Post Draft thoughts

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 677
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:02 pm
x 106

Post Draft thoughts

Post by IIsweet »

I am very happy with the draft for numerous reasons and picks, yet still perplexed by some.
I feel the the draft approach was to get younger, faster and longer, in particular in the secondary. I think it was pretty successful at doing so.
So let's look at our haul:
S Lewis Cine ... Very happy with this kid
CB Andrew Booth ... Great upside and future Stud... if healthy
OG Ed Ingram ... Groom to replace Ezra
LB Brian Asamoah ... Should push to start immediately with Smith, Hicks, and EK
CB Akayleb Evans ... Starts in 2 years with great size and athleticism
DL Esezi Otomewo ... Great size athlete for 3-4 DE
RB Ty Chandler ... Could be the #2 next year and future replacement for Cook
OT Vederian Lowe ... Swing backup tackle
WR Jalen Nailor ... Battle for #4/5 WR
TE Nick Muse ... I know nothing !

I like the players. I want to see how these guys fit in with returning players.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3331
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 567

Re: Post Draft thoughts

Post by StumpHunter »

This was by far the most disappointed I have been with my favorite team and I cannot believe we drafted a guy who was indicted by a grand jury for aggravated sexual assault against children.

Not sure how people can put that aside and still like this draft. Just disgusting that Kwesi would even consider drafting someone like that and no amount of analytics should warrant adding a man who only escaped prison because he was lucky enough his victims didn't show up to testify. Something all too common in a criminal justice system that treats victims of these cases like they are criminals themselves.
VikingsFan84
Starter
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:06 am
x 26

Re: Post Draft thoughts

Post by VikingsFan84 »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:55 pm This was by far the most disappointed I have been with my favorite team and I cannot believe we drafted a guy who was indicted by a grand jury for aggravated sexual assault against children.

Not sure how people can put that aside and still like this draft. Just disgusting that Kwesi would even consider drafting someone like that and no amount of analytics should warrant adding a man who only escaped prison because he was lucky enough his victims didn't show up to testify. Something all too common in a criminal justice system that treats victims of these cases like they are criminals themselves.
He was 16 years old with 14 years girls and charges were dropped :confused:
Dakotavike
Starter
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 4:35 pm
x 33

Re: Post Draft thoughts

Post by Dakotavike »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:55 pm This was by far the most disappointed I have been with my favorite team and I cannot believe we drafted a guy who was indicted by a grand jury for aggravated sexual assault against children.

Not sure how people can put that aside and still like this draft. Just disgusting that Kwesi would even consider drafting someone like that and no amount of analytics should warrant adding a man who only escaped prison because he was lucky enough his victims didn't show up to testify. Something all too common in a criminal justice system that treats victims of these cases like they are criminals themselves.
Wow. I didn't know about any of that. That is definitely a hard one to get past. Also, did anybody else hear that Detroit "expected" the Vikings to demand a 1st in the trade and were absolutely prepared to pay it. Some of these kids may pan out, but if these things are true it's pretty hard to walk away from this draft feeling too positive. Time will tell.
User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2972
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 606

Re: Post Draft thoughts

Post by VikingsVictorious »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:55 pm This was by far the most disappointed I have been with my favorite team and I cannot believe we drafted a guy who was indicted by a grand jury for aggravated sexual assault against children.

Not sure how people can put that aside and still like this draft. Just disgusting that Kwesi would even consider drafting someone like that and no amount of analytics should warrant adding a man who only escaped prison because he was lucky enough his victims didn't show up to testify. Something all too common in a criminal justice system that treats victims of these cases like they are criminals themselves.
You don't know if Ingram did even one tiny thing wrong. The Vikings know about people like you out there that will consider any allegation against a person to be proof of guilt. However, they're not like you. They investigated and found Ingram worthy of representing the Vikings. LSU investigated and found Ingram worthy of representing their University. I'm very concerned that due to people like you the Vikings will drop Ingram and lose a very good player for no reason. Hopefully after that happens his life won't be completely ruined.

I think you should act on your disgust and completely discontinue following the Vikings so you won't be tainted by association. You will be happier and so will everyone else here. Wouldn't it be great Stump if the worst thing you ever did was revealed to all so everybody could sit in judgment of you?
Last edited by VikingsVictorious on Mon May 02, 2022 11:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2972
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 606

Re: Post Draft thoughts

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Dakotavike wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:49 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:55 pm This was by far the most disappointed I have been with my favorite team and I cannot believe we drafted a guy who was indicted by a grand jury for aggravated sexual assault against children.

