Whats your Favorite Beer ?

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Whats your Favorite Beer ?

Post by jackal »

I would say Sierra Nevada Pale Ale would be mine.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

Excellent. A beer thread. :)

I would have to say mine is Summit Extra Pale Ale. Unless we are in the cold part of the year, then I enjoy Summit Winter Ale.
Mike

vikingman
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by vikingman »

I love a beer thread as you know I would Mike.

I would have to go with Stella. Hasn't been in this part of the country until recently and sales pretty good for people that like to try other beers. However, you have people that get struck on Bud and Coors and not willing to try anything else. One thing I can't stand is all the damn lime flavored beers they are coming out with. Talk about a waste of beer. :wink:
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

vikingman wrote:I love a beer thread as you know I would Mike.

I would have to go with Stella. Hasn't been in this part of the country until recently and sales pretty good for people that like to try other beers.
Sounds interesting. I'll have to stop down and pick some up.
vikingman wrote:However, you have people that get struck on Bud and Coors and not willing to try anything else. One thing I can't stand is all the #### lime flavored beers they are coming out with. Talk about a waste of beer. :wink:
I tried one of those this year. Talk about nasty. Gimmick beers is what I call them. I'll stick with the Ale's thank you.
Mike

glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

vikingman wrote:One thing I can't stand is all the #### lime flavored beers they are coming out with.
The problem I have isn't that it's fruit in beer, as that's even appropriate for certain types of beer (eg lemon or orange in a weiss/wheat beer, lime in the mexican lagers). The problem is that they use fake lime that tastes like absolute crap.

As to my favorite, it's difficult, since there are so many good beers. I guess I'd have to go with Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout.
John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

Becks
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Newcastle in a frozen mug
VikingMachine
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingMachine »

John wrote:Becks
Becks is a dang good beer. This is a tough thread as there are many good beers to choose from.

With regards to the lime in beer, one of my favorite things in life is sitting on the beach in Mexico with an ice cold Corona in my hand...it has a lime in it! :D Tastes really good, but as Geoff stated earlier, its not the lime or lime flavor thats bad because a lime in Corona is good but its that fake lime taste that sucks.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

However, you have people that get struck on Bud and Coors and not willing to try anything else.
Beers made with Rice aren't real beers in my book. I have 4 cans of Bud in my fridge that someone brought over 14 months ago. I'm about to toss it because my wife said she would use it to boil my brats in.

To the question. I have a fridge in the garage half loaded with Corona. Lime is not required, but if I have it ok. Other then that I have a preference for the darker beers. The darker the better. Although not really "beer" I love a cold Guinness.

I do have one question, why is there a Corona Light? Isn't Corona light enough?
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
TrenchGoon
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by TrenchGoon »

IMO, corona is the milwaukees best of mexican beers. Good ad campaign, but subpar beer. Pacifico, Carta Blanca, and Modelo are all better.

Personally I stick primarily to Schlitz because it is cheap and pretty good. I'f I'm in a part of the country where they don't have Schlitz, I'll settle for PBR. Not as good, but still cheap and decent.
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

VikingMachine wrote:

With regards to the lime in beer, one of my favorite things in life is sitting on the beach in Mexico with an ice cold Corona in my hand...it has a lime in it! :D Tastes really good, but as Geoff stated earlier, its not the lime or lime flavor thats bad because a lime in Corona is good but its that fake lime taste that sucks.
I agree. Corona and Lime are great. But Vikingman and I are talking about the current crop of Chelada beer. Fake lime and salt already mixed in a can. Yuck!
Mike

Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

IMO, corona is the milwaukees best of mexican beers. Good ad campaign, but subpar beer. Pacifico, Carta Blanca, and Modelo are all better.
True. But Corona is much more accessible and cheaper then the others. When I go to my favorite Mexican restaurant it's a Modelo for sure. When Modelo starts selling in case's I'll buy it. But $7.99 for a six pack is still a little steep at this point in time for me.

It's also a matter of how heavy of a beer do you want to drink when your sitting outside in 93 degree heat with 90% humidity.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
vikingman
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by vikingman »

glg wrote: The problem I have isn't that it's fruit in beer, as that's even appropriate for certain types of beer (eg lemon or orange in a weiss/wheat beer, lime in the mexican lagers). The problem is that they use fake lime that tastes like absolute crap.

As to my favorite, it's difficult, since there are so many good beers. I guess I'd have to go with Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout.
That is also a good beer. Use to sell it however, it just stopped for some reason.
AllDay28
Starter

Post by AllDay28 »

La fin du Monde...

there's some nice beer from Quebec..
Colinito
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Colinito »

Though this is kind of like Sam Malone working at Cheers, I'll put in my ol' faves:

Dogfishhead 60 minute IPA
Real Ale Rio Blanco Pale Ale (sold in Texas only- check it out if you visit)
Sierra Nevada Pale
Real Ale Full Moon Pale Rye Ale ("")
Summit IPA
Modelo Especial
Pacifico