Post-game thoughts

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Post-game thoughts

Post by yezzir »

I can recall the majority of analysts saying a few weeks ago, "If the Vikings make the playoffs, Peterson is the MVP."
Time to own up to your words. I don't think any of them actually figured we would make the playoffs.
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero 36m
I give Leslie Frazier and staff a ton of credit for keeping this thing on track all season. So many points it could have derailed.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Dark wrote:Just to clear things up, we face the packers next week right?
Yes, sir... in the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Best game for Ponder here. He missed a few open guys, but he was on the run. He needs time like Rogers gets. He also needs to be taught how to move in the pocket. Like Rogers and Culter for example. He might actually turn out to be a good QB if those things happen. Thats why I hope we g guard first next year.

AD is so good. Most amazing player i have ever watched. Every time he touches the ball my heart races.

Our D was ok, secondary needs help without Winfield. Dline did ok, 3 sacks, forced fumble. but they gave rogers alot of time. LBs are really weak.

ST was pretty good, they need to leard to cover kicks and punts a bit better.

The WR's had their best game. Jenkins and Simpson did well. Wright seems like the real deal.
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero 35m
What does this win mean to the #Vikings? Zygi: "It means we're in the playoffs, that's what it means."
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 »

Post game thoughts...congratulations Vikings! Also, I never thought I'd see any applause for Frazier this year, from myself included!

...wisdom through believing!
...spirits in the wind and the trees
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

I found this game to be thrilling and the Vikings won it! Sure, they aren't perfect but I'm in the mood to post only good thoughts in this thread...

Adrian Peterson is as we expected - a terminator. What a great player! The Vikings are lucky to have him.

The Blair Walsh Project has to get mucho credit for the entire season. Great draft move by the Vikings staff.

Man, I wish a healthy Harvin was presently playing for the Vikings. He and Wright would cause a lot of opposing DBs to get winded in a hurry.

Speaking of health, I'm seeing signs of Jerome Simpson's skills again. Too bad he can't run full throttle and is playing with a bad back. He doesn't have the greatest hands but the guy is a tremendous athlete. I hope he comes back next year healthy, maybe with another 1-year contract that is incentive based.

I thought Christian Ponder stepped up his game and made some clutch plays. I love the long pass to Wright!

Leslie Frazier has done a solid job. This team is way better than I thought it would be.
Last edited by losperros on Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FailedtoOpen
All Pro Elite Player

Post by FailedtoOpen »

That last run by Peterson was pure determination and it sucks he was so close to getting it.

Ponder didn't make all the throws, but he made clutch throws which is something he did well at the beginning of the season.
petev_sj
Veteran

Post by petev_sj »

I am maybe more proud of this Vikings team then any previous. No expectation, the "experts" pick them to lose week after week, and they just keep shoving it back in their faces.

I'm just over the moon for this team, can't put into words how proud I am of this team.
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

Jim Souhan @SouhanStrib 7m
Peterson: I know Eric Dickerson is feeling so good right now. I'll get the record next year.
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero 21m
Jerome Simpson passed through concussion protocol before being allowed to return. Harrison Smith's shoulder was OK.
socalvikesfan
Starter

Post by socalvikesfan »

Great game today, one of the best I've seen in a long time. Kept saying throughout, "What a great game! It's just gotta end right!" And it did!

Tonight I saw the best pass I've ever seen Ponder throw; hope he can show us some more of that. The Jenkins endzone grab was awesome, too, and I can't say enough about AD's game and season.

I'm worried- especially about our secondary- going up against the Packers in Green Bay, but I just hope this team can channel some of the heart they showed in Houston and take down the Pack on their home turf. HATED the Go Pack Go cries that came through loud and clear on my tv.

Great game tonight, and I'm thrilled to see the team moving in the right direction as they head into the playoffs with a bit of momentum. SKOL!
ImageImage
visitingbearsfan
Rookie

Post by visitingbearsfan »

Congrats on a great win and an outstanding season. I will be rooting for you again next week.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

off the NFL page: Vikings/Packers 8pm Saturday
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
JonPurpleHaze
Transition Player

Post by JonPurpleHaze »

I'm just thrilled to death right now, I really was hoping the Vikes would double their 3 win total from last year and we are in the playoffs!

Adrian Peterson is made up of some type of undiscovered form of energy and power, got to watch all Vikings games this year (in NY) and the dude is truly incredible...
I think he can break the record in another year but I keep thinking about what if we didn't squander that early time-out, it probably would've been another carry..

:smilevike: