2014 Vikings Training Camp notes/interviews

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

2014 Vikings Training Camp notes/interviews

Post by dead_poet »

@markcraignfl: Everson Griffen, an important cover guy on special teams, says those days are over. Big loss there.
@RandBall Lot of guys here in the best shape of their lives, I can tell you that much. #vikings #reportingday
@RandBall Cannot confirm Harrison Smith is making a blanket fort, but did see Jeff Locke giving Blair Walsh a cart ride, so shenanigans are in play
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: 2014 Vikings Training Camp notes/interviews

Post by dead_poet »

Zimmer Presser:
Joseph and Kalil should be ready for practice tomorrow, Zimmer said.
Zimmer says that at least one player will start on the PUP list, but would only say that it wasn't Kalil or Joseph.
Zimmer: In my mind, Cassel is no. 1 QB at start of camp. They'll determine starter.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Zimmer said one player may be on PUP....RT @VikingsCorner: Chase Ford arrived to Vikings camp with a boot on his foot and walking crutches.
Chase Ford had a procedure last week for a stress fracture in left foot. Expects to miss training camp. #Vikings
Ford said he had a screw put in his foot. Doesn't recall when it happened, but said he's felt pain over the last few months #Vikings
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@RandBall: Matt Kalil looks to be in great shape, no joke. #vikings
:thumbsup:
Kalil said his knee is ready to go after off-season surgery. "Conditioning test is last thing I'm worried about."
Matt Kalil said he said he stayed in Minnesota for most of the offseason to rehab knee. Was cleared a few weeks ago #Vikings
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

dead_poet wrote:
Should be one of the better battles in camp. It will be interesting to see who steps up between Reisnar, Ellison, and Leonard.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Kalil said he had an "average" season last year.Didn't like the way he moved/prepared in offseason.Said he trained better this year #Vikings
Peterson: "This is my first conditioning test. I'd rather not do it, to be honest." Seems like a waste of everyone's time,
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Peterson: "This is my first conditioning test. I'd rather not do it, to be honest." Seems like a waste of everyone's time.
:lol:
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

7/25
TODAY’S VIKINGS SCHEDULE

Camp Zimmer officially kicks off at Minnesota State Mankato with a morning walkthrough that starts at 10:30 a.m. The first full practice runs from 3 p.m. to approximately 5:10 p.m. and players will be in helmets and shells. The first full-padded practice isn’t until Sunday afternoon.

SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT
Ten different quarterbacks have started a game for the Vikings since Peterson entered the league in 2007. No wonder the guy is hoping for a little stability at the position this season.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT
Ten different quarterbacks have started a game for the Vikings since Peterson entered the league in 2007. No wonder the guy is hoping for a little stability at the position this season.
[/quote]

Man, that's just depressing.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Mothman wrote:

Game time! Let's name them all!

Tarvaris Jackson, Brooks Bollinger, Kelly Holcomb, Gus Ferrotte, Brett Favre, Joe Webb, Donovan McNabb, Christian Ponder, Matt Cassel, and finally Josh Freeman!!!!

Just terrible.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Chase Ford, Captain Munnerlyn (hammy), Andrew Sendejo (low back) will start on PUP, Zimmer said. Munnerlyn shouldn't be out very long, Zimmer said.
The #Vikings have waived Matt Hall and Josh Cooper and signed Andy Cruse and Ty Walker.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Zimmer: "They did a good job on the conditioning test, maybe I'll have to make it harder next year." Said one of 90 didn't pass.
"When they get healthy we'll clear them," Zimmer said. Called Munnerlyn's injury minor. Doesn't think it will be long before he returns.
#Vikings signed receivers Andy Cruse and Ty Walker, cut WR Josh Cooper and OL Matt Hall.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Zimmer: Adam Thielen might be the most improved guy from OTAs. Has a chance to make the team.
@DerekWetmore Adam Thielen is my early favorite for #MrMankato. Zimmer talking him up as one of the most improved during a press conference.
Zimmer reiterated that Cassel "is the number 1 QB," but it doesn't mean he's starting Week 1. "I know ya'll wanted to hear something."
Zimmer: Joseph came to camp in "tremendous-looking physical shape." Weighed 317, is benching 500 lbs. #Vikings
Pretty clear Zimmer isn't happy with Chase Ford for tweeting about his injury. Talked about social media and privacy with team last night.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Zimmer: Joseph came to camp in "tremendous-looking physical shape." Weighed 317, is benching 500 lbs.
Ooooo. :P