Vikings @ Bills post game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Vikings @ Bills post game

Post by Maelstrom88 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:54 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:54 pm Still coming down. I swear, two hours later, my hands are still shaking as I type this.

So many heroes today. Almost impossible to name them all. From Kirk 'O Chains to PP to Dalvin's 81-yard run to the incomparable Justin Jefferson to Danielle Hunter with two more sacks ... even Blake Brandel, who came in for Darrisaw and held his own. Even KJ Osborn, who made some HUGE plays today, even though he didn't make a lot of them.

And Kevin Freaking O'Connell. Wow did we ever strike gold. Here's where I have to eat some serious crow. I actually stumped for Nathaniel Hackett. Yep. Then I got all excited about Jim Harbaugh. When they sent Harbaugh home and the word was they were going to hire KOC, I thought, "What the hell?" This guy ... he just gets the BEST out of every man. Look at what he's done with Kirk. I mean, Cousins threw two BAD picks today, the kinds of picks that would have caused him to fold in the past. Heck, he folded THIS YEAR against Philly, in a game the Eagles tried to give to us. But Cousins today in the 4th quarter and overtime ... I'll take THAT guy over just about anybody, including Josh Allen, who while admittedly is a cheat code for miracle plays, is also a MAJOR choker. For O'Connell to get THAT out of Kirk D. Cousins ... that's the miracle. Coach of the Year, hands down, and you'll never convince me otherwise.

I cannot wait to see the videos of the plane ride home!
I've got bets on KOC for Coach of the Year and Kirk for MVP. KOC is already the favorite unless the Iggles go undefeated. Kirk isn't putting up the big numbers, but if we keep winning and Kirk picks up the numbers a bit it's possible he could win MVP.
Dolphins will give them a run for their money.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

What a game. That was a wild ride. Finally had a Vikings game on in my area, but then sadly they cut away from it once it went to overtime. I'm still not sold on this team, but that game certainly had a 'team of destiny' feel. They overcame some crazy things, and Kirk added a new blonde moment to his resume with that attempt to make the toss to Cook as he was going down. One if the dumbest plays I've ever seen. Fortunately got away with that one. That was a fun game!
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

fiestavike wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:26 am What a game. That was a wild ride. Finally had a Vikings game on in my area, but then sadly they cut away from it once it went to overtime. I'm still not sold on this team, but that game certainly had a 'team of destiny' feel. They overcame some crazy things, and Kirk added a new blonde moment to his resume with that attempt to make the toss to Cook as he was going down. One if the dumbest plays I've ever seen. Fortunately got away with that one. That was a fun game!
That was your Heidi game.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

fiestavike wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:26 am What a game. That was a wild ride. Finally had a Vikings game on in my area, but then sadly they cut away from it once it went to overtime. I'm still not sold on this team, but that game certainly had a 'team of destiny' feel. They overcame some crazy things, and Kirk added a new blonde moment to his resume with that attempt to make the toss to Cook as he was going down. One if the dumbest plays I've ever seen. Fortunately got away with that one. That was a fun game!
Still not sold? What in the world do they need to do at this point to sell you? lol
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:27 am
Still not sold? What in the world do they need to do at this point to sell you? lol
He's a Kirk hater or baiter no more than that.
Another post he was talking about how much KOC would like an athletic QB I thought every guy playing this sport was athletic. He's looking for mountain climbers to join our team. There's thousands out there waiting for a call. We are playing as a complete team and some hate that. They shouldn't watch or pay attention. Find something more enjoyable.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

CharVike wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:54 am

Another post he was talking about how much KOC would like an athletic QB I thought every guy playing this sport was athletic. He's looking for mountain climbers to join our team. There's thousands out there waiting for a call. We are playing as a complete team and some hate that. They shouldn't watch or pay attention. Find something more enjoyable.
Kirk is definitely part of my hesitation to buy in. Also, the seeming inability (in the games I've seen) to consistently move the ball on the ground. In the post season, I trust neither of those things. The Philly game also gives me hesitation with regard to taking on a really physical team at the LOS. The vikings have struggled with that for a long time, and the interior of the offensive line still gives me pause.

It is a peaceful feeling to just not care that much, which is also probably part of the reason I can't get 'all in' on this team. In the past I would have been trying to balance my enthusiasm with tempered expectations as a well worn Vikings fan. This year, I'm a passive observer. I don't have the experience of feeling like I'm living and dying with the wins and losses.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

fiestavike wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:12 am
Kirk is definitely part of my hesitation to buy in. Also, the seeming inability (in the games I've seen) to consistently move the ball on the ground. In the post season, I trust neither of those things. The Philly game also gives me hesitation with regard to taking on a really physical team at the LOS. The vikings have struggled with that for a long time, and the interior of the offensive line still gives me pause.

