JJ or JJ - Who Gets to be JJ?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

JJ or JJ - Who Gets to be JJ?

Post by Cliff »

I think we should go ahead and settle this. Do we call Jefferson JJ or McCarthy JJ? I'm leaning towards McCarthy being JJ since it's actually his name and Jefferson being Jets or just Jefferson.

That or Jefferson is JJ and we always specify McCarthy after "JJ" for the rookie.
cmoss84
Veteran

Re: JJ or JJ - Who Gets to be JJ?

Post by cmoss84 »

Cliff wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:14 pm I think we should go ahead and settle this. Do we call Jefferson JJ or McCarthy JJ? I'm leaning towards McCarthy being JJ since it's actually his name and Jefferson being Jets or just Jefferson.

That or Jefferson is JJ and we always specify McCarthy after "JJ" for the rookie.
I'm sure we'll hear a lot of "JJ to JJ." I can hear Paul Allen already.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
makila
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by makila »

Well according to Jefferson he texted Mccarthy and told him he (Mccarthy) could have "JJ", because his nickname is Jets.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

I think JJ is the OG JJ (Justin). I know he likes to go by Jets, but to me he's JJ.

I'll probably refer to McCarthy as JMac.
cogitator
Veteran

Post by cogitator »

I think JJ gets the name JJ, that is JJ McCarthy, it's already built in to his name. Maybe Jefferson could just be Justin, one of those one word names everyone knows, like Cher or Madonna or Prince etc. I think Cmoss is right though, too easy, too snappy to use JJ to JJ.
Tommy TarkenKapp
Backup

Post by Tommy TarkenKapp »

This is a super easy one for me. I've almost always referred to players by their last name. Maybe used their first names here & there when #### at the TV during a live game. I don't do the nick name thing unless you count the use of profane names when #### at the TV during live games. Justin Jefferson has always been Jefferson to me. Kirk Cousins is Cousins. John Randle = Randle. You get the idea. Jefferson will still be Jefferson. McCarthy will be McCarthy. I'm well aware of how boring that is.