Live Draft Chat

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Live Draft Chat

Post by CharVike »

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/new ... ashington/
102. Vikings: Mekhi Blackmon, CB, USC
Grade: A-
Chippy, sticky outside CB with a tiny, spindly frame. Always around the football. Was a big-time sleeper. Can play inside or on the perimeter. Great pick.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Like always the reviews are all over the board. I highly doubt he even steps on the field this season. Year 1 red shirted.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Brian Flores' record as a talent evaluator at NE and MIA speaks for itself. I trust him to find the guys he needs to remake what was a horrendous defense last year. In fact, I trust him (and the current coach-GM relationships) more than I did Zimmer, who was hamstrung by his fraught relationship with Rick. So this pick, and whichever picks they make today? I won't criticize. Instead, I will look forward to seeing what BFlo does with them. Glad we got a CB. I hope we get some help for our LBs and DT today. Also, some competition for OG.

I agree with this tweet:
Purple FTW! Podcast
@PurpleForTheWin
·
9h
If BRIAN FLORES thinks Mekhi Blackmon is a better cornerback than: Kelee Ringo, Clark Phillips III, Darius Rush, Cory Trice, Hodges-Tomlinson, Terell Smith, Jaylon Jones, and Blu Kelly...

Imma trust him.
Bunter
Practice Squad

Post by Bunter »

KAM hinted that they might draft another db. Lb and Dl were a priority but very few good ones left. At this point they should look at BPA and maybe shore up the o line. Some good iol left on the board. Wypler or Sow might be a steal at this point.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

I would like Roschon Johnson, RB, Texas.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Texas Vike wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:59 am I would like Roschon Johnson, RB, Texas.
Texas Vike I'm shocked that you want a Texas player. :lol:
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Bunter wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:59 am KAM hinted that they might draft another db. Lb and Dl were a priority but very few good ones left. At this point they should look at BPA and maybe shore up the o line. Some good iol left on the board. Wypler or Sow might be a steal at this point.
Your right. The draft is deep with CBs and interior OL players. Maybe we get a player. Some interesting QBs that they make take a shot at.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:01 am
Texas Vike wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:59 am I would like Roschon Johnson, RB, Texas.
I did my Masters and PhD at UT. 7 years there. I bleed burnt orange (and purple for my Horned Frogs and Vikings). When UT and TCU play each other, I cheer for both :lol:
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Guards and Centers are flying off the board now.
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

Texas Vike wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:18 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:01 am
I did my Masters and PhD at UT. 7 years there. I bleed burnt orange (and purple for my Horned Frogs and Vikings). When UT and TCU play each other, I cheer for both :lol:
As a sooner grad (also one kid already through, another there now) I love the similar interest, and distaste. :tongue: :lol: :tongue: :lol:

You're gonna have split conference affiliations soon. heh. Wife is an OkSt grad, gonna be weird not having our schools in the same conference. New world.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

makila wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:27 am
Texas Vike wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:18 am

As a sooner grad (also one kid already through, another there now) I love the similar interest, and distaste. :tongue: :lol: :tongue: :lol:

You're gonna have split conference affiliations soon. heh. Wife is an OkSt grad, gonna be weird not having our schools in the same conference. New world.
Yeah, it's goofy. I haven't really thought about it yet.

I grew up in MN, so my connection to Big 12 institutions kind of hits different. My only truly rabid fandom is the Vikings, because that one has been with me since birth. I have an irrational dislike for Wisconsin, as a state, for example, simply because of the Vikings' rivalry with the Packers. It's ridiculous, really. I actually have always liked OU and OSU. My Texas friends don't understand that and they hate OU in the same way I hate Green Bay.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Dang, the Bears took him. That stinks.
Pep2Moss
Starter

Post by Pep2Moss »

Vikings bailed.
Bunter
Practice Squad

Post by Bunter »

WTActualF!! KAM is tanking this draft. A fifth from KC is useless!! Get rid of this clown asap
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Will Ragatz
@WillRagatz
·
2m
Vikings pick up a late 2024 fifth to move down 15 spots
Quote Tweet
Field Yates
@FieldYates
·
3m
The Chiefs trade: Pick 134 and a 2024 5th round pick

The Vikings trade: Pick 119
That isn't much compensation. They must not love anyone in particular at this spot.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Judd Zulgad
@jzulgad
·
4m
It must have pained Kwesi not to move back from 23 in the first round. He’s making up for it the past two days.
:lol: