Ponder: The Answer?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: QB

Post by The Breeze »

Mothman wrote:

LOL! I'll bet it felt good to write. It was certainly fun to read. :)

I agree (in a big way) with what you're saying about the importance of team culture vs. the cult of ego and I also think it's good for football to see teams like SF and Baltimore winning the way they've won the past two seasons. One of the reasons I've been very supportive of Frazier and Spielman thus far is because I feel they're trying to build the kind of team culture that wins championships. I really believe they have the right idea, although whether they can deliver remains an open question.
Yeah, I think they are on the right track too and the deliverance is going to require some good fortune along the way. It truly is a game of inches in every regard, and the ball has to bounce your way more often than not both literally and in the way of rosters/coaches panning out.

It's bit of a dichotomy to contrast the physical presence of a team to it's oft fragile psyche, but I like the way Fraizer navigates the wave there. I think he's a good egg and they should lock him up for another 3-4 years when they sit down and negotiate.

I've been pleasantly surprised with the job Spielman has done too, and happy to admit that it looks like I was wrong about him knowing what he is doing.

Here's to the draft :beerchug:
headless_norseman
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Ponder: The Answer?

Post by headless_norseman »

Ran across these two articles without looking for them. Interesting.

Former Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson could emerge as NFL draft-day surprise

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--tyler ... 13019.html

A Reputation Rebuilt: Former Prep Star's Uncommon Road To The Cusp Of The NFL

http://www.thepostgame.com/features/201 ... d-cusp-nfl
A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order.

-- Bud Grant
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Yep. Although, I've mentioned to others and on other boards that, in my opinion, Tyler Wilson is the QB to have if you're going to get a QB from this draft.

Really like what I saw from him and I saw it real early when he was filling in for Mallett. Wilson is the goods.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Vikings rumors: Christian Ponder may be on short leash.
And to that I say, "Duh. Thank you Captain Obvious!"

Can the draft get here already? These people are pulling "stories" out of their...butts!

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/4/21/4 ... ngs-rumors
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

PacificNorseWest wrote:Yep. Although, I've mentioned to others and on other boards that, in my opinion, Tyler Wilson is the QB to have if you're going to get a QB from this draft.

Really like what I saw from him and I saw it real early when he was filling in for Mallett. Wilson is the goods.
yup. I like tyler Wilson and ej manuel. both will be steals of the draft imo. :thumbsup: