Top Tier QB's

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Top Tier QB's

Post by CharVike »

vikeinmontana wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:11 pm
CharVike wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:23 am
If I was the GM and saw his post game press conference when he said he blew it I would have walked into his office the next day and said I agree with what you said. Now please signed this resignation form and pack your crap up and get out of here. I thought our O would get back to a 3 WR and one back set like the good old days. Open things up. Be different. He runs a Kubesteak knock off attack. JJ should succeed against this crap Kitten secondary. Big deal. He can't get open against a good CB. Looks like we have no chance coming up. Nothing at QB, limited WRs and how will our D stop Goff who's back to his Super Bowl ways. And then Hutchinson. Who will block him? Mundt might have to play for butterfingers Smith to help. Don't look good.
You'd be light years ahead of your time! Firing a brand new rookie coach in his 2nd game ever with a 1-1 record including a win against a division rival would be unprecedented! I don't know if your GM strategy would be wise, but it would certainly get people talking! Good for you thinking outside the box! :appl:
No I wouldn't. George Allen was fired by the Rams after 2 pre season games. Whatever they do they do. Yes 1-1 against 2 playoff teams is a good deal. I just didn't like how flat our team looked Monday. Could be the players fault.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

CharVike wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:18 pm
vikeinmontana wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:11 pm
You'd be light years ahead of your time! Firing a brand new rookie coach in his 2nd game ever with a 1-1 record including a win against a division rival would be unprecedented! I don't know if your GM strategy would be wise, but it would certainly get people talking! Good for you thinking outside the box! :appl:
No I wouldn't. George Allen was fired by the Rams after 2 pre season games. Whatever they do they do. Yes 1-1 against 2 playoff teams is a good deal. I just didn't like how flat our team looked Monday. Could be the players fault.
Yes it would. The fact that the one name you could come up with was fired almost 45 years ago is evidence of that. And he was fired after having already been the coach of the Redskins for 6 seasons before they let him go in his 7th. Nothing close to a scenario of firing a brand new coach after two games in which his record was 1-1.

Like a said, a GM strategy such as yours would be unprecedented. But like I said, you might really be onto something with that strategy. It's never been done but maybe you see something no one ever has. I can't say it wouldn't work because it would be the first ever. Right or wrong, you'd be brave enough to try something that has never been tried before. I commend you for that.
i'm ready for a beer.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:21 am KOC after the game came out and said he blew it not running more, and it is good he figured that out this early instead of after over half the season like Zimmer did in 2018.

Kirk cannot succeed carrying the offense and needs a strong run game. He can't succeed with a strong run game either, not in a meaningful way anyway, but he is at his best when Cook is cooking.
If I was the GM and saw his post game press conference when he said he blew it I would have walked into his office the next day and said I agree with what you said. Now please signed this resignation form and pack your crap up and get out of here. I thought our O would get back to a 3 WR and one back set like the good old days. Open things up. Be different. He runs a Kubesteak knock off attack. JJ should succeed against this crap Kitten secondary. Big deal. He can't get open against a good CB. Looks like we have no chance coming up. Nothing at QB, limited WRs and how will our D stop Goff who's back to his Super Bowl ways. And then Hutchinson. Who will block him? Mundt might have to play for butterfingers Smith to help. Don't look good.
The offense is running a ton of 11 personnel, so I am not sure where this is coming from. It just isn't working because the talent is better suited for more of that "Kubesteak" offense.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:45 am
The offense is running a ton of 11 personnel, so I am not sure where this is coming from. It just isn't working because the talent is better suited for more of that "Kubesteak" offense.
It worked week 1 until they pulled the plug. Things should change against this Lion D. Not much of a secondary so that will make it easier on everybody. Has the look of a shoot out. Maybe they will give the new speedster WR some plays. I imagine they will try and get Cook rolling first. The Lions should be the perfect team to fix things. Being home is a help also. Even the Rams had a tough game week 1. It happens.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

CharVike wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:45 am
StumpHunter wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:45 am
It worked week 1 until they pulled the plug. Things should change against this Lion D. Not much of a secondary so that will make it easier on everybody. Has the look of a shoot out. Maybe they will give the new speedster WR some plays. I imagine they will try and get Cook rolling first. The Lions should be the perfect team to fix things. Being home is a help also. Even the Rams had a tough game week 1. It happens.
They ran it a lot more in week 1 than week 2 and that was even before the big lead in the first half with 22 passes to 13 runs. The big difference week 1 was that JJ was always wide open, and he wasn't week 2. Looking at week 1 at the vast majority of targets outside of JJ and they were very short passes. Again, that started from the opening drive not after the lead.

The Vikings should attack the Lions on the ground since their run defense is significantly worse than their pass D. Of course, that difference between pass and run D was even greater against Philly last week and they barely ran it, so who knows.