Movie Quotes

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Movie Quotes

Post by wang_chi7 »

After the Iron Man thread I got an idea. I will post a movie quote. You have to come up with what movie it is from. You then post another quote and another person goes on from there.

Here's my quote (its a very easy one): "Its 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half pack of cigarettes, its dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."

Name that movie
glg
Site Admin

Re: Movie Quotes

Post by glg »

Sounds fun.
wang_chi7 wrote:"Its 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half pack of cigarettes, its dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."
Blues Brothers.

"I had to be up at that there crossroads last midnight, to sell my soul to the devil."
"Well, ain't it a small world, spiritually speaking. Pete and Delmar just been baptized and saved. I guess I'm the only one that remains unaffiliated."
Mr. X
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Movie Quotes

Post by Mr. X »

glg wrote: "I had to be up at that there crossroads last midnight, to sell my soul to the devil." "Well, ain't it a small world, spiritually speaking. Pete and Delmar just been baptized and saved. I guess I'm the only one that remains unaffiliated."
O Brother Where Art Thou

"Now so far, we have what appears to me to be a series of victimless crimes. What about the toe? Forget about the #### toe! Excuse me, sir. Could you please keep your voices down? This is a family restaurant. Oh please, dear? For your information, the Supreme Court has roundly rejected prior restraint."
Colinito
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Colinito »

Big Lebowski

"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition."

or...

"God is in the rain!"
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

V for Vendetta

"Salsa shark. We're gonna need a bigger boat. Man goes into cage, cage goes into salsa, shark's in the salsa."

BGM
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
spdolphs
Transition Player

Post by spdolphs »

"Salsa shark. We're gonna need a bigger boat. Man goes into cage, cage goes into salsa, shark's in the salsa."
Clerks

"Now all you have to do is hold the chicken, bring me the toast, give me a check for the chicken salad sandwich, and you haven't broken any rules."

8)
Colinito
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Colinito »

Good one spdolphs, but I'll let some others play. I've known every one except "Blues Brothers."

This last one reminds me of trying to order a veggie sandwich at a truck stop in Alabama once in college. After sending it back three times telling them to hold the chicken, I heard the cook say, "What do you mean he don't want the chicken?" :lol: It had me and my dad in pieces...
wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by wang_chi7 »

spdolphs wrote: Clerks

"Now all you have to do is hold the chicken, bring me the toast, give me a check for the chicken salad sandwich, and you haven't broken any rules."

8)
Five Easy Pieces

"Are you saying Jesus Christ [its editing the name but his birthday is Dec 25] couldn't hit a curve ball?"
VikingMachine
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingMachine »

wang_chi7 wrote: Five Easy Pieces

"Are you saying #### #### [its editing the name but his birthday is Dec 25] couldn't hit a curve ball?"
Major League!!!

Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn... the clean, cool chill of the holiday air... an #### in his bathrobe, emptying a chemical toilet into my sewer...
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn... the clean, cool chill of the holiday air... an #### in his bathrobe, emptying a chemical toilet into my sewer...
Christmas Vacation
Person 1 wrote:Now, the rule of thumb here is that ...
Person 2 wrote:Wait, wait, wait ... Rule of thumb? In the 1800's it was legal for a man to beat his wife as long as he used a stick no wider than his thumb ...
Person 1 wrote:Oh ... ya don't say? Well, can't really do much damage with that now can ya? Perhaps it shoulda been the rule of wrist!
Krulik
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Krulik »

BOONDOCK SAINTS! SPIRIT OF SANTI!
Cliff, that is perhaps my favorite movie of all time.

"Prepare to meet thy doom" Person 1
"To die would be a great adventure" Person 2
"Death is the only adventure you have left" Person 1
wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by wang_chi7 »

Cliff wrote: Christmas Vacation
Boondock Saints

Person 1: What do you do?
Person 2: I'm into... well murders and executions mostly.
Person 1: Do you like it?
wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by wang_chi7 »

Krulik wrote:BOONDOCK SAINTS! SPIRIT OF SANTI!
Cliff, that is perhaps my favorite movie of all time.

"Prepare to meet thy doom" Person 1
"To die would be a great adventure" Person 2
"Death is the only adventure you have left" Person 1
You beat me, so I will answer yours and leave my quote for someone else to answer.

Hook
spdolphs
Transition Player

Post by spdolphs »

wang_chi7 wrote:
Person 1: What do you do?
Person 2: I'm into... well murders and executions mostly.
Person 1: Do you like it?
American Psycho!!!

"There was one?"

:point:
Krulik
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Krulik »

spdolphs wrote: American Psycho!!!

"There was one?"

:point:
No clue