Vikings-Giants POST GAME

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Vikings-Giants POST GAME

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

One of the best clutch kicks I have ever seen in my life! And it looked good from 65. My lord, what a game
quiznut1
Practice Squad

Re: Vikings-Giants POST GAME

Post by quiznut1 »

I give em' credit - pulled it out and CLUTCH when we had to, yet again. How in the world are we 11-0 in one-score games?!?!?

This is such uncharted territory for a potential #1 or #2 seed going into the playoffs. A W is a W yes, but usually there's at least a couple soundly won games to mix it up.

Can we continue to get it done in these nail-biters come playoff time?

I still just have this unsettled feeling that we're just one play from things coming back to earth in the playoffs. We'll see what happens...what a ride it's been!
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

That was a monster kick by Peg. I didn't think he had a chance. Dead center. Nice blocked punt. T J and Cousins seem to have a connection. Great pickup by our GM. Our D did fine except the last drive. Causing turnovers is always a good thing. That punch out fumble was nice. Kirk had a couple clunkers but he also hung in there and made some throws. We found a way to win again. Excellent job. They play together. Daniel Jones impressed me. He don't have much to throw to but has a good arm and can move. FA in 2023 and I hope we take a hard look. Need a player in the hole who can play.
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

quiznut1 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:37 pm I give em' credit - pulled it out and CLUTCH when we had to, yet again. How in the world are we 11-0 in one-score games?!?!?

This is such uncharted territory for a potential #1 or #2 seed going into the playoffs. A W is a W yes, but usually there's at least a couple soundly won games to mix it up.

Can we continue to get it done in these nail-biters come playoff time?

I still just have this unsettled feeling that we're just one play from things coming back to earth in the playoffs. We'll see what happens...what a ride it's been!
I don’t know if we can continue to get it done. Odds are probably against us.

Statistic wise many teams might have better STATS, DEFENSES, OFFENSES.

But the Vikings have HEART... They believe at the end they will win

The Vikings in the playoffs may not rank as the best team.

I look at this season we could be 7-6 easy 12-3.

Do I feel the Vikings will win the NFC and go to the SB. Not really

But did I see us at 12-3 either...I did not.

Playoffs a whole new season.. we didn’t do it in 98when we list to Atlanta inNFC Championship.

Maybe this team has the chemistry to just win.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

The TJ Hoch trade KAM made late in the season, is one of the best ive seen. TJ earns his check every day, and is the JJ for the TE's. He is sure handed, an athlete, and knows where the first down marker is. So glad we have him, worth the price for sure.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:05 pm The TJ Hoch trade KAM made late in the season, is one of the best ive seen. TJ earns his check every day, and is the JJ for the TE's. He is sure handed, an athlete, and knows where the first down marker is. So glad we have him, worth the price for sure.
Agreed, that was a smart trade and Hock had a huge game today.

This was a strange game. I felt like we were far superior than the Giants, but we just couldn't pull away at any point. Our D was so pathetic on that game-tying drive. But the Cardiac Kids gave us a Merry Christmas!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Guys, during training camp, I looked at every Vikings media post I could find, every day. And every single day, one name kept coming up as a star. That name was Greg Joseph. Dude was banging 57, 58, 60 yarders. Every day. His confidence seemed to be through the roof.

Then the season came, and he missed 5-of-6 from 50+ and 5 extra points. It was like he lost his confidence in an instant. I just kept wondering, “Where’s that guy from training camp?”

I think we found him.

Greg Joseph now has made 11 straight field goals, including 2-for-2 from 50+. He’s made 5 game-winners on the season.

For me, the litmus test for a kicker is not just whether he can make a game-winner. It’s also whether he can make a long one to win a game.

They don’t get much longer than that.

Hell, Kirk Cousins said he figured they were going to overtime. Not so fast, Kirk.

Sorry to gush. I have a weird obsession with kickers, probably because I wanted to be one. Great to have a confident kicker on the Vikings. It’s definitely been a rarity.

God this season has been fun.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Fat Stupid Loser
Starter

Post by Fat Stupid Loser »

The D is really not good. Yet has a knack for making a big play exactly when it must happen. They wouldn't have to make that play if they didn't suck the rest of the time but at least they make it. Makes it hard to have confidence in a serious playoff run that way but no reason they can't put it together and get hot for a couple games. They will have to.
cmoss84
Veteran

Post by cmoss84 »

:beerock:
The top seed is still within reach. Need Eagles to lose to Saints (still fighting for division) and Giants (still fighting for playoffs)...and we need to beat Packers and Bears...on the road.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
StanM
Veteran

