Ed Ingram

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3520
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 670

Ed Ingram

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Locked on Vikings is expecting Ingram to win a starting guard job. He acknowledges the off field stuff and then gets into the on field stuff. He considers the On Field stuff to be really good.

User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3520
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 670

Re: Ed Ingram

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Pete Bercich's take

CharVike
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2738
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm
x 524

Re: Ed Ingram

Post by CharVike »

He's got a good chance to start. It's not how I would build an OL because I like bigger players like the Chiefs did with their OL rebuild. They basically built a human wall in one off season. They understand that everything starts at the LOS.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 9047
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 1055

Re: Ed Ingram

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

CharVike wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:38 pm He's got a good chance to start. It's not how I would build an OL because I like bigger players like the Chiefs did with their OL rebuild. They basically built a human wall in one off season. They understand that everything starts at the LOS.
I mean Ingram is a pretty big guy. He's not 6'6 like Trey Smith but there's only about a 10-15 pound difference between the two. Ingram isnt anything like Bradbury in terms of size and ability to anchor I will say that
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3587
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 623

Re: Ed Ingram

Post by StumpHunter »

Huge reach for a piece of trash human being. Terrible pick who I hope never sees the field.
CharVike
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2738
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm
x 524

Re: Ed Ingram

Post by CharVike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 6:19 am
CharVike wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:38 pm He's got a good chance to start. It's not how I would build an OL because I like bigger players like the Chiefs did with their OL rebuild. They basically built a human wall in one off season. They understand that everything starts at the LOS.
I mean Ingram is a pretty big guy. He's not 6'6 like Trey Smith but there's only about a 10-15 pound difference between the two. Ingram isnt anything like Bradbury in terms of size and ability to anchor I will say that
Bradbury is useless. He's a depth player no more than that. Ingram should be a good player. It's just not what I wanted to see. The Chargers where another team that rebuilt their OL quickly. Slater was a great pick at LT. I know it's more than just size but that's where I would start and work from there. We need to get into PFF's top 10 OL ranking. Otherwise if we get into the playoffs we will hit teams with very good front 7 and then it will end because we will lose the LOS battle. Same thing the Packers are going through with their avg OL.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3587
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 623

Re: Ed Ingram

Post by StumpHunter »

CharVike wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:13 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 6:19 am

I mean Ingram is a pretty big guy. He's not 6'6 like Trey Smith but there's only about a 10-15 pound difference between the two. Ingram isnt anything like Bradbury in terms of size and ability to anchor I will say that
Bradbury is useless. He's a depth player no more than that. Ingram should be a good player. It's just not what I wanted to see. The Chargers where another team that rebuilt their OL quickly. Slater was a great pick at LT. I know it's more than just size but that's where I would start and work from there. We need to get into PFF's top 10 OL ranking. Otherwise if we get into the playoffs we will hit teams with very good front 7 and then it will end because we will lose the LOS battle. Same thing the Packers are going through with their avg OL.
Pass blocking rank of GB's Oline the past 5 seasons:
7th
2nd
4th
1st (won 6 games)
7th

Rodgers' pressure rate/worst pressure rate in the Packer's final round of the playoffs:
35.3/47.8(won the game)
30.2/41.4
19/39.5(won the game)

You can keep claiming the oline was the issue in those games, but it will continue to not be true. Only based on the reality of what actually happened though.
Cliff
Site Admin
Posts: 9224
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Location: Kentucky
x 347

Re: Ed Ingram

Post by Cliff »

We're done with his criminal stuff.
CharVike
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2738
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm
x 524

Re: Ed Ingram

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:32 am
CharVike wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:13 am
Bradbury is useless. He's a depth player no more than that. Ingram should be a good player. It's just not what I wanted to see. The Chargers where another team that rebuilt their OL quickly. Slater was a great pick at LT. I know it's more than just size but that's where I would start and work from there. We need to get into PFF's top 10 OL ranking. Otherwise if we get into the playoffs we will hit teams with very good front 7 and then it will end because we will lose the LOS battle. Same thing the Packers are going through with their avg OL.
Pass blocking rank of GB's Oline the past 5 seasons:
7th
2nd
4th
1st (won 6 games)
7th

Rodgers' pressure rate/worst pressure rate in the Packer's final round of the playoffs:
35.3/47.8(won the game)
30.2/41.4
19/39.5(won the game)

You can keep claiming the oline was the issue in those games, but it will continue to not be true. Only based on the reality of what actually happened though.
Last season against the 49ers the Packers got beat 13-10 but as you claim the OL played great. 10 points is as bad as you can get with a future HOF QB. They avg 3.4 YPC which sucks and shows the blocking wasn't there. I think they lost the LOS battle. That was the reality of that game. But you claim that's not true. Years ago means nothing for today.
User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3520
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 670

Re: Ed Ingram

Post by VikingsVictorious »

CharVike wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:34 am
StumpHunter wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:32 am
Pass blocking rank of GB's Oline the past 5 seasons:
7th
2nd
4th
1st (won 6 games)
7th

Rodgers' pressure rate/worst pressure rate in the Packer's final round of the playoffs:
35.3/47.8(won the game)
30.2/41.4
19/39.5(won the game)

You can keep claiming the oline was the issue in those games, but it will continue to not be true. Only based on the reality of what actually happened though.
Last season against the 49ers the Packers got beat 13-10 but as you claim the OL played great. 10 points is as bad as you can get with a future HOF QB. They avg 3.4 YPC which sucks and shows the blocking wasn't there. I think they lost the LOS battle. That was the reality of that game. But you claim that's not true. Years ago means nothing for today.
:bowdown: :govikes:
Cliff
Site Admin
Posts: 9224
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Location: Kentucky
x 347

Re: Ed Ingram

Post by Cliff »

Cliff wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:34 amWe're done with his criminal stuff.
My bad for expanding on that and inviting more discussion.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3587
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 623

Re: Ed Ingram

Post by StumpHunter »

CharVike wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:34 am
StumpHunter wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:32 am
Pass blocking rank of GB's Oline the past 5 seasons:
7th
2nd
4th
1st (won 6 games)
7th

Rodgers' pressure rate/worst pressure rate in the Packer's final round of the playoffs:
35.3/47.8(won the game)
30.2/41.4
19/39.5(won the game)

You can keep claiming the oline was the issue in those games, but it will continue to not be true. Only based on the reality of what actually happened though.
Last season against the 49ers the Packers got beat 13-10 but as you claim the OL played great. 10 points is as bad as you can get with a future HOF QB. They avg 3.4 YPC which sucks and shows the blocking wasn't there. I think they lost the LOS battle. That was the reality of that game. But you claim that's not true. Years ago means nothing for today.
Is the only reason a team fails to score a lot of points because they lose the LOS battle? :confused:

The take that the GB Packers Oline has been average these past 3 years is pretty funny and I appreciate the good laugh. So thanks for that.
CharVike
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2738
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm
x 524

Re: Ed Ingram

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:58 am
CharVike wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:34 am
Last season against the 49ers the Packers got beat 13-10 but as you claim the OL played great. 10 points is as bad as you can get with a future HOF QB. They avg 3.4 YPC which sucks and shows the blocking wasn't there. I think they lost the LOS battle. That was the reality of that game. But you claim that's not true. Years ago means nothing for today.
Is the only reason a team fails to score a lot of points because they lose the LOS battle? :confused:

The take that the GB Packers Oline has been average these past 3 years is pretty funny and I appreciate the good laugh. So thanks for that.
I have never seen a team win when they get dominated at the point or LOS. It's simple. Look at the top rated OLs and most made the playoffs. Packers were avg so they lost the LOS battle. Anybody that has watched this game understands that. Look at every SB we have been in and we got kicked at the LOS. Couldn't stop teams from pounding the ball. You know what caused that? The LOS or point of attack. That's my opinion obviously you see it the total opposite. That's ok it's your opinion. This year we have zero chance unless this OL is top 10. I don't care if we have Rodgers or Brady both future HOFers. It won't work. Even your guy Cam the great won't make it work. Talk about a laugh.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3587
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 623

