Report: Jordan Addison arrested for alleged DUI

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Report: Jordan Addison arrested for alleged DUI

Post by CharVike »

cogitator
Veteran

Re: Report: Jordan Addison arrested for alleged DUI

Post by cogitator »

Second time. What a dope.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

All that money and you can't pay for a driver? Idiocy.

P.S. Speeding tickets really need to be a percentage of income. A $700 fine for going 140mph is only a good punishment for poor people.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

I think Addison has a problem that likely goes deeper than any particular incident at this point. Hopefully he can get the help he needs before he kills himself or someone else.
Ohjay
Veteran

Post by Ohjay »

According to Ben Goessling, who cites the arrest report, Jordan was found asleep at the wheel, blocking a freeway.

That does not sound good at all :shock:
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

Wow, so he’s going to miss at least 4 weeks. The fact we are missing Addison and Hockenson to start the year basically cripples this team. So much for Darnold having the supporting cast for once in his career, jj getting tripled.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Cliff wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:53 pm All that money and you can't pay for a driver? Idiocy.

P.S. Speeding tickets really need to be a percentage of income. A $700 fine for going 140mph is only a good punishment for poor people.
Maybe he was trying to stay within his vacation budget. He was driving a Rolls-Royce and that can't be cheap.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

allday1991 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:58 am Wow, so he’s going to miss at least 4 weeks. The fact we are missing Addison and Hockenson to start the year basically cripples this team. So much for Darnold having the supporting cast for once in his career, jj getting tripled.
You'll have to wait until the legal process plays out. I read that CA allows a plea deal for first time offenders. So he'll get some nothing charge and be on his way just like Wes Phillips.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

CharVike wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:31 am
allday1991 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:58 am Wow, so he’s going to miss at least 4 weeks. The fact we are missing Addison and Hockenson to start the year basically cripples this team. So much for Darnold having the supporting cast for once in his career, jj getting tripled.
You'll have to wait until the legal process plays out. I read that CA allows a plea deal for first time offenders. So he'll get some nothing charge and be on his way just like Wes Phillips.
It's also possible (though unlikely) that he was tired and fell asleep at the wheel. That happened to my uncle, no Booze or drugs.
makila
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by makila »

They (chp) haven't released any results from the sobriety test, or whether he blew or it was a field test. At least that I've been able to find.

Hire a damn driver. Makes me wonder if there was additional info in last year's incident, that we didn't know about...
Last edited by makila on Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

Apparently he’s deleted all his Vikings photos from instagram. Here we go :hitfan:
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

allday1991 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:07 pm Apparently he’s deleted all his Vikings photos from instagram. Here we go :hitfan:
He completely deleted his Twitter account. I'm wondering if he just doesn't want people to be talking smack in images with the team involved. He's in enough trouble already.

Then again, the team just lost a young player to a drunk driver. I imagine this isn't going over well with his teammates.
cogitator
Veteran

Post by cogitator »

The NFL can impose their own penalties, and they probably will.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

cogitator wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 2:45 am
The NFL can impose their own penalties, and they probably will.
Of course. I would assume they will base the punishment based on the outcome of the case but maybe they can give it out before it goes to court. Regardless what will the team do? They suspended Phillips 3 weeks without pay. I assume they will do something. Maybe have him issue another public apology. That seemed to handle last years little mistake. They better get the guy some help because something terrible is waiting if they don't.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

This team just keeps on doing the worst they can do, over and over again. This franchise seems cursed. Can they never get their collective #### together?