It is a peaceful feeling to just not care that much, which is also probably part of the reason I can't get 'all in' on this team. In the past I would have been trying to balance my enthusiasm with tempered expectations as a well worn Vikings fan. This year, I'm a passive observer. I don't have the experience of feeling like I'm living and dying with the wins and losses.
There's not a team in the NFC that anyone can say will march right to the SB. The Packers are still alive and can play good ball and bad ball. I thought for sure the Bills would beat us. Like all teams we have weaknesses. Our interior OL sucks. Bradbury was shoved at Kirk's feet twice. He's the biggest whimp in football. I used to live and die with it but that ended a long time ago. This is a quality team who will pick each other up. If a player is having a bad game another guy will step up. If Stafford can win a SB Kirk can also. But the entire team needs to play well including our kicker Peg who sucked again yesterday. Couldn't even kick off. But we won against a very good team in their house. We haven't done that in..,..
StanM
Veteran

Post by StanM »

There is a group of fans who expect perfect rosters from top to bottom and no mistakes or losses all season. They demand decisive lopsided wins on a weekly basis. If a player errors in their eyes that player is a worthless POS who will never amount to anything for the remainder of their life. They constantly present combine measurables and PFF grades to convince us that we’re doomed and should just forfeit the rest of the season.

Everyone wants the best players but no team has a lock on all the statistical best, they all have strengths and weaknesses. Football is more like chess than checkers. If we threw in the towel every time we had a weak link we’d never win.

Mojo, magic, whatever you want to call it we seem to have that intangible going for us. I’ve seen teams ride this kind of magic all the way to championships over the years. Is it a guarantee that the magic will hang with us until the end? No, but I don’t want to be so negative and miserable that I miss out on enjoying it while we have it. I’ve seen every season, every playoff win and loss, every super bowl and every game this team has played since ‘61 except for a few years spend in the military. I don’t have any expectations or feel like I deserve a Super Bowl win because of my longevity. It’s fun to watch but I wish some could lighten up and enjoy the positives about this season.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

StanM wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:49 am
There is a group of fans who expect perfect rosters from top to bottom and no mistakes or losses all season. They demand decisive lopsided wins on a weekly basis. If a player errors in their eyes that player is a worthless POS who will never amount to anything for the remainder of their life. They constantly present combine measurables and PFF grades to convince us that we’re doomed and should just forfeit the rest of the season.

Everyone wants the best players but no team has a lock on all the statistical best, they all have strengths and weaknesses. Football is more like chess than checkers. If we threw in the towel every time we had a weak link we’d never win.

Mojo, magic, whatever you want to call it we seem to have that intangible going for us. I’ve seen teams ride this kind of magic all the way to championships over the years. Is it a guarantee that the magic will hang with us until the end? No, but I don’t want to be so negative and miserable that I miss out on enjoying it while we have it. I’ve seen every season, every playoff win and loss, every super bowl and every game this team has played since ‘61 except for a few years spend in the military. I don’t have any expectations or feel like I deserve a Super Bowl win because of my longevity. It’s fun to watch but I wish some could lighten up and enjoy the positives about this season.
I'm like you, Stan. Haven't been a fan for quite as long, since '69, but I totally understand what you're saying (by the way, I also missed a few years while I was in the military).

Kevin O'Connell has this team playing so well. Even more importantly, he has them so bought-in to what they're doing. They're fighting for each other. And in a strange way, I feel like he has them fighting for guys like us, who have been cheering on this team faithfully for so long, as well as folks who don't have as much time as a fan but are just as faithful.

And for the record, I place absolutely no stock in that Philadelphia game. None. Zero. That was Week 2. This is a different team now, hardened by 7 straight one-score victories since that night. The Eagles that night tried to give the game to us in the second half, but we melted down, especially Kirk. This is a different Kirk Cousins now. That was patently obvious yesterday, when he threw two bad picks but picked himself up and had one of the greatest fourth quarters of any quarterback this season. And that's two games in a row now where he's done that. The Bills are just as physical up front as Philly. The Vikings just beat the consensus favorite to win the Super Bowl on the road. Don't tell me they can't beat Philadelphia.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

40for60 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:30 pm “…arguably wildest final minute in NFL history”

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/viking ... 58337.