Game day comments: giants/vikings

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Re: Game day comments: giants/vikings

Post by VikingLord »

4th-and-8 and you throw a 4 yard pass to a covered receiver?

Might as well have just kneeled it down and conceded.

After all the hits Cousins took all year and how well he played he undid all of it on that single decision.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

As I feared, 1 and done. I thought our front line quality pretty much doomed our post season. As it turns out, the OL didnt suck today. Our defense was uninspired and looked like a high school coach could have out schemed us. Offensively, way too many passes thrown short of the line of scrimmage. We need a new defensive coordinator, a few replacements in the secondary, and a Bunch of new linemen.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Our luck ran out in Green Bay. We were nothing but a fraud, with no defense whatsoever and maybe the best player in the NFL in JJ. This team, same ole crap every year since I started watching in the 70s. :wallbang:
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

VikingLord wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:54 pm 4th-and-8 and you throw a 4 yard pass to a covered receiver?

Might as well have just kneeled it down and conceded.

After all the hits Cousins took all year and how well he played he undid all of it on that single decision.
To me, that is exactly the kind of QB Cousins is. So much talent and toughness but STUPID with some plays. Im done with him but I bet the NYC owners aernt.
Tark
Starter

Post by Tark »

Is anyone really surprised about this outcome??? At least we got our choking out of the way early. If we had to play San Fran next week we would lose by at least 20 points easy. Defense is an embarrassment.
Poophead
Waterboy

Post by Poophead »

At least they are back to playing viking football!
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

This is why we got disrespected in the media all year, this is why point differential tells a story. Smoke and mirrors lucky team. Every team we beat (greenbay, lions, giants) beat us the second time, didn’t take long for them to figure out the gig.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
MossCarterJefferson
Rookie

Post by MossCarterJefferson »

Donatell has to be fired tomorrow morning period! I do not know what the Vikings were thinking of hiring Donatell in the first place, Vikings have changed from 4-3 defense to 3-4 defense and Vikings have not used the 3-4 defense since 1985 and I thought it is going to be a disaster and I was sadly right, I have been telling my friends earlier that Vikings will lose to the Giants due to their defense and sadly I was right, it was very disappointing but not surprised at the outcome, congratulations to the Giants, the Giants outplayed and outcoached the Vikings today and deserved to win!
Angels Wings
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Angels Wings »

chicagopurple wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:55 pm As I feared, 1 and done. I thought our front line quality pretty much doomed our post season. As it turns out, the OL didnt suck today. Our defense was uninspired and looked like a high school coach could have out schemed us. Offensively, way too many passes thrown short of the line of scrimmage. We need a new defensive coordinator, a few replacements in the secondary, and a Bunch of new linemen.
Yeah, I had no confidence in the defense at all this season. The entire secondary needs to go. Smith and Peterson are both past their primes and the rest of the guys aren't that good. I don't know what can be done with roughly 7 million in cap space either. Secondary needs tone addressed in the draft. No being cute and trading out of the first round either.
For those with wings, fly to your dreams
quiznut1
Practice Squad

Post by quiznut1 »

To pen a famous quote from Dennis Green when he coached the Arizona Cardinals...

"They (this year's Vikings) are who we thought they were!"

Can't say I am surprised at all with this outcome.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Im sure it is a surprise to all those folks who thought we had talent, when a majority of it was luck.
Poophead
Waterboy

Post by Poophead »

BUT, like I said, THIS IS VIKING FOOTBALL!!!
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Tark wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:01 pm Is anyone really surprised about this outcome??? At least we got our choking out of the way early. If we had to play San Fran next week we would lose by at least 20 points easy. Defense is an embarrassment.
We are lucky that we didn't go out there. That 41-0 beat down we took from the Giants would look like a close game compared to what we would have got this year.
ERIK the PURPLE
Franchise Player

Post by ERIK the PURPLE »

MossCarterJefferson wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:17 pm Donatell has to be fired tomorrow morning period! I do not know what the Vikings were thinking of hiring Donatell in the first place, Vikings have changed from 4-3 defense to 3-4 defense and Vikings have not used the 3-4 defense since 1985 and I thought it is going to be a disaster and I was sadly right, I have been telling my friends earlier that Vikings will lose to the Giants due to their defense and sadly I was right, it was very disappointing but not surprised at the outcome, congratulations to the Giants, the Giants outplayed and outcoached the Vikings today and deserved to win!
Totally agree. I think the only reason Donatell wasn’t fired mid season was because we had committed to a 3-4. We’ve had back luck the last few drafts with our DB’s. A nutcase, injuries, etc.
ERIK the PURPLE
Franchise Player

Post by ERIK the PURPLE »

I plan to make my initial visit to the new stadium next year but not if Donatell is still DC.