Post-game thoughts

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post-game thoughts

Post by Mothman »

Great game.

Great win.

Great performance by Peterson. He narrowly missed the all-time record but maybe he'll get it in another season. he was heroic today.

Ponder delivered today in a big way today, as did most of the offense.

The defense got off to a great start and then had to hang on for dear life but in the end, the team effort was enough to get the win.

Congratulations to the players and coaches for an excellent, completely unexpected regular season. Now go to Green Bay and beat the #@!*% Packers again next week!

More later... :)

:smilevike:
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Re: Post-game thoughts

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Defensive secondary started brilliant and got TORCHED. Thinking of this team without Winfield at Lambeau has my stomach turning.
Winfield is incredible and A.J. Jefferson and Scherels are PURE BUMS. At least against Rodgers.

Walsh was clutch AGAIN. 54 yarder and game winner.

Rotten shame about Peterson. One year in his career and he beats that Dickerson record. Just a matter of time.

Ponder=Crucial bomb, no turnovers, only 1 sack, 250 yards all purpose and 3 touchdowns.
With Harvin, Wright, Simpson and one receiver approaching 2 status, he could be vicious.
Dark
Transition Player

Post by Dark »

I personally think AD will break the record next year. At the beginning of the season I think that the vikes werent sure AD was ready to play to his full potential and he may not have been. I think next year he will start off with a bang and have beast mode on all season. Hopefully Musgrave and Frazier learn to run the ball more. If AD had as many rushes as Dickerson, theoretically he would have broken the record. He is still in his prime, therefore I believe he breaks the record next year.
ADMVP & CCHOF
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

True, true. But when you sit down and think about it, without Harvin in the lineup that just means Ponderson is throwing to a team of number 3 receivers, right? Except maybe, maybe Simpson or Wright.

The drop off in wide receiver player talent is like...

Harvin
Wright and Simpson
Jenkins and maybe Aromashadu
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

@BarrySanders: I'd like to congratulate @AdrianPeterson on an amazing season, comeback, and career thus far. Its nice to welcome you to the 2K club.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

It would be a huge upgrade to get Jennings next year. Man I would like to see this offense with some half way decent receivers.
Wright, Harvin and Jennings would make a huge difference.
Last edited by Purple bruise on Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
lyzarde
Veteran

Post by lyzarde »

Still would have rather had AP set the record.

This team will just be 1 and done in the playoffs.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

S197 wrote:

Awesome. :) Thanks for posting that.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Troll.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Orion »

lyzarde wrote:Still would have rather had AP set the record.

This team will just be 1 and done in the playoffs.
Don't underestimate the Vikings. We were written off against SF, Chicago and Houston and many thought we would lose this game.

Long story short: Vikings proved they can beat Green Bay. Have you already forgot how winnable the last game was at Lambeau? Yeah, Cobb and Woodson will most likely play, but the Vikings deserve to be in the playoffs and will be tough.
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Mothman wrote:
Awesome. :) Thanks for posting that.
No problem. And from the man himself:
@EricDickerson: @AdrianPeterson Just want to say that you are a Great player & if my record had to fall. I would like it to go to a player like you AP.
ED
Dark
Transition Player

Post by Dark »

What makes this win even better is that the bears don't make the playoffs!!! This is the best possible thing that could have happened! Not to mention there is a ton of packer fans at work that I can rub this win in their faces :twisted:
ADMVP & CCHOF
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

First... SKOL!
Second.. What a game by Christian Ponder. I go back to the slant to Jenkins a few games ago. Since then he has been an entirely different player. Hopefully his good play continues!
Third.. AD is a stud, and I want to marry him and have his children.
Fourth, blair Walsh. Money!
Fifth, great game by Jenkins as well!

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Dark
Transition Player

Post by Dark »

Just to clear things up, we face the packers next week right?
ADMVP & CCHOF
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

Dark wrote:Just to clear things up, we face the packers next week right?
Yezzir!