2012 Practice Squad

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

losperros
Commissioner

Re: 2012 Practice Squad

Post by losperros »

Thanks for the update.

As I said in another thread, I'm delighted that they signed Jordan Todman. I think he has talent.
Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Juice »

Tori Gurley ‏@TGurley81
Proud to be the newest member of the Minnesota Vikings!!!
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Juice wrote:
:puke:
Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Juice »

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero
Per source, #Vikings have filled another spot on practice squad, signing WR Chris Summers, who worked out for them recently.
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@TomPelissero: Summers was with Bears in camp. He's the guy who broke some of Jerome Simpson's conf. records in college. Height/weight/speed intriguing.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Purple Rage
Franchise Player

Post by Purple Rage »

Seen an read a lot of good things about Gurley, any more info on the kid? Reminds me of Alshon Jeffries but a little bigger! Never know, couldve found a gem. The has all the tools an has learned from GB wr squad which, even though i hate to admit it, is one of or the best in the league. We need as much help as we can get, I think the kid has a chance.
REAL MEN WEAR PURPLE!
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
vikingpitbull
Waterboy

Post by vikingpitbull »

#Vikings have re-signed OL Kevin Murphy and DL Ernest Owusu to fill last two practice squad spots. Confirmed signings of Gurley, Summers.
vikingpitbull
Waterboy

Post by vikingpitbull »

The Cleveland Browns have released LB Solomon Elimimian from their practice squad.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:Interesting they didn't bring back Guyton or DeGeare.

There was no one out there better than Kevin Murphy to sign? :roll:
yeah...that one is a head scratcher. He was totally over matched nearly every snap.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:Vikings signed OL Tony Kropog to the PS and cut Tori Gurley from it.
Good riddance!
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:Vikings signed OL Tony Kropog to the PS and cut Tori Gurley from it.
Is it just me, or would Kropog be an awesome name for a Half-Orc Warrior?

Yeah... I'm a huge geek.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Ugh. So stupid sometimes Minnesota. SMH. :(
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote: I must be missing something, but why don't you like Gurley? Do you hate South Carolina? Is it the fact he played for GB? Are you still upset he chose GB PS over our active roster late last year? Or do you just hate him as a player? Or all of the above?
The third one. Giving up an active roster spot to stay on the PS is ridiculous. Every athlete's dream is to play in the NFL, he had his shot and he turned it down. That's a fairly large slap in the face to the Vikings organization. I for one am rather surprised they even offered him a position after he pulled that stunt.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

They need backup offensive linemen a lot more than they need receivers who aren't even as good as Stephen Burton.

I'm staring to hope that the Vikings just outright cut Charlie Johnson and take their lumps. I always scratch my head a little when I see other teams doing something like that - start a guy on Sunday, and cut him on Monday, but after watching Johnson last season and this one, I wouldn't wonder about it for a second.