Jets @ Vikings post game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Jets @ Vikings post game

Post by VikingsFan84 »

Ugh, I can not take anymore of those close games but a win is a win! :thumbsup: :smilevike:
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Jets @ Vikings post game

Post by CharVike »

Good win today. I'll give our OL credit they opened the holes for the TD runs. It always starts at the LOS. Our D did what they had to. Held them to FGs and made the pick at the end. Even Kirk had a first down run and took the shots. Many have said the guy can't move. That Jet team has a solid D. I'm not looking it up but we swept an AFC division and that don't happen very often. Nice catch by Reagor coming back for the ball.
Last edited by CharVike on Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Another close game that didnt have to be. We just cant have that dominate win. Wilson outscored our entire offense. This about that.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Geez, I don’t know how much more of this I can take.

Phenomenal first half. High blood pressure in the second.

I’m getting too old for this sh*t.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

We got out played on both sides of the ball, but still got the win.
Cousins didn’t really have a great game today and
the offense just disappeared in the 3rd quarter.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

In my opinion, that was the most stressful game we've had all season. It felt like a game from last year, when we were up big, played conservatively and let the opponent back into the game. I had little faith that our D would hold up on either of the final two drives, but glad to be wrong.

Kirk was just off for much of the day today. Seemed like he was panicking or not on the same page with his WRs, not sure what the issue was. It felt like Dalvin Tomlinson's return helped our run D early on. I think Akayleb Evans got his bell rung by friendly fire (Smith), and Shelly stepped in pretty admirably. Thank goodness it didn't come down to "G Money" having to hit a FG for the game; my heart couldn't have taken that.

10-2. That's all that matters.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

halfgiz wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:02 pm We got out played on both sides of the ball, but still got the win.
When you can win when your QB is off shows others picked it up. Like Reagor coming back for that ball ect... Usually when your QB is off you don't win.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

I am worried about the Lions game next week, Vikings had to make a come back 2 years in a row to win against the Lions, even though Lions have been bad for a long time, Lions always play the Vikings tough no matter what
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Here’s the one thing good I can say about the defense.

The Jets were 3-for-16 on third down and 1-for-6 in the red zone.

And the Vikings had two picks.

That’s all I can think of. I’ll leave the bad to everybody else. It’s too depressing for me to type.

10-2. Never in a million years would I have thunk.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

CharVike wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:13 pm
halfgiz wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:02 pm We got out played on both sides of the ball, but still got the win.
When you can win when your QB is off shows others picked it up. Like Reagor coming back for that ball ect... Usually when your QB is off you don't win.
We’re playing as a team this year. And that helps win some games.
Don’t feel the last couple years with Zimmer we had team play.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:50 pm Here’s the one thing good I can say about the defense.

The Jets were 3-for-16 on third down and 1-for-6 in the red zone.

And the Vikings had two picks.

That’s all I can think of. I’ll leave the bad to everybody else. It’s too depressing for me to type.

10-2. Never in a million years would I have thunk.
Thanks for pointing out the good thing for the D. 3 for 16 on 3rd downs and 1 for 6 in the red zone are very good numbers. Actually they are excellent numbers. We have to tighten up a little on D to prepare for the playoffs. Cause teams in the playoff will win against bad D and bad tackling. 10 wins is AWESOME. Im a pessimist and I am stoked right now. I figured 9 games won best all season and we have more games to go. If only the Eagles would lose a few more games.
quiznut1
Practice Squad

Post by quiznut1 »

All right guys - happy with the win. A win is still a win.

I don't think anyone thought we'd have a 10-2 team at this point in the season - surely not me. It's been a 3 year drought since this team has been to the playoffs, so trying to make the most of the ride (bumpy as it's felt!).

At the same time, based on the play I have seen on the field thus far, I just don't see this team winning more than 1 playoff game come January yet again. A number of reasons why I feel this way.
  • OL not protecting Cousins consistently well - been taking a lot of hits after throws, and worse - sacks. The run game helped compensate Kirk's lackluster performance today, but I can't believe it will always be that way, and other playoff teams will force Kirk to try to beat them. Is he and the OL truly up to the task?
  • DL not consistently getting pressure on the opposing quarterback, often benefiting from opposition mistakes than making in my mind, good anticipation and defensive plays on the ball.
  • Game management / conservative play. We were up 20-3 at one point today. To me, a championship caliber team can let the opposition back in the game a bit, but then are able to execute when needed to snuff out any oppositional momentum before it gets too close. There were plenty of chances for the offense to fire the kill shot and put the game away today, and they quite frankly should have.
I would love to truly be wrong, and see this team go to a Super Bowl perhaps. I've just seen so much over the years to not set my hopes too high. So we'll say I am cautiously optimistic. But keyword: cautious.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

I think the Jets are a tough team. They beat the Bills too. I'll take a hard fought win. I also think this team can go far in the playoffs if they block and tackle. Too many missed tackles and I'm not sold on the interior offensive line. Jimmy G is out for the season so that's probably one less team to worry about. We need the NFC East to beat up on each other.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:17 pm I think the Jets are a tough team. They beat the Bills too. I'll take a hard fought win. I also think this team can go far in the playoffs if they block and tackle. Too many missed tackles and I'm not sold on the interior offensive line. Jimmy G is out for the season so that's probably one less team to worry about. We need the NFC East to beat up on each other.
We're done with the NFC east and went 2-2. If we get the Iggles or Cowpukes in the playoffs we will beat them the next time around.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:21 pm
Maelstrom88 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:17 pm I think the Jets are a tough team. They beat the Bills too. I'll take a hard fought win. I also think this team can go far in the playoffs if they block and tackle. Too many missed tackles and I'm not sold on the interior offensive line. Jimmy G is out for the season so that's probably one less team to worry about. We need the NFC East to beat up on each other.
We're done with the NFC east and went 2-2. If we get the Iggles or Cowpukes in the playoffs we will beat them the next time around.
You have too much confidence in this team, this team have too many flaws like bad offensive line and bad defense to defeat Eagles or Cowboys in the playoffs so it is not going to happen