Options at QB

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

How would you attempt replace Bridgewater?

Sign Michael Vick
15%
Sign Nick Foles
3%
Sign Mark Sanchez
20%
Stick with Hill/Stave
33%
Trade for a player (Please specify)
30%

Total votes: 40

Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Options at QB

Post by Jordysghost »

What, in your opinion is the best course of action for replacing Bridgewater and keeping the season on track?

I think Vick would be a great signing and immediately give you a QB who is able to not only match Bridgewater, but outproduce him out right, Vick and AD would be a tricky, tricky combination.

Whatever you do, I think it best that your brass be quick and decisive in their decision, especially if they intend on bringing in outside help at the position.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Zombies0101
Waterboy

Re: Options at QB

Post by Zombies0101 »

Jordysghost wrote:What, in your opinion is the best course of action for replacing Bridgewater and keeping the season on track?

I think Vick would be a great signing and immediately give you a QB who is able to not only match Bridgewater, but outproduce him out right, Vick and AD would be a tricky, tricky combination.

Whatever you do, I think it best that your brass be quick and decisive in their decision, especially if they intend on bringing in outside help at the position.
Trade for AJ MaCarron from the Bengals. He wasn't that bad thrown into the fire when Dalton went down and he has a triple digit passer rating this preseason again. Then there is the Lewis-Zimmer connection so that could make negotiations easier, but I doubt the Bengals would let him go.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Zombies0101 wrote: Trade for AJ MaCarron from the Bengals. He wasn't that bad thrown into the fire when Dalton went down and he has a triple digit passer rating this preseason again. Then there is the Lewis-Zimmer connection so that could make negotiations easier, but I doubt the Bengals would let him go.
I doubt they would let him go as well, but if they did, what of Bridgewater's future? A trade would be an awful lot for a 1 year rental, unless you intend on letting McCarron have an opportunity at holding the job for the long term should he play well.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I don't know that trading for a young QB is the best idea. I would like to have McCarron though, but I don't understand why people think he is available. I would rather have Sanchez or even Vick.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
beerfan
Backup

Post by beerfan »

There's no one out there that isn't on the same level as Hill. I say roll with him as the starter because he knows the offense, but bring in a younger guy to back him up. If Hill goes out and we have to play Stave we have no chance. I'm a Badger so I know how terrible he is. If Heiniecke is back soon he might be ok, otherwise I'd target someone like Geno, Manuel, or Mettenberger to be the backup.

Don't see why the Bengals would have any motivation to move Mccarron...
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

beerfan wrote:There's no one out there that isn't on the same level as Hill. I say roll with him as the starter because he knows the offense, but bring in a younger guy to back him up. If Hill goes out and we have to play Stave we have no chance. I'm a Badger so I know how terrible he is. If Heiniecke is back soon he might be ok, otherwise I'd target someone like Geno, Manuel, or Mettenberger to be the backup.

Don't see why the Bengals would have any motivation to move Mccarron...
Imo, Vick, Foles, and Sanchez are all better then Hill, I think Vick and Foles could both match Bridgewaters production outright. (Heck, Sanchez maybe would be able to as well)
Last edited by Jordysghost on Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zombies0101
Waterboy

Post by Zombies0101 »

Jordysghost wrote: I doubt they would let him go as well, but if they did, what of Bridgewater's future? A trade would be an awful lot for a 1 year rental, unless you intend on letting McCarron have an opportunity at holding the job for the long term should he play well.
I agree but you have so many pieces in place that you are set for a Super Bowl run but without a good QB its a lost year, and how can we be sure now that Terry fully recovers? I think you can't bet on that and you could always trade one of them next year if you would need. There is always a market for a good and experienced QB.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I don't know that trading for a young QB is the best idea. I would like to have McCarron though, but I don't understand why people think he is available. I would rather have Sanchez or even Vick.
McCarron would have a high cost for a 1 year rental as I said, unless you want him to compete for a longterm starting role I don't think trading for him would be prudent.
beerfan
Backup

Post by beerfan »

Jordysghost wrote: Imo, Vick, Foles, and Sanchez are all better then Hill, I think Vick and Foles could both match Bridgewaters production outright. (Heck, Sanchez maybe would be able to as well)
I disagree with you on that. Foles is the only one I would see as a clear upgrade and the Chiefs just signed him. It's unlikely they deal him this soon. Not impossible I guess if they want to help him get a chance to start.

Vick wasnt very good with Pitt last year. I think he is done and Sanchez couldn't even take control of a job in Denver that was basically handed to him. There is a reason no one wants him.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

Glennon could be an option for probably a 4th. Murray might be a bit difficult. Those two might also be options, and I expect Buffalo will cut one of their young arms soon. But I think Glennon could fill the role. Might not be the clear cut best option but unless the staff has complete faith in stave and possibly heinecke they need to move quickly. Hill won't last the whole year. He looks broken
petev_sj
Veteran

Post by petev_sj »

I voted for Hill. A young team needs veteran leadership to steer the ship when it's hit by news like this. Hill knows Turner's system and terminology. I think he is the best bet for this team right now.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Our starting QB and fan favorite suffers a brutal knee injury less than 12 hours ago, and you guys are participating in a poll started by a Packer fan about who should replace him???

Pathetic.

Jordy is a wolf in sheep's clothing; I caught onto that a long time ago.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

beerfan wrote: I disagree with you on that. Foles is the only one I would see as a clear upgrade and the Chiefs just signed him. It's unlikely they deal him this soon. Not impossible I guess if they want to help him get a chance to start.

Vick wasnt very good with Pitt last year. I think he is done and Sanchez couldn't even take control of a job in Denver that was basically handed to him. There is a reason no one wants him.
I disagree that Vick is done, there are alot of factors that went into his year on the Steelers (Which wasn't terrible mind you,) but in Bridgewaters situation with AD I think he could out produce him without to much of an issue.

Sanchez would be the sketchy proposition but I could still see him getting close to Bridgewaters last year numbers production wise, probably wouldn't match what Bridgewater was set to do this year though, but I think the other two could.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

VikingPaul73 wrote:Our starting QB and fan favorite suffers a brutal knee injury less than 12 hours ago, and you guys are participating in a poll started by a Packer fan about who should replace him???

Pathetic.

Jordy is a wolf in sheep's clothing; I caught onto that a long time ago.
It is a prudent question that noone made a thread on yet, I feel you can weather the storm fairly well given the correct moves though.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Well Foles is already signed so that would be a trade if anything
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri