If teddy is there at #8 do you take him now?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

If Teddy is there at #8 do you take him now?

Yes
32%
No
68%

Total votes: 62

oldskoolvikingfan
Starter

If teddy is there at #8 do you take him now?

Post by oldskoolvikingfan »

Okay. There is just one week until the NFL draft and a lot of the draft analyst have Teddy Bridgewater falling out of the first round completely because people keep questioning his arm strength, size, Pro Day, etc. If Teddy is there at #8 when the Vikings select would you guys take him? If you vote No please tell us why and give us the player that you would take that most likely will be available at #8.

Ill start. I would take Teddy at number 8 even if it is now considered a reach.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: If teddy is there at #8 do you take him now?

Post by The Breeze »

I just have a feeling TB is going to be a mediocre NFL player. I hope they stay away from him....I got no facts, just a hunch.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

If JFB is still there a 8 take him. If Bortles is there at 8 take him. If Bridgewater is there at 8 take a linebacker or DB.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

The only quarterback I would like us to draft at 8 this year is Manziel. There are lots of varying opinions on him, but I think he's going to get it done in the NFL. Teddy - I would be OK with him in the second round.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

I'd take him. Worth the risk. I wouldn't even draft Bortles or Carr. Manziel, eh what the hell. But if they don't take him, I wouldn't complain. At least he's worth a first. Unlike the last piece of worthless trash QB they spent a first round pick on...

If I was GM, I'd take a WR, DB, LB etc and maybe next year. But if they take Bridgewater I wouldn't complain.

Unlike some people...who would send Spielman flowers no matter who he took.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Demi wrote:Unlike some people...who would send Spielman flowers no matter who he took.
:lol:
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Teddy is the only one I'd take at #8, like many have said for months. JFB is too big of a risk for Rickie. He would go D befor JFB or Bortles. Unless he think he can trade down and get 2 picks and still get Bortles. Because theres still good CBs and Lbs like Mosely that might be there. Is it Thursday yet?
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Couple mock drafts show Vikes trading down with Dallas. Then picking up Blake Bortles for our first pick.
Pepper2Moss
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Pepper2Moss »

I'd be fine with either him or Bortles in round 1. I get that his pro day & workouts have been subpar, but his game tape + credentials tell me otherwise. Manziel still scares the bejeezus outta me & Carr I'd be ok with in the 2nd.
joe h
Veteran

Post by joe h »

No way Spielman drafts another second round prospect high in the first round. I also don't want him trading out of the top ten unless he gets one hell of a deal. Just pick the bpa, and stop playing games. He thinks he is some draft day genius, but all his cute maneuvering has done is overpaid mediocre players.
Delaqure
Franchise Player

Post by Delaqure »

Demi wrote:If I was GM, I'd take a WR, DB, LB etc and maybe next year. But if they take Bridgewater I wouldn't complain.

Unlike some people...who would send Spielman flowers no matter who he took.
Oh no you didn't! :lol:

I wouldn' have a problem either with picking Bridgewater at #8. I wouldn't have a problem with him, Manziel or Bortles in that position. Unlike some on this board who don't think Spielman would dare pick another 1st rd QB after the last debacle, I think Spielman could do just that. He is not on an island here. I think Turner and Zimmer will have significant input in this decision. If they all like the same guy and think he is the one to pick and that he may not be there for the next pick I think they go for it. I do think that depends on who he is. I don't think they pick a QB like Mettenberger there, but if it is one of their top QB choices and he's available I think Spielman goes for it.

But hey, what do I know right? :confused:
sonicology
Backup

Post by sonicology »

Jeffbleedspurple wrote:I'll pass on Bridgewater with the #8 pick, go with the top D player on the board or trade down. :smilevike:
This.

First choice would be Khalil Mack but I doubt he's still there at #8.

Assuming Mack isn't available, I'd say we see if we can find value in trading down and then take Barr, Mosley or Donald.
oldskoolvikingfan
Starter

Post by oldskoolvikingfan »

joe h wrote:No way Spielman drafts another second round prospect high in the first round. I also don't want him trading out of the top ten unless he gets one hell of a deal. Just pick the bpa, and stop playing games. He thinks he is some draft day genius, but all his cute maneuvering has done is overpaid mediocre players.
I just don't see how Teddy is a second round prospect when he is miles ahead of Manziel and Bortles who are considered 1st round prospects. Teddy has better throwing accuracy than Manziel and Bortles. Teddy steps up into the pocket and makes the throw under pressure, whereas Manziel and Bortles run under pressure or throw the ball up for grabs. Out of all the QBs in this draft Teddy is the clear #1 QB for me and I think the only reason that Draft Analyst have Teddy falling into the 2nd round is to get more ratings because lets be honest, who would get more ratings Manziel or Teddy? I think the answer is pretty clear.
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

Unless the draft goes a lot differently than most experts assume, a pretty good QB prospect (by no means a sure thing, though) is going to fall into the lower half of the first round/top of the second round. As such, unless you believe the Vikes are just so much better than other teams at evaluating QB's (I think the evidence is decidedly against that, but they seem to be good everywhere else), you have to take any trade, down into the 20-ish slot, pick up one of them there, and then use the extra picks on defense (assuming that you really want a QB in round one, I guess). I think we have to pick one up eventually. Maybe we should wait until the 3rd round. Anecdotally, it seems you get a better selection there than in the second (cough, Tjack, cough).
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

John_Viveiros wrote:Unless the draft goes a lot differently than most experts assume, a pretty good QB prospect (by no means a sure thing, though) is going to fall into the lower half of the first round/top of the second round. As such, unless you believe the Vikes are just so much better than other teams at evaluating QB's (I think the evidence is decidedly against that, but they seem to be good everywhere else), you have to take any trade, down into the 20-ish slot, pick up one of them there, and then use the extra picks on defense (assuming that you really want a QB in round one, I guess). I think we have to pick one up eventually. Maybe we should wait until the 3rd round. Anecdotally, it seems you get a better selection there than in the second (cough, Tjack, cough).
Tjack wasn't even projected anywhere near the 2nd round though. That was just Childress' eyes lighting up when he spotted his Mcnabb "clone" and mega reached on him.