Tight Ends Are The New Wide Receivers

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Tight Ends Are The New Wide Receivers

Post by Hunter Morrow »

I only have 1 wide receiver left, Donnie Avery. He did nothing last week in my PPR league...
Because he was on the bench. I got Dennis Pitta and Martellus Bennett as free agents in exchange for Aaron Hernandez and Eric Deck and got 35 points for my trouble.

My league, myself included, completely underrated tight ends. They are the new wide receivers, especially in this PPR format
that I am new to. QBs love them as safety blankets and they appear to get targeted a lot in the red zone.
PPR somebody going 6 catches for 60 yards and a touchdown is worth the same amount of points as somebody going somebody going 4 catches for 110 yards.

I just dropped Pierre Garcon for Vernon Davis in free agency today. I couldn't believe Davis was a free agent! I feel so stupid that I didn't get him as a draft over Eric freakin' Decker that I took as a Number 4 or picked him up over Pitta last week. Davis is a legit top 5 tight end in the league. 10 team, 2 person-per-team league and 20 people slept on Vernon Davis.

Check to see if there aren't any real gems left in the tight end possession if you are hurting for a number 2 wide receiver. Just my beginner thought here. Don't discount your tight ends, especially in a league where you can start a tight end as a receiver player.
Cliff
Site Admin

Re: Tight Ends Are The New Wide Receivers

Post by Cliff »

It just depends on the WR. I imagine someone like Harvin would tear it up in a PPR league.