Vikings @ Bengals Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 16

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Vikings @ Bengals Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 16

Post by yezzir »

Skol.

Prediction: Vikings 34, Bengals 29
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Vikings @ Bengals Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 16

Post by Mothman »

Sadly, I think the Bengals will probably win this one. They're undefeated at home, the Vikes are winless on the road and I don't think the Vikes match up well in this game. That said, you never know so I'll be rooting for a Vikings upset win today!
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

If the Vikings go in and beat the Bengals, another team fighting for play-off positioning, then I will be very impressed indeed.
If the Vikes do go in and play them "tough" in a closely fought game and then beat the Lions at home in the last game, I think that will buy Frazier a final year in the organization's THREE YEAR REBUILD PLAN. And I am not sold on the fact that that would be a good thing but I am willing to see how the off season plays out and what potential HC's come available.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Webbfann
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Webbfann »

London, England is not in Minnesota and is therefore "the road".

Vikings win if Musgrave doesn't revert to turtle mode, and if Frazier doesn't drag down the whole team with his play not to lose philosophy.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Webbfann wrote:London, England is not in Minnesota and is therefore "the road".

Vikings win if Musgrave doesn't revert to turtle mode, and if Frazier doesn't drag down the whole team with his play not to lose philosophy.
So you are saying that the Vikings might be a better team than the Bengals and will beat them on their home field, as long as Musgrave does not go into "turtle mode" and Frazier, who lets his OC call the plays, does not play to not lose, then the Vikings will win :? Hmmmm i would have thought that the outcome might be more determined by how the players play :wink:
Well then great, this team is better than most imagine because the Bengals are a very good team and especially when they are playing at home. :thumbsup:

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Mothman wrote:Sadly, I think the Bengals will probably win this one. They're undefeated at home, the Vikes are winless on the road and I don't think the Vikes match up well in this game. That said, you never know so I'll be rooting for a Vikings upset win today!
AH HA! I smell an upset brewing in the Queen City. :smilevike:
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
Webbfann
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Webbfann »

Purple bruise wrote: So you are saying that the Vikings might be a better team than the Bengals and will beat them on their home field, as long as Musgrave does not go into "turtle mode" and Frazier, who lets his OC call the plays, does not play to not lose, then the Vikings will win :? Hmmmm i would have thought that the outcome might be more determined by how the players play :wink:
The players have played well all year but lacked performance in a key position, and under Cassel's leadership I expect they will have the opportunity to win against a supposedly better team.

Well then great, this team is better than most imagine because the Bengals are a very good team and especially when they are playing at home. :thumbsup:
This team-the players, that is-are better than most people think. Poor leadership from the sidelines (and Ponder of course) has been their main problem. Last week was an anomaly, and lets hope this week is too. If we play not to lose, we WILL lose. If we play to win this will be a good game for us no matter what the final score.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Webbfann wrote:London, England is not in Minnesota and is therefore "the road".
I agree but that was a home game on the Vikings schedule so in terms of the schedule, they don't have a road win this year.
:lol: Maybe the players will even have something to do with the outcome of the game! Who knows? It could happen.
Webbfann
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Webbfann »

Mothman wrote: I agree but that was a home game on the Vikings schedule so in terms of the schedule, they don't have a road win this year.
:lol: Maybe the players will even have something to do with the outcome of the game! Who knows? It could happen.
As I said, the players (with exceptions) have done their part all year. The coaches have made it difficult for them to win until the season was essentially over and they could feel the hot breath of unemployment breathing down their necks.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Webbfann wrote: As I said, the players (with exceptions) have done their part all year. The coaches have made it difficult for them to win until the season was essentially over and they could feel the hot breath of unemployment breathing down their necks.
Now that is crazy. They were not trying to win until the "hot breath of unemployment was breathing down their necks" :roll:

Webbfann
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Webbfann »

Facts are tough. :D
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

This would be the win of the season if we could pull it off.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Webbfann wrote:As I said, the players (with exceptions) have done their part all year. The coaches have made it difficult for them to win until the season was essentially over and they could feel the hot breath of unemployment breathing down their necks.
I'd say there have been a LOT of those exceptions. :)
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Orion »

We're going to get blown out 38-14. Unless we somehow manage to win (early Christmas miracle?)
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Still excited this late in a losing season. Excited to see the young players develop, AP to run rampant and hopefully to strike the fear into Cincy actually missing the playoffs.

No Rhodes is a bummer, but hoping for another entertaining and competitive game.