Re: Ed Ingram

Post by StumpHunter »

CharVike wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:51 am
StumpHunter wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:58 am
Is the only reason a team fails to score a lot of points because they lose the LOS battle? :confused:

The take that the GB Packers Oline has been average these past 3 years is pretty funny and I appreciate the good laugh. So thanks for that.
I have never seen a team win when they get dominated at the point or LOS. It's simple. Look at the top rated OLs and most made the playoffs. Packers were avg so they lost the LOS battle. Anybody that has watched this game understands that. Look at every SB we have been in and we got kicked at the LOS. Couldn't stop teams from pounding the ball. You know what caused that? The LOS or point of attack. That's my opinion obviously you see it the total opposite. That's ok it's your opinion. This year we have zero chance unless this OL is top 10. I don't care if we have Rodgers or Brady both future HOFers. It won't work.
There are plenty of examples of teams winning games when they lose the LOS, including that very Packer-SF divisional round game you are talking about where SF's Oline lost the LOS in both the passing and run game and still won. The Bengals pretty much lost LOS in every game they played in the playoffs and were a bad call away from winning the SB. There are countless other examples.

In fact, looking at the year Rodgers won the SB, his Oline gave up pressure on 31.5 % of his drop backs and he was sacked 8 times. Rodgers 2019: 23.6% pressure rate and 2020: 27.8 rate.

You don't need a top 10 Oline to win and in fact, of all the different units on the field, the only unit on a SB winning team to be below average on average the past 15 years is the Oline.
Even your guy Cam the great won't make it work. Talk about a laugh.
The fact you need to keep lying about this just goes to show how good my takes usually are. If you can't find an actual bad take, like say that the Packers Oline has been average the past few years or that we should give up 3 1sts, Cousins and Barr to trade up for Mac Jones, only to have him available where we were drafting in the draft, then I must be doing something right.
CharVike
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2738
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm
x 524

Re: Ed Ingram

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:37 am
CharVike wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:51 am
I have never seen a team win when they get dominated at the point or LOS. It's simple. Look at the top rated OLs and most made the playoffs. Packers were avg so they lost the LOS battle. Anybody that has watched this game understands that. Look at every SB we have been in and we got kicked at the LOS. Couldn't stop teams from pounding the ball. You know what caused that? The LOS or point of attack. That's my opinion obviously you see it the total opposite. That's ok it's your opinion. This year we have zero chance unless this OL is top 10. I don't care if we have Rodgers or Brady both future HOFers. It won't work.
There are plenty of examples of teams winning games when they lose the LOS, including that very Packer-SF divisional round game you are talking about where SF's Oline lost the LOS in both the passing and run game and still won. The Bengals pretty much lost LOS in every game they played in the playoffs and were a bad call away from winning the SB. There are countless other examples.

In fact, looking at the year Rodgers won the SB, his Oline gave up pressure on 31.5 % of his drop backs and he was sacked 8 times. Rodgers 2019: 23.6% pressure rate and 2020: 27.8 rate.

You don't need a top 10 Oline to win and in fact, of all the different units on the field, the only unit on a SB winning team to be below average on average the past 15 years is the Oline.
Even your guy Cam the great won't make it work. Talk about a laugh.
The fact you need to keep lying about this just goes to show how good my takes usually are. If you can't find an actual bad take, like say that the Packers Oline has been average the past few years or that we should give up 3 1sts, Cousins and Barr to trade up for Mac Jones, only to have him available where we were drafting in the draft, then I must be doing something right.
Your correct the 49ers OL was bad and they didn't do much on O. See how that works. Their special teams won that game for them. They needed something else and found it. They won with no OL. The Bengals D carried that team through the playoffs. The O didn't do much. Their D got hot at the right time. Their OL was bad every game. You suggested to bring Cam in so it's not a lie. I'm done mentioning him. Yes you can win if your OL is garbage which will limit the offense but another piece of the team will need to make the plays for the win. We beat Stafford once when we sacked him 10 times. Their O was worthless because the OL couldn't block well that game. If their D stepped up and shut us out the OL wouldn't have mattered.