Not sure how people can put that aside and still like this draft. Just disgusting that Kwesi would even consider drafting someone like that and no amount of analytics should warrant adding a man who only escaped prison because he was lucky enough his victims didn't show up to testify. Something all too common in a criminal justice system that treats victims of these cases like they are criminals themselves.
Wow. I didn't know about any of that. That is definitely a hard one to get past. Also, did anybody else hear that Detroit "expected" the Vikings to demand a 1st in the trade and were absolutely prepared to pay it. Some of these kids may pan out, but if these things are true it's pretty hard to walk away from this draft feeling too positive. Time will tell.
That was an internet rumor proven to be absolutely false. As for charges against Ingram you can like Stump consider any charges to be proof of guilt. The Vikings addressed this. They extensively investigated the situation and felt comfortable with his character. LSU temporarily suspended him and after investigating found him worthy of reinstatement. The prosecution after looking into everything decided to drop all charges. There is no proof he did anything wrong and I'm going with innocent until PROVEN guilty.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8788
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 985

Re: Post Draft thoughts

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I like the picks we made but simply didn’t like the value we got in trades. Mainly the first trade we made with Detroit. I also didn’t like that we handed both Detroit and GB much needed WRs. Sure, maybe they could’ve landed them after us anyways but again, let them battle a trade out with another team, don’t hand them what they want on a silver platter.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Dakotavike
Starter
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 4:35 pm
x 33

Re: Post Draft thoughts

Post by Dakotavike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:35 pm
Dakotavike wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:49 pm

Wow. I didn't know about any of that. That is definitely a hard one to get past. Also, did anybody else hear that Detroit "expected" the Vikings to demand a 1st in the trade and were absolutely prepared to pay it. Some of these kids may pan out, but if these things are true it's pretty hard to walk away from this draft feeling too positive. Time will tell.
That was an internet rumor proven to be absolutely false. As for charges against Ingram you can like Stump consider any charges to be proof of guilt. The Vikings addressed this. They extensively investigated the situation and felt comfortable with his character. LSU temporarily suspended him and after investigating found him worthy of reinstatement. The prosecution after looking into everything decided to drop all charges. There is no proof he did anything wrong and I'm going with innocent until PROVEN guilty.
Ok, good to know. Thanks for clarifying! As mentioned, I knew nothing of the Ingram stuff which is why I made sure to say "IF" these things are true. Does make me feel a bit better about the draft as a whole. I probably would've gone a different direction in a few spots but I did really like the Booth pick. I'm also well aware that I know far less than most of you on this board. Hoping for the best!
User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2972
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 606

Re: Post Draft thoughts

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:59 pm I like the picks we made but simply didn’t like the value we got in trades. Mainly the first trade we made with Detroit. I also didn’t like that we handed both Detroit and GB much needed WRs. Sure, maybe they could’ve landed them after us anyways but again, let them battle a trade out with another team, don’t hand them what they want on a silver platter.
Detroit agreed but that trade netted us Cine and Booth. I would trade Williams for Cine and Booth 7 days of the week. The Pukers made an awful trade and I'm thrilled that we were the team to take advantage of them.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3331
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 567

Re: Post Draft thoughts

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingsFan84 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:32 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:55 pm This was by far the most disappointed I have been with my favorite team and I cannot believe we drafted a guy who was indicted by a grand jury for aggravated sexual assault against children.

Not sure how people can put that aside and still like this draft. Just disgusting that Kwesi would even consider drafting someone like that and no amount of analytics should warrant adding a man who only escaped prison because he was lucky enough his victims didn't show up to testify. Something all too common in a criminal justice system that treats victims of these cases like they are criminals themselves.
He was 16 years old with 14 years girls and charges were dropped :confused:
Under Texas law consensual sex with a 14 year old when the person is 16 is not illegal. The girls were either 12 or he raped them based on the charges and his age when it happened.

The charges were dropped only because the Victims didn't show up to court after a grand jury had already indicted him based on their testimony. A testimony vetted by numerous detectives and at least one psychologist.

It is sadly very common for victims in these cases to fail to testify because of how hard it is to face the man who did that to them in court and replay the worst thing that ever happened to them. That doesn't mean it is likely Ingram didn't do it and actually makes it more likely he did.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3331
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 567

Re: Post Draft thoughts

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:35 pm
Dakotavike wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:49 pm

Wow. I didn't know about any of that. That is definitely a hard one to get past. Also, did anybody else hear that Detroit "expected" the Vikings to demand a 1st in the trade and were absolutely prepared to pay it. Some of these kids may pan out, but if these things are true it's pretty hard to walk away from this draft feeling too positive. Time will tell.
That was an internet rumor proven to be absolutely false. As for charges against Ingram you can like Stump consider any charges to be proof of guilt. The Vikings addressed this. They extensively investigated the situation and felt comfortable with his character. LSU temporarily suspended him and after investigating found him worthy of reinstatement. The prosecution after looking into everything decided to drop all charges. There is no proof he did anything wrong and I'm going with innocent until PROVEN guilty.
So what did the Vikings find that the grand jury didn't?

