After Hockenson, are the Vikings done dealing?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

After Hockenson, are the Vikings done dealing?

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

From Field Yates at ESPN:
The Vikings converted $1,869,444 of OT Brian O’Neill’s base salary into a signing bonus, creating $1,495,555 in cap space, per source.
Makes me wonder if something is up in Vikingland. OBJ is out there — familiar with O'Connell's system, close buds with JJ, lot of fellow LSU players on the Vikings. He's stated he only wants to go to a contender.

Thoughts?
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: After Hockenson, are the Vikings done dealing?

Post by VikingsVictorious »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:26 pm From Field Yates at ESPN:
The Vikings converted $1,869,444 of OT Brian O’Neill’s base salary into a signing bonus, creating $1,495,555 in cap space, per source.
Makes me wonder if something is up in Vikingland. OBJ is out there — familiar with O'Connell's system, close buds with JJ, lot of fellow LSU players on the Vikings. He's stated he only wants to go to a contender.

Thoughts?
It's such a gamble that OBJ could get in Football shape and contribute before this season ends. My best guess is NO.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:25 pm

Thoughts?
It's such a gamble that OBJ could get in Football shape and contribute before this season ends. My best guess is NO.
For what it's worth OBJ played for 1.2 million last year. I'm not going to question what they do at this point. I would have canned our DC and they are improving as we step through the season. They know what we need more than me and how to get it.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

I hope Vikings pass on Odell, he is not worth the headache
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

What about Suh with Tomlinson out?
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:10 pm What about Suh with Tomlinson out?
How long is Tomlinson out?
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Foreman44 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:42 pm
Maelstrom88 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:10 pm What about Suh with Tomlinson out?
It's a calf injury that's week to week.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:27 pm
Foreman44 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:42 pm

It's a calf injury that's week to week.
Thanks. Wouldn’t think they would make a big signing unless long term. Pertaining to Suh
jvessey
Practice Squad

Post by jvessey »

Does anybody else wonder whether OBJ was waiting to see what happened in the last few weeks to decide where he wants to play? This week he saw the Vikings beat the Bills and Dallas lose to the Packers. Maybe he is starting to think the Vikings are not only his best bet for a team that is going somewhere, but also a team that would seem really fun to play for. I would be glad to have him on the team if KOC thinks he would fit the team
StanM
Veteran

Post by StanM »

Thoughts?
Teams normally leave a couple million of cap in reserve in case someone goes down for the season. I wouldn't read anything into this but I wouldn't be surprised if they made a move either. I wasn't an OBJ fan until I saw a photo of him working out in a Donny Schatz Sprint Car shirt a couple weeks ago. Now I kind of like him without ever having paid attention to him in the past as that is my favorite summer sport. The only knock on OBJ is that some think he might be a negative in the locker room. I have never paid close attention so I'll have to brush up on that subject.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

StanM wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:08 am

Thoughts?
Teams normally leave a couple million of cap in reserve in case someone goes down for the season. I wouldn't read anything into this but I wouldn't be surprised if they made a move either. I wasn't an OBJ fan until I saw a photo of him working out in a Donny Schatz Sprint Car shirt a couple weeks ago. Now I kind of like him without ever having paid attention to him in the past as that is my favorite summer sport. The only knock on OBJ is that some think he might be a negative in the locker room. I have never paid close attention so I'll have to brush up on that subject.
If anybody knows what OBJ is like in the locker room and as a teammate, it is our HC and GM, I think.
I want to say that KAM was in Cleveland when OBJ was there. Obviously KOC was in LA with OBJ last year as they won a SB together. He also knows how to utilize his skill set.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

IIsweet wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:40 am
StanM wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:08 am

If anybody knows what OBJ is like in the locker room and as a teammate, it is our HC and GM, I think.
I want to say that KAM was in Cleveland when OBJ was there. Obviously KOC was in LA with OBJ last year as they won a SB together. He also knows how to utilize his skill set.
You bring up some good stuff with your post. I don't really care but they know the guy so whatever they decide is fine with me.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Hock can turn and put his head down and run through people. I give our GM big time credit for getting this guy. He will help us. If he needs yards I don't see one guy stopping him before he picks them up. It will take a few to get him down.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

I do not recall which play it was, but Hock stood out on a pass play, fairly deep, and he comes running up and gets a block in downfield to spring more yardage. It was a total hustle play. I am a Hawkeye fan and have loved this trade since I first saw it announced. He is special as we are all seeing already.
Just how bad is the Lions' culture ? This guy gets out and is already making an incredible impact. Stafford gets out and wins a SB. Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson both retired early.
Loving KAM and KOC !!! Love having TJ as a Viking. Jersey is already en route !!!!
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Looks like the Eagles singed Suh. I didn't necessarily think we needed him, but would rather he went about anywhere but there.