Merry Christmas!

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Merry Christmas

Post by jackal »

Happy Holidays to everyone here

I hope everyone has a great holiday and a better new year. The Vikings look solid and might
win the Divison this year :beerchug:
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
vikingman
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by vikingman »

Merry Christmas to all and have a safe and happy holiday.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

GAH! Flight got cancelled and rescheduled for 12 HOURS LATER!
So I've got to sleep on USO cots for 2 times in the last 3 days. Man, airports blow.
But, happy holidays.
DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Post by DeeEss57 »

Happy Holidays to one and all. May 2009 bring you success and happiness, too!

Dawn
http://mn-duluth.myminicity.com/
vikings622
Rookie

Post by vikings622 »

May this Christmas bring you Joy!
and :govikes: -vikings622
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all ...

... And a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2009, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great, (not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country or is the only "AMERICA" in the Western Hemisphere), and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform, or sexual preference of
the wishee.

(Reading this greeting implies acceptance of the following terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.)
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Merry Christmas!

Post by thatguy »

First and foremost, Merry Christmas (or your holiday equivalent)!
Hope you all have a fun and safe holiday!

Get any cool Vikings gear?!
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
TheIrishVikingsFan
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Merry Christmas!

Post by TheIrishVikingsFan »

ya i got a authentic Vikings away cedric griffin jersey and a Vikings hoodie :D
ADnChester
Starter

Post by ADnChester »

Yep i got a new vikes blankie :D warm and comfy!!!! :rock:
thor
Veteran

Post by thor »

Happy holidays to everyone. I got tickets to the Vikings game Sunday.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Merry Christmas! I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful holiday.

Jim
Vikefantam
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Merry Christmas/Reflections

Post by Vikefantam »

Merry Christmas to everyone here. I'm just getting out of bed (7:45).

We had an interesting Christmas Eve at my mom and dad's last night. Right as we started eating, the power went out (there's 1, 2, 3 "rule" - if the power comes back on twice and goes out a third time, there's a 99% chance it's going to be out for awhile - the substation only tries to kick it on twice). We watched it come back on the second time and held our breath. It came back on, then went out the third time. My dad, who worked for the power company, Ohio Edison, for many years, went outside to see what was going on. There was a firetruck 2 houses down the street and a police car about 3 houses down. I went outside just in time to see a fireworks display followed by an explosion, then nothing. My dad told me there was a wire arcing and that either the wire hit the ground or a transformer blew. There was also a third wire on a tree branch and the branch was glowing red. Those people still had power, at least for another 20 minutes or so. Wow, what an awesome sight. The power came back on 10 minutes before I went home. It will be a Christmas Eve to remember.

It was nice to see my nephew again. Still hard to believe he's in college. My niece asked what a Buckeye was and I told her it was a worthless nut. My nephew didn't think it was too funny. :lol: He's a little overwhelmed (not gradewise) because he says there is just so much involved in civil engineering. We were talking about how much fun it would be to design roller coasters. We both love them (he's come a long way from the little boy I took on a wooden coaster, who screamed "hold me, Aunt Tammy"). However, if you ever looked into it, you'd see that most roller coasters are designed in countries like Sweden.

Bumper's hip is healing. The muscles on that side are atrophied from him not putting full pressure on his leg but he's limping less and less. Maybe one of these days, all the fur they shaved will grow back too. :lol:

We're lucky. For now. We both have jobs. We can still pay our mortgage and afford our prescriptions. They are doing layoffs at my husband's company so we don't know what the future holds. Our dogs are happy and healthy.

Our familes are doing well. My parents have their aches and pains but they're alive. My mother-in-law is still alive at 81 years old and doing well for her age.

We finally have a full time reverand for our church (we used to have a different once every Sunday - they rotated). I am partly sad about this and partly happy. I really enjoyed Reverand Parr. He was basically a baptist minister preaching at a Presby church but his sermons had so much passion (enjoy your Steelers, Tiger Woods and your golf game, Rev. Parr). He was my first choice if they chose a full time minister but the one we chose was my second. I felt awful saying goodbye to Rev. Parr. Good luck to him.

We have a Vikings team that I feel is not yet Super Bowl material but is improving each season so watch out for them in the next couple of years.

It's rough all over. Our familes just bought presents for the kids, not the adults. I just shelled out a fortune for a hip operation for my dog. But I'd do it again if I had to. As a result, we've had to cut back, often eating things out of a can for dinner but as I look at that precious little life snoozing in my lap as I type this, I know it was worth every penny. Sacrifices are being made for the greater good. Bumper is worth every penny we spend on him, as are the Maggie and Toby.

Well, I had better get moving. May God bless you all and keep you safe.

Merry Christmas.

Love,
Tammy, Karl, Bumper, Maggie & Toby
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

A blessed Christmas, everyone!

As for getting any new Vikings gear, nope, not this time. But I can buy my own. I mean, what is better to spend my hard earned money on than Vikings gear?

:govikes:
Barry
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Barry »

Got an Away Peterson jersey from the wife.
Fan of:
Hanahan Hawks
South Carolina Gamecocks
Minnesota Vikings
Charleston Battery
FC Bayern München
USMNT & Die Nationalmannschaft
OJVIKE
Career Elite Player

Post by OJVIKE »

got some great viking slippers man they are warm!!