Options at QB

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

How would you attempt replace Bridgewater?

Sign Michael Vick
15%
Sign Nick Foles
3%
Sign Mark Sanchez
20%
Stick with Hill/Stave
33%
Trade for a player (Please specify)
30%

Total votes: 40

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Options at QB

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote: JOHNNY FOOTBALL!
Yikes!

He does fit the description...

Maybe by the end of the season the depth chart at QB will be:

Christian Ponder
Johnny Football
Mcleod Bethel-Thompson
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Mothman wrote: Yikes!

Christian Ponder
Johnny Football
Mcleod Bethel-Thompson
Well... that would still be better than when we were rolling with TJack, Kelly Holcomb, and Brooks freaking Bollinger.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Mothman wrote: Yikes!

Christian Ponder
Johnny Football
Mcleod Bethel-Thompson
Let's hope not. I do not want to step in the Manziel quagmire, regardless of the fact that I liked him coming out of A & M.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

TSonn wrote:Well... that would still be better than when we were rolling with TJack, Kelly Holcomb, and Brooks freaking Bollinger.
:lol: Yes, that was truly painful.
Arjuna
Franchise Player

Post by Arjuna »

I don't think trading a mid round pick for a quality backup would be a bad idea. I wonder if Sam Bradford could be gotten. I love Teddy but his production from last year isn't irreplaceable. We were just expecting him to take that next step, that's what hurts. If I'm the Vikings I am going to operate like he might not come back the same after the injury and I'd rather be very happily surprised if he does. Either way we have to invest in depth. No one is going to come in and take over but Hill could start for a few weeks and then a guy like Bradford could take over. I don't know maybe that is just wishful thinking.

I bought tickets to the Vikings game against the Pack on sunday night in Sept. Going to be my first ever NFL game I'm flying in from Florida and going with my uncle who will be in the city on business. I am still excited but what a damper seeing that news was.

Or just call Brett! :rofl:
"Oh you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar."
MWNANCe
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Kaepernick

Post by MWNANCe »

I am not sure if this has been discussed...

If Kapernick is released..
Would the Vikings be able to pick him up...Would his current salary be part of the CAP?

Would we even want him..
I believe..
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Re: Kaepernick

Post by halfgiz »

I wouldn't want the guy. He was due 12million this year. I don't know how much of that 49ers would eat.
I cringe just seeing his name brought up.
MWNANCe
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by MWNANCe »

Yes, I am conflicted.. I would see him as close to Teddy as we can get but his off the field issues make me cringe also.
I believe..
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Arjuna wrote:I don't think trading a mid round pick for a quality backup would be a bad idea. I wonder if Sam Bradford could be gotten. I love Teddy but his production from last year isn't irreplaceable. We were just expecting him to take that next step, that's what hurts. If I'm the Vikings I am going to operate like he might not come back the same after the injury and I'd rather be very happily surprised if he does. Either way we have to invest in depth. No one is going to come in and take over but Hill could start for a few weeks and then a guy like Bradford could take over. I don't know maybe that is just wishful thinking.

I bought tickets to the Vikings game against the Pack on sunday night in Sept. Going to be my first ever NFL game I'm flying in from Florida and going with my uncle who will be in the city on business. I am still excited but what a damper seeing that news was.

Or just call Brett! :rofl:
I don't think with Bradford's injury history. Him and our offensive line would be a good match.

Enjoy your Vikings game :thumbsup:
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

MWNANCe wrote:I am not sure if this has been discussed...

If Kapernick is released..
Would the Vikings be able to pick him up...Would his current salary be part of the CAP?

Would we even want him..

If he's released, I think he'd just become a free agent and the Vikings would have to sign him to a new contract to add him to their roster. His current cap number would be the 49ers problem.

The cap hit they would take is substantial so i doubt they'll release him.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

For the record, I dont think trading even a first round pick for any reason necessarily puts the "futire of te team at risk". I hate when GMs say that crap because at some point you have to play for the "now" and make sacrifices for the future. It is one of the reasons I couldn't stand Terry Ryan. Im not saying the Vikings should play for the now, but you know what I mean.

Cold is temporary. Purple Pride is forever.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Chiefs release QB Aaron Murray per source.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
beerfan
Backup

Post by beerfan »

Just heard on SiriusXM NFL channel that the Chiefs cut Aaron Murray.
beerfan
Backup

Post by beerfan »

Also heard that Bryce Petty might be going IR so that the Jets can keep their other three QBs. He suffered a bruised shoulder in their preseason game last night.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:
Bring him in and work him out!