Peterson: MVP?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Peterson: MVP?

Post by Orion »

2,097 yards and Vikings make the playoffs. Chances look good for MVP? I think he gets it, but wouldn't be surprised if it goes to Peyton Maning.
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
Dark
Transition Player

Re: Peterson: MVP?

Post by Dark »

I think he should get it, but based off of the past MVP picks, I would say it goes to manning.
ADMVP & CCHOF
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

If Manning gets the award, they should just stop giving it out.

Peyton Manning had a good year for a playoff team. Adrian Peterson had a super-human year following ACL surgery one year ago today for a 3-13 team and put them on his back to the playoffs.

Deion Sanders said it best ... if they give it to Manning, they might as well rename the award the MVQB.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Xqed
Franchise Player

Post by Xqed »

They might as well rename the stupid thing the MVQ award because it's always a quarterback. Yet you take Peterson off the Vikings and I bet they're a 4-12 team this year, if that. The Broncos made it to the playoffs, and WON a playoff game, with Tim freaking Tebow. Manning is a good QB but MVP? He made a good team better. AP made an average-to-poor team a playoff team.
admvp
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by admvp »

Orion wrote:2,097 yards and Vikings make the playoffs. Chances look good for MVP? I think he gets it, but wouldn't be surprised if it goes to Peyton Maning.
As a lifelong Vol, I wouldn't complain too much if Peyton Manning won it.

But Adrian is the clear cut favorite; he absolutely should win MVP. Period. We're probably 6-7 games better than we would be if we had an average running back. That's what 'valuable' is.

But I don't trust the voters one bit to get this right. YOU BETTER GIVE IT TO ADRIAN YOU STUPID VOTERS.
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

But if you look at Peyton's stats and compare them to Brady, Rodgers, or Brees Manning wasn't even the best QB. Yes he did outstanding coming off of his injury, but I don't see anyway that he is MVP. If anyone besides Peterson gets MVP the award will be a complete joke in my opinion.
visitingbearsfan
Rookie

Post by visitingbearsfan »

It will a travesty if AD does not win the MVP.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Peyton Manning had a good year for a playoff team. Adrian Peterson had a super-human year following ACL surgery one year ago today for a 3-13 team and put them on his back to the playoffs.
Well said. Give Peterson the MVP, Manning gets Comback Player of the Year. That makes the most sense, but I have a bad feeling it will be the other way around.

It would have been awesome to see him get the record, but now he'll just be even more hungry
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

The boner sports media has for Manning may reach just far enough to deny AD the award. But since since most of them consider the player's team making the playoffs crucial in order to win MVP, I feel they shouldn't have any other choice but to vote for AD.
For those who are unsure, ballots are casted BEFORE the playoffs start.
Last edited by yezzir on Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Just in ... AD has at least one vote.
Don Banks of Sports Illustrated wrote:It took until the penultimate game of the NFL's 256-game regular season, and then until the final dramatic seconds of that, but I finally know who gets my vote in the league's ridiculously close MVP race. It may be difficult at times to define or describe what an MVP is or should be, but you know it when you see it. And Sunday afternoon in the Metrodome, the entire football nation saw it -- in spectacular fashion.

Adrian Peterson earned my vote, and punched the Minnesota Vikings' ticket to the playoffs, all in one wildly entertaining and near-historic performance.

When my Associated Press ballot is filled out on Monday, it'll have Peterson's name in the MVP blank, and I imagine I'll be far from alone in making that choice. On the one-year anniversary of his major knee reconstruction, in a game the Vikings had to win to reach the playoffs for the first time in three years, Peterson was his super-human self, rushing a career-high 34 times for 199 yards, with one score on the ground and another through the air in Minnesota's thrilling 37-34 defeat of visiting Green Bay.
Read the entire article.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Just in ... AD has at least one vote.
Read the entire article.
Awesome. Thanks.
mossbutt
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mossbutt »

Regardless who is named MVP, everyone knows who deserves it including Manning.
w_huisman
Transition Player

Post by w_huisman »

I will be so jaded if AD doesn't win the award, I don't think any future MVP, comeback player of the year, rookie of the year, etc... award will ever mean anything.

AD is the man. Plain and simple. How could ANYONE ever argue that?
Soonerfan65
Starter

Post by Soonerfan65 »

If peterson doesn't win it the damn award should just be cancelled; the Vikings may not have won a game this year without Peterson; the Broncos were a pretty solid team before they got Manning.
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

Soonerfan65 wrote:If peterson doesn't win it the damn award should just be cancelled; the Vikings may not have won a game this year without Peterson; the Broncos were a pretty solid team before they got Manning.
Cha-ching. Tebow won them a playoff game last year.