Website Update

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Website Update

Post by Cliff »

I'm going to be updating the website in the next couple of weeks. You might experience some down time. I aim to fix the weird error that has eluded me for a while now and will get everything up to date.

This has the potential to break the various plugins I've installed. Things like having "likes" and something you typed up being saved in the background are not standard functionality. Even the "skin" itself is highly customized to fit the Vikings theme.

Anyway, various stuff will be updated, changed, etc.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Website Update

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Cliff wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:52 am I'm going to be updating the website in the next couple of weeks. You might experience some down time. I aim to fix the weird error that has eluded me for a while now and will get everything up to date.

This has the potential to break the various plugins I've installed. Things like having "likes" and something you typed up being saved in the background are not standard functionality. Even the "skin" itself is highly customized to fit the Vikings theme.

Thanks for all that you do Cliff! SKOL!
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Are you referring to Fixing the white error page after posting even though the post went through?
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:37 am Are you referring to Fixing the white error page after posting even though the post went through?
Yes. I've tried a variety of things to fix it but in the end I'm going to update the forum's backend in general. It's out of date so I'm hoping an update will take care of it.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:19 am
Cliff wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:52 am I'm going to be updating the website in the next couple of weeks. You might experience some down time. I aim to fix the weird error that has eluded me for a while now and will get everything up to date.

Thanks for all that you do Cliff! SKOL!
No problem! I just hope it works :P

SKOL!
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Cliff wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:47 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:37 am Are you referring to Fixing the white error page after posting even though the post went through?
Yes. I've tried a variety of things to fix it but in the end I'm going to update the forum's backend in general. It's out of date so I'm hoping an update will take care of it.
Thanks and good luck. :govikes:
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

This is Unacceptable!!!!!!

Just kidding

Love the site. Thanks for all that you do.

(。♡‿♡。)
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Thanks Cliff!
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

I just got that white page bug error again. And again when posting this.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

We seem to be back up and in business but the new version is missing with me theme a little. If you guys notice anything out of the ordinary please post about it here. Also let me know if the error isn't gone at this point.

Thanks!
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

The functionality works for the most part. Doing some clean up so expect to see more changes.

Thanks!
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

Thank you!!
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

You're welcome!

Unfortunately I have to do "work work" for a while. The only "broken" thing that I see at the moment is the Board Index directory not showing properly.

Otherwise I'll also need to work with the various Plugins. The ability to "like" a post, etc.

I'll be implementing those things again over the next couple of weeks or sooner if I can.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

And finally, for today, I've implemented a modified style. It's not as "pretty" (in my opinion) but everything works properly. I'll be tightening things up here and there.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Cliff
It looks nice! Thank you for all your hard work.