Post by StanM »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:34 pm One of the best clutch kicks I have ever seen in my life! And it looked good from 65. My lord, what a game
Up until yesterdays game the longest I remember watching was Tom Dempsey kicking one 63 yards in 1970. He was a straight on kicker who was missing part of his kicking foot and wore a special shoe.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Fat Stupid Loser wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:07 am The D is really not good. Yet has a knack for making a big play exactly when it must happen. They wouldn't have to make that play if they didn't suck the rest of the time but at least they make it. Makes it hard to have confidence in a serious playoff run that way but no reason they can't put it together and get hot for a couple games. They will have to.
I'm in the same place as you: I don't expect much from this team in the playoffs when we face SF, PHI or DAL because of our defense. We continue to make very bland and ineffective QBs look like MVP candidates. Then again, I have to remember that we beat the Bills on the road. We were wiped out by the effort, however, and just couldn't hang with the Cowboys the following week due to a combination of key injuries and overexertion, IMO. I can envision us knocking off one top tier team and then faltering in the NFCCG, but that would be the absolute ceiling for this charmed season. But in all honesty, my expectations for this season have already been exceeded and I feel very, very good about our coach. I think we hammered that hire, and it's crucial. I think the jury is still out on KAM, but my mind is open. I think he's young and possibly brilliant. He may have a few things to learn still, but I think the acquisition of Hock ahead of the deadline was an impressive move and a potential harbinger of good things to come. His 2022 draft has not looked great yet, but you have to give that a couple of more years to fully judge it. We need young play makers on D, that much is clear to me. The off season moves will show us a lot about what KAM brings to the table. It will probably be time to make some hard decisions on some sentimental favorites (Kendricks, Cook, Thielen, Harrison, etc.). JJ has to be locked up for a huge contract. He is the identity of this team. As for the rest of the this season, it's all sugar now for me. A first round exit would be a disappointment, but apart from that, I'd be content.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Texas Vike wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:34 am
Fat Stupid Loser wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:07 am The D is really not good. Yet has a knack for making a big play exactly when it must happen. They wouldn't have to make that play if they didn't suck the rest of the time but at least they make it. Makes it hard to have confidence in a serious playoff run that way but no reason they can't put it together and get hot for a couple games. They will have to.
I'm in the same place as you: I don't expect much from this team in the playoffs when we face SF, PHI or DAL because of our defense. We continue to make very bland and ineffective QBs look like MVP candidates. Then again, I have to remember that we beat the Bills on the road. We were wiped out by the effort, however, and just couldn't hang with the Cowboys the following week due to a combination of key injuries and overexertion, IMO. I can envision us knocking off one top tier team and then faltering in the NFCCG, but that would be the absolute ceiling for this charmed season. But in all honesty, my expectations for this season have already been exceeded and I feel very, very good about our coach. I think we hammered that hire, and it's crucial. I think the jury is still out on KAM, but my mind is open. I think he's young and possibly brilliant. He may have a few things to learn still, but I think the acquisition of Hock ahead of the deadline was an impressive move and a potential harbinger of good things to come. His 2022 draft has not looked great yet, but you have to give that a couple of more years to fully judge it. We need young play makers on D, that much is clear to me. The off season moves will show us a lot about what KAM brings to the table. It will probably be time to make some hard decisions on some sentimental favorites (Kendricks, Cook, Thielen, Harrison, etc.). JJ has to be locked up for a huge contract. He is the identity of this team. As for the rest of the this season, it's all sugar now for me. A first round exit would be a disappointment, but apart from that, I'd be content.
Well Hurts missed yesterday's game with a sprained throwing shoulder. Who knows when he'll be back. Dal has had some bad games. SF looks like the rising team at this point. But I agree with the hiring of KOC. The guys have bought into whatever he is doing. Whatever happens in the playoffs is ok with me. Be nice to win some. We exceeded my expectations and have developed our own team personality along the way which is important. We play as a team. Not like with Zim when our O only existed to help his D. It's to early to judge the daft but I would have liked more. Next year will tell more about them. But it's good to see Asamoah getting into the mix. Maybe he will provide some lift in the playoffs. Plus we should be getting some secondary guys back also.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Did we get smacked by Dallas after a crazy win? Yes. But one thing I will say about Dallas, that defense has collapsed as of late. Struggled with the 1 win Texans, got beat up on by the jags and let Minshew do his thing. Even though Dallas beat Philly, I think they are getting exposed a bit.

And at the same time, the last two games I feel like our defense is playing better. The big plays help but the fact that they are blitzing and throwing all sorts of looks on 3rd down and such gives me hope. I just wish that when they blitz, press your coverage. Daniel jones lived on quick slants yesterday.

Supposedly KOC sat Donatell down recently and said “ok this is how I would scheme against your defense if I was playing you, don’t be predictable”. That’s what a good HC should do
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

I'd characterize them more as inconsistent than not good. They play well in stretches and are capable of making big plays at times, but they also play poorly in stretches and give up big plays at times. To some degree the offense and special teams are similar as well. The entire team has moments of brilliance and dominant play that are offset by moments of incompetence and objectively poor plays. That is a large reason why they have been in so many tight games.

Not sure how they can tighten things up, but if I were another team I wouldn't want to have to play them in the playoffs given how battle-tested they now are. I mean, if they are in a tight game against pretty much anyone at this point that won't faze the Vikings at all. If they're down by any score, who cares? They've been there and done it and I have to believe that can only serve them well in the playoffs.

Of course, there is the alternative theory...

KOC's true genius will be revealed once the playoffs start. He's been toying with the rest of the league, convincing everyone the Vikings have problems on both sides of the ball and aren't a great team. He'll finally let all 3 units play 4 quarters once the playoffs start. KOC is playing rope-a-dope with everyone before he unleashes the Kraken version of the Vikings in the playoffs on their way to this year's Superbowl.

:shock:

:lol: :smilevike: :govikes: :v):
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

VikingLord wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:06 pm
Of course, there is the alternative theory...

KOC's true genius will be revealed once the playoffs start. He's been toying with the rest of the league, convincing everyone the Vikings have problems on both sides of the ball and aren't a great team. He'll finally let all 3 units play 4 quarters once the playoffs start. KOC is playing rope-a-dope with everyone before he unleashes the Kraken version of the Vikings in the playoffs on their way to this year's Superbowl.

:shock:

:lol: :smilevike: :govikes: :v):
:ripple:
Since you went to the trouble of making a pitcher of purple margaritas, I'll share one with you! :pour: