2015 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes, etc)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

2015 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes, etc)

Post by dead_poet »

A place for comments, discussions, notes that don't fit into a particular thread regarding the 2015 season.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: 2015 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by dead_poet »

8/17
@christomasson Norv turner said Vikings will look at all offensive line options but wouldn't give specifics
@mattvensel Norv Turner said TJ Clemmings has had an "outstanding camp" and has played well in the preseason. Said if he keeps it up, he should be good.
@christomasson Norv turner said zach line having outstanding camp said he can't say though if Vikings will keep a fullback
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

‏@Andrew_Krammer Norv Turner said Mike Harris has "looked awfully good" at right guard. Seems they'll press forward for now with Harris-Clemmings on right
@MasterStrib Norv Turner was pleased with T.J. Clemmings' performance vs. TB. Said he's worked a lot on pass pro since he arrived...It showed #Vikings
@MasterStrib FWIW, Clemmings, while raw at the position, was better in run block situations coming out of Pitt #Vikings
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@Andrew_Krammer Norv Turner, asked how much offense he holds back: "A lot of it. We do the things we need to play a preseason game." #Vikings
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@mattvensel Not practicing today: Pruitt, Exum, Bykowski, Stephen, J. Robinson and Loadholt, of course. Back: Peterson, Bostick and Crichton. #Vikings
@mattvensel Peterson didn't do anything in team drills today, but him being in pads and doing individual work is a step in the right direction. #Vikings
@mattvensel Also practicing after missing Saturday's game were Barr and Yankey.
@mattvensel T.J. Clemmings was the right tackle with the first-team offense.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@christomasson Mike Zimmer said he thought from watching on tape that players went hard yesterday.
@christomasson Mike Zimmer said he's texted Phil Loadholt. Says Vikings will miss him.
@christomasson Mike Zimmer likes what he sees out of Eric Kendricks: "I'll find some jobs for him to do.''
@MasterStrib Zimmer feels secondary can be good but "I don't like everything we're doing right now. We're undisciplined in some areas." #Vikings
@christomasson Mike Zimmer says team is faster and stronger and smarter than a year ago.
@mattvensel Zimmer said he isn't close to picking a startling middle linebacker.
@christomasson Mike Zimmer said Anthony Barr will play Saturday
christomasson Mike Zimmer has no concerns about Barr being fully 100 percent ready for the season.
@christomasson Anthony Barr also told me he has no concerns about being ready for the regular season after missing so much time in spring and summer.
@christomasson Mike Zimmer says he likes cornerback Josh Thomas. Likes his quickness and says he's a willing learner.
@MasterStrib "All those guys that we have are guys that can run well." -Zimmer on liking CB depth, named Thomas and Van Dyke specifically #Vikings
@MasterStrib "My dad was very, very proud of me. He's said that many times." - Mike Zimmer on his father, Bill #Vikings
@christomasson Mike Zimmer on father He said he never bragged about himself but would tell the air conditioner repairman his son was coach of the Vikings
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

dead_poet wrote: I like that quote.
Good. I thought our 2s had a week showing in particular. Our 1s benefited from numerous mistakes by the possibly nervous rookie QB. Winston fumbled several snaps and made some wild throws before he settled down.

Nice to hear.
I DEFINITELY want a MLB that STARTLES the opponent. :rofl:
Awesome news. I hope he can get his body in game shape by the opener.
OK, cool. I'm too lazy to delete what I typed above.
F'n awesome stuff. Dealing with your dad's passing is tough; I know from experience. I suspect it will drive him to excel--living up to the pride his dad had in him. Kudos to Zimmer for speaking about his dad and his death publicly.

Also: I'm enjoying this thread! Saves me from having to hunt down tweets... Twitter makes me feel like a geezer.

* For clarity's sake, those are my responses above, not DP's. I'm too lazy to edit it so it looks right!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote: I DEFINITELY want a MLB that STARTLES the opponent. :rofl:
:lol: Good catch.
OK, cool. I'm too lazy to delete what I typed above.
* For clarity's sake, those are my responses above, not DP's. I'm too lazy to edit it so it looks right!
Man, you are really feelin' lazy today!
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Mothman wrote: :lol: Good catch.
Man, you are really feelin' lazy today!

I've got too much to do to be bothered by trifles. Some posters are good at commas (me) and others are good at getting quotes lined up right (not me). Sometimes you just have to embrace our limits~ :v):
nfcnorthchamps25
Backup

Post by nfcnorthchamps25 »

Jerome Simpson got suspended again. 6 games for violating the league's substance abuse policy. Just think a few years ago he was our best receiver.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

8/19
@mattvensel Adrian Peterson practiced today. John Sullivan did not. Also sitting out were Pruitt, Bykowski, Exum, Stephen and J-Rob. MyCole Pruitt is out of his walking boot, so that's a positive sign.
@christomasson Shamar Stephen had knee scoped. Zimmer not sure how long Shamar out
@christomasson Zimmer said Exum hamstring
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@GoesslingESPN Mike Zimmer said Shamar Stephen had arthroscopic knee surgery. Expects him back by Week 1.
@christomasson Also, Carter Bykowski had shoulder surgery. Tackle had looked solid in training camp. Zimmer isn't sure yet whether it's season ending surgery #Vikings
@Andrew_Krammer More injury updates: Antone Exum has a hamstring pull, John Sullivan sat out w/ spasms + Bykowski had shoulder surgery, per Zimmer
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@MasterStrib "We're rotating guys right now. We'll rotate them in the game." - Zimmer on LBs. Kendricks took part in 1st,2nd & 3rd string today #Vikings
@christomasson Mike Zimmer says it's "not that big of a deal" who will be starting MLB. Will figure it out and guy doesn't play well will be replaced.
@christomasson With Shamar Stephen ailing, Mike Zimmer said it's very possible he can have a three-man rotation at DT. Says Crichton also can go inside.
@christomasson Mike Zimmer said Captain Munnerlyn adhering more to what he wants. Says he doesn't dislike shorter cornerbacks if they can play.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

8/20

I'm not sure what this means but it can't be good.
@christomasson Zimmer said he watched tape this week with Waynes won't have him play nickel Saturday. Zimmer said he had asked trae Waynes to do too many things was over zealous
@Andrew_Krammer Zimmer said he had a film session 1-on-1 w/ Trae Waynes this week, deciding to scale back his duties and focus on left corner only. No slot.
And then...
@christomasson Zimmer said Antone Exum needs to be more consistent doesn't get caught up at all in his takeaways last two weeks
@mattvensel Zimmer poured a tanker truck's worth of cold water on the Antone Exum hype. Zimmer downplayed the takeaways, said there are 120 other plays.
@mattvensel I wouldn't read too much into that, though. Zimmer takes most chances to take youngsters down a peg.
@christomasson Zimmer says he wants Anthony Barr to play like capable of playing
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:8/20

I'm not sure what this means but it can't be good.
It sounds to me like they've been asking Waynes to learn two positions and they've decided to scale it back and just have him focus on one for now. I actually think that probably IS good.