn't playing out of its mind, we lose this game. You disagree? Is that acceptable to you? How can it possibly be?
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

It was the biggest play of the game dude. Without that pick 6, Miami has 0 hope of winning the game. Instead they are within a score going into the 4th. It was a play that on its own doesn't prove anything, but when you look at the entirety of the season, it is another nail in the Cousins was a bad signing coffin.

Why wouldn't he rip on that play?
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

StumpHunter wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:09 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:38 pm

Your ability to ignore all the bad with Cousins is dumbfounding. What credit am I supposed to give him for this game? Outside of the one pass to Robinson, which was a good read and throw to a wide open receiver, what did he do that made you think he is even an above average QB?

He has essentially been relegated to game manager status, just throw enough passes to get a 1st down here and there, and he still manages to throw a pick six. After throwing that pick six, instead of sucking it up and putting it behind him, the offense goes 3 and out 4 times in a row. They do that against a good team or the defense isn't playing out of its mind, we lose this game. You disagree? Is that acceptable to you? How can it possibly be?
Dude I’m done talking with you about it. I shouldn’t need to sit here and defend him being even better than a “game manager” today. Im so beyond sick of going back and forth with you. I’m done
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

StumpHunter wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:15 pm

It was the biggest play of the game dude. Without that pick 6, Miami has 0 hope of winning the game. Instead they are within a score going into the 4th. It was a play that on its own doesn't prove anything, but when you look at the entirety of the season, it is another nail in the Cousins was a bad signing coffin.

Were you even in the chat today? Not that I know of so don’t bother. You didn’t witness how childish the chat was today. In a game we won 41-17. It was a joke and so is this entire conversation and argument. Let’s go back to cheering our team on instead of waiting for cousins to make 1 mistake so we can rip on him the entire game. You bicker for him hitting a “wide open WR” but if he didn’t see Robinson and didn’t make the throw and you saw it, you’d still complain. It’s sad that now he even gets criticized for doing what he’s suppose to do....hitting WRs for TDs. Enough dude
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:21 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:15 pm

Were you even in the chat today? Not that I know of so don’t bother. You didn’t witness how childish the chat was today. In a game we won 41-17. It was a joke and so is this entire conversation and argument. Let’s go back to cheering our team on instead of waiting for cousins to make 1 mistake so we can rip on him the entire game. You bicker for him hitting a “wide open WR” but if he didn’t see Robinson and didn’t make the throw and you saw it, you’d still complain. It’s sad that now he even gets criticized for doing what he’s suppose to do....hitting WRs for TDs. Enough dude
It wasn't just one mistake though. If he had thrown that pick, and then followed it up with a TD drive on the drive after, or the one after that or the one after that...it just felt like the Pats, Bears and Seattle all over again, with the difference being those are actually good teams.

Where did I criticize him for hitting WRs for TDs? That was a good throw, a good throw that does not magically wipe out the bad.