Options at QB

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

How would you attempt replace Bridgewater?

Sign Michael Vick
15%
Sign Nick Foles
3%
Sign Mark Sanchez
20%
Stick with Hill/Stave
33%
Trade for a player (Please specify)
30%

Total votes: 40

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Options at QB

Post by Mothman »

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
Regarding QB Aaron Murray, Cowboys have waiver priority over Vikings.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Mothman wrote: Bring him in and work him out!
Yes yes yes!
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

Yeah bring Murray in, cut that idiot who was trying to burgler a house, cut Sorenson, sign one more guy too. Take a look at as many as possible this season. Than have an idea going into next offseason.

Edit: I got a text from someone in Alabama, they sent me a copy of a text, from AJ McCarrons dad, who said the Vikings offered a first for his son. This person works with his dad.
This space available for rent.
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

My son says that a source on Reddit said we will offer a 4th round pick for EJ Manuel, I hope that is false.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Whoa,

Last two posts are pretty interesting if true. Both deals seem rich to me; especially a first rounder for McCarron.
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

Texas Vike wrote:Whoa,

Last two posts are pretty interesting if true. Both deals seem rich to me; especially a first rounder for McCarron.
Yeah a first is rich for a guy, who is smart and a good leader. But that could also describe Ponder.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

PurpleHalo wrote: Yeah a first is rich for a guy, who is smart and a good leader. But that could also describe Ponder.
I'd go like a 4th and Patterson or Wright. A 1st seems steep, but then again, we don't know if Teddy will ever be able to play again or how effective he will be.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Enquirer Sports ‏@ENQSports 22h22 hours ago
#Bengals' Tobin on McCarron: "We're not gonna cut our team short & put ourselves at risk to help another team out. AJ very important to us"
"Tobin" is Duke Tobin, Director of Player Personnel for the Bengals.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

#Vikings QB Taylor Heinicke ahead in rehab schedule & might be able to practice in 2 weeks leading some to believe might be on 53-man roster
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

Mothman wrote: "Tobin" is Duke Tobin, Director of Player Personnel for the Bengals.
Of course they would take that stance. They would be one hit away, from our current predicament.
germannorseman
Backup

Post by germannorseman »

One thing we don't want is a washed up has been. We've played with enough of those through the years. Lets face,it this year is not the year and so we need to look,at the QB situation and work for the future.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleHalo wrote: Of course they would take that stance. They would be one hit away, from our current predicament.

Exactly.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

PurpleHalo wrote:Yeah bring Murray in, cut that idiot who was trying to burgler a house, cut Sorenson, sign one more guy too. Take a look at as many as possible this season. Than have an idea going into next offseason.

Edit: I got a text from someone in Alabama, they sent me a copy of a text, from AJ McCarrons dad, who said the Vikings offered a first for his son. This person works with his dad.
I don't think you can burglarize your own home. And maybe they were asking for a 1st for McCarron but there's no way the Vikings would pay that much. I will be livid if they do.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

germannorseman wrote:One thing we don't want is a washed up has been. We've played with enough of those through the years. Lets face,it this year is not the year and so we need to look,at the QB situation and work for the future.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Take your pick: washed up has-been or terrible never-was.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly