2022 NFL Draft

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

2022 NFL Draft

Post by VikingsVictorious »

I don't watch college football so I know nothing about this. I hear a lot of people like a QB named Pickett that might be available at pick 12. What you all think about him and whoever else.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Re: 2022 NFL Draft

Post by VikingsFan84 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:39 pm I don't watch college football so I know nothing about this. I hear a lot of people like a QB named Pickett that might be available at pick 12. What you all think about him and whoever else.
Vikings have Mond so Vikings are not going to draft Pickett
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

Kenny Pickett, out of Pitt.
From what I saw this year is a pretty good passer, throws nice ball, pretty accurate this season. His arm isnt huge though. Not gonna throw 60yd hail marys on a rope. Tall, big frame, yet there are concerns of his hand size (smaller, gloves in college). Appeared to be good leader. Gave me a bit of gunslinger feel. Good and bad that comes with it.

He had one really strong year, and the rest in his college career were meh. So banking on his final year being his floor and potential up from there.

This play though... not fair. Well executed on his part, haha. NCAA had to reinforce "start of slide" refs, start of the slide.

https://youtu.be/UWSCsNWqsPE
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

makila wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:32 pm Kenny Pickett, out of Pitt.
From what I saw this year is a pretty good passer, throws nice ball, pretty accurate this season. His arm isnt huge though. Not gonna throw 60yd hail marys on a rope. Tall, big frame, yet there are concerns of his hand size (smaller, gloves in college). Appeared to be good leader. Gave me a bit of gunslinger feel. Good and bad that comes with it.

He had one really strong year, and the rest in his college career were meh. So banking on his final year being his floor and potential up from there.

This play though... not fair. Well executed on his part, haha. NCAA had to reinforce "start of slide" refs, start of the slide.

https://youtu.be/UWSCsNWqsPE
It was a great fake slide. That's why these rules protecting the QB are so disgusting. If you hit a guy who is looking like he's going out of bounds they penalize you, but that player could stay in bounds and take it to the house.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

VikingsFan84 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:13 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:39 pm I don't watch college football so I know nothing about this. I hear a lot of people like a QB named Pickett that might be available at pick 12. What you all think about him and whoever else.
Why would having Mond stop us from drafting Pickett? The way I hear it Pickett is better.
Punkoholic
Rookie

Post by Punkoholic »

I also know nothing about college football players but heard CB Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner thrown around by some fans. Although 1 mock had him going at 7. Another CB is Derek Stingley Jr. The mock where Gardner goes 7 has Vikings picking Stingley Jr. Another mock had Vikings picking him as well but Gardner was mocked at 16 or something. In the writeup, it said Gardner could be the 1st CB taken but Stingley Jr is more athletic or something and because of that, they had Vikings picking Stingley Jr instead.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:39 pm

Why would having Mond stop us from drafting Pickett? The way I hear it Pickett is better.
Mond has nothing to do with anything. When a player let's Mannion beat them out that player isn't very good. These new guys don't have life long contracts. They need to win now. Now and Mond don't go together. Now and a draft pick don't go together.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

What do you guys think of Willis?
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

allday1991 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:18 am
I wouldn't touch him. He bailed out of Auburn because he couldn't handle the competition. I should say Auburn told him to get out because you suck and have no chance. Didn't work hard enough. He claims it was immaturity so when does that end? Tomorrow, next week or ten years from now. Immaturity doesn't give an excuse not to put in the work. It's called being lazy and entitlement problems. There are plenty of young people that work very hard and are immature. Tiger Woods worked hard from the time he could walk. That never stopped. Then he goes to some small nothing program where again he didn't have to work hard to win the job. No competition. In the NFL you need to work.
StpViking
Starter

Post by StpViking »

I like the Iowa Kid Linderbaum. One of the best interior anchors I've seen in a while. At 290lbs the kid somehow always manages to stone 310+ NT from the Big Ten.

The Vikings interior is still a mess. The previous regime stuffed a Tackle at the Guard position because he was the best of what was left. No more trying to be cute with the OL, no more trying to find guys that are "scheme" fits. Line up the OL vs DL whoever on the OL is best at 1 on 1 blocking, pick him.
White 8DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee! Waz Up!
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

allday1991 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:18 am
What you talkin bout???? Willis? :lol:
He's one of the other first round QB possibilities.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

The more I read about Pickett he seems to be a QB with MOXIE. I like QBs with MOXIE. Consider me on board.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

StpViking wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:28 am I like the Iowa Kid Linderbaum. One of the best interior anchors I've seen in a while. At 290lbs the kid somehow always manages to stone 310+ NT from the Big Ten.

The Vikings interior is still a mess. The previous regime stuffed a Tackle at the Guard position because he was the best of what was left. No more trying to be cute with the OL, no more trying to find guys that are "scheme" fits. Line up the OL vs DL whoever on the OL is best at 1 on 1 blocking, pick him.
At 12? That would be depressing.

We need an edge rusher opposite Hunter, starting CB, and two starting LBers. Unless a clear BPA offensive player falls to us in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd round, those picks need to be spent on the D.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

StumpHunter wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:12 pm
StpViking wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:28 am I like the Iowa Kid Linderbaum. One of the best interior anchors I've seen in a while. At 290lbs the kid somehow always manages to stone 310+ NT from the Big Ten.

At 12? That would be depressing.

We need an edge rusher opposite Hunter, starting CB, and two starting LBers. Unless a clear BPA offensive player falls to us in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd round, those picks need to be spent on the D.
We agree :shock: :govikes:
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Punkoholic wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:52 pm I also know nothing about college football players but heard CB Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner thrown around by some fans. Although 1 mock had him going at 7. Another CB is Derek Stingley Jr. The mock where Gardner goes 7 has Vikings picking Stingley Jr. Another mock had Vikings picking him as well but Gardner was mocked at 16 or something. In the writeup, it said Gardner could be the 1st CB taken but Stingley Jr is more athletic or something and because of that, they had Vikings picking Stingley Jr instead.
This is a relatively deep, albeit pretty flat, CB class at the top. I've seen 4-5 different CBs mocked to the Vikings at #12. All of them have upside potential, but all have some shortcomings or question marks that make them semi-risky that high in the draft. Gardner is one of those guys. Personally not sure how I feel about the Vikings taking a CB at 12, but if they had to do that, Trent McDuffie (https://walterfootball.com/scoutingrepo ... Duffie.php would be the best choice in that spot. He's just a competent, incredibly tenacious and intelligent football player. Day One starter and no need to worry about him blowing an assignment.