Why are their investigators better then the police, child protective services and the DA in Dallas who thought Ingram did commit a crime?
CharVike
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2379
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm
x 451

Re: Post Draft thoughts

Post by CharVike »

Nothing to write home about from this draft. There will be a better player than Cine from those 20 spots we moved down. I think the best pick was Vederian Lowe who I feel was a steal in round 6 and will provide excellent depth. Having pick 12 we should have walked away with the top prospect from a position group. That wasn't accomplished. In that spot we should have moved up for Gardner who was the top CB prospect or just picked what fell to us. Genius Trader Down Kewsi did nothing at the genius level and was taken for a ride in round one. This was Deja Vu All Over Again.
User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2972
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 606

Re: Post Draft thoughts

Post by VikingsVictorious »

StumpHunter wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:44 am
VikingsFan84 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:32 pm

He was 16 years old with 14 years girls and charges were dropped :confused:
Under Texas law consensual sex with a 14 year old when the person is 16 is not illegal. The girls were either 12 or he raped them based on the charges and his age when it happened.

The charges were dropped only because the Victims didn't show up to court after a grand jury had already indicted him based on their testimony. A testimony vetted by numerous detectives and at least one psychologist.

It is sadly very common for victims in these cases to fail to testify because of how hard it is to face the man who did that to them in court and replay the worst thing that ever happened to them. That doesn't mean it is likely Ingram didn't do it and actually makes it more likely he did.
You are wrong and you know nothing about it. The ages are known when the allegations occurred. He was 15 close to 16 they were 13 close to 14. There very easily could have been no sex at all. Or there may have been consensual sex with all parties IMO being too young to participate in such. We don't know. It's possible he did something wrong. I'll trust the Vikings, LSU, and the Courts determination. Not yours. However, you can't in good conscience support the Vikings any more so go away.
Last edited by VikingsVictorious on Tue May 03, 2022 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2972
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 606

Re: Post Draft thoughts

Post by VikingsVictorious »

StumpHunter wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:51 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:35 pm
That was an internet rumor proven to be absolutely false. As for charges against Ingram you can like Stump consider any charges to be proof of guilt. The Vikings addressed this. They extensively investigated the situation and felt comfortable with his character. LSU temporarily suspended him and after investigating found him worthy of reinstatement. The prosecution after looking into everything decided to drop all charges. There is no proof he did anything wrong and I'm going with innocent until PROVEN guilty.
So what did the Vikings find that the grand jury didn't?

Why are their investigators better then the police, child protective services and the DA in Dallas who thought Ingram did commit a crime?
Go away. You can't support the Vikings any more. At one time the the police, CPS and the DA thought he committed a crime. Thought being the operative word as in the past. The DA dropped the charges. Nobody outside of the DA and those immediately involved know what happened as the court records are sealed. Good chance the charges were dropped because it was found out he was innocent. The Vikings investigation concluded that he is of good character. LSUs investigation concluded he was of good character. You are omniscient if you know he was guilty.
Last edited by VikingsVictorious on Tue May 03, 2022 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3331
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 567

Re: Post Draft thoughts

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:01 am
StumpHunter wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:51 am
So what did the Vikings find that the grand jury didn't?

Why are their investigators better then the police, child protective services and the DA in Dallas who thought Ingram did commit a crime?
Go away. You can't support the Vikings any more. The DA dropped the charges. Nobody outside of the DA and those immediately involved know what happened as the court records are sealed. Good chance the charges were dropped because it was found out he was innocent. You are omniscient if you know he was guilty. Smite us all O Mighty One.
No, the charges were dropped because the victims didn't show up to testify. Something that happens all the time in cases like this because testifying in front of the court about the worst thing that ever happened to you is incredibly difficult. You should really look up all the facts before defending a child rapist and get on your high horse about me not being worthy of being a Vikings fan.

https://deadspin.com/court-documents-ls ... 1838371539
A series of documents from Ingram’s case outline the allegations against him. Ingram was accused by two sisters of repeatedly sexually assaulting them during a period that began when Ingram was almost 16 and when the two girls were under the age of 14. The notice of offenses does not list the precise dates of any of the alleged assaults, though the document offers descriptions of alleged assaults that occurred in a yearlong window spanning almost all of 2015 (Ingram turned 16 in February of 2015).

According to the documents, Ingram was first accused of putting his fingers in the older sister’s vagina while she was sleeping. She says she told him she did not like it and wanted him to stop, which he did. The victim told her mother and one other person, whose relationship to her is not made clear in the documents, that Ingram “would put his hand down [her] pants and touch her private part.”

The younger sister says she saw Ingram pull her sister’s pants down, and also heard her telling Ingram to stop. The younger sister also alleged a similar assault, and the documents outline a suite of other accusations, which include Ingram assaulting them anally and vaginally with his penis “on more than one occasion” over a period that spans one year. Both victims told adults about what happened, and the case was referred to DeSoto Child Protective Services.
But the Vikings drafted him so he must be a great guy right?