Twins

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Demi
Commissioner

Re: Twins

Post by Demi »

Twins and White Sox should just tell them to send someone else to the playoffs. This is stupid....
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

Demi wrote:Twins and White Sox should just tell them to send someone else to the playoffs. This is stupid....

Morneau and Mauer choked when the Twins needed clutch hits and I hated the bunt to try advance runners and play for a tie. I think the Sox will win a game or two, as frustrating as it is, it was fun to watch this week, until yesterday. And IMO, they did well considering who we lost after last season, maybe next yr.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

DanAS1 wrote:Two in a row blown to the Royals. Key double plays to Morneau and Mauer down the stretch with runners in scoring position.

Are the Twins trying to maximize torment to their fans? If so, they're succeeding.

Go Tribe!

Last night, Gardenhire leaves Liriano in WAY too long. Today, Perkins gets taken out way too soon. And not one player squared to bunt all game.
They aren't playing their game, hence the pathetic excuse for an offense and the loss.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

I do think we owe the entire Twins organization a huge thank you. No one anywhere (including myself) gave them a chance to do anything this season other than lose 80-90 games. And here they are, barring a collapse this afternoon, one Chicago loss to either Detroit on Monday or us on Tuesday from going to the playoffs, and winning a division that they had no business winning.

Thank you Gardenhire (for the most part, lol), thank you Joe Mauer, Justin Morneau, Joe Nathan, Mike Redmond, Nick Punto, and the other veterans. But a special thanks to Carlos Gomez, Alexi Casilla, Denard Span, Jose Majares, Delmon Young, Brendan Harris, Brian Buscher, and all of the other newcomers for making baseball fun to watch this summer. And when you thought they were done and out, they would find a way to win. Against all odds, they found ways to come back, win, and have fun in the process.

Thank you Twins for your wonderful season, and good luck the rest of the way.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

At some point isn't just making the playoffs not enough? Don't we ask anything more of this team than that ever? They set the bar so pathetically low this offseason by doing *nothing* that we should thank them for winning what ended up being a terrible division? I say no thanks! I'll thank them if they do something more than get rolled by the Rays.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Demi wrote:At some point isn't just making the playoffs not enough? Don't we ask anything more of this team than that ever? They set the bar so pathetically low this offseason by doing *nothing* that we should thank them for winning what ended up being a terrible division? I say no thanks! I'll thank them if they do something more than get rolled by the Rays.

To each his own.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Here is an interesting tidbit: Freddy Garcia will start for DETROIT, against his former team. Hopefully, he will want to hurt his former mates because if I remember correctly, he wasn't too happy about leaving Chicago.
DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Post by DeeEss57 »

I only have one thing to say about it all....

GO TIGERS!!!

Dawn
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Just pisses me off, owner gets a stadium and proceeds to cut payroll 20+ million. And then when your team fights for division until final day, and even then requires help to win it, we're suppose to be happy? And now the Pohlad's feel justified not spending any, because they're getting results. And it's obvious the fans and ownership are perfectly happy with the status quo as it's been for the last handful of years.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Demi wrote:Just pisses me off, owner gets a stadium and proceeds to cut payroll 20+ million. And then when your team fights for division until final day, and even then requires help to win it, we're suppose to be happy? And now the Pohlad's feel justified not spending any, because they're getting results. And it's obvious the fans and ownership are perfectly happy with the status quo as it's been for the last handful of years.

First, we werent' supposed to be this good. Second, no one is asking you to be happy.

Third, I never said you had to be happy.

Now shoo.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

I guess it is the malt liquor addicted malcontent in me but...
Getting killed in the first round of the playoffs every year ain't my idea of a good time.
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

Hunter Morrow wrote:I guess it is the malt liquor addicted malcontent in me but...
Getting killed in the first round of the playoffs every year ain't my idea of a good time.
Yes just ask Kevin Garnett! :lol:
OJVIKE
Career Elite Player

Post by OJVIKE »

go tigers!
OJVIKE
Career Elite Player

Post by OJVIKE »

looks like its gunna be a one game play off.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

0-0, bottom of the 7th...
Wanna give me a !@#$ing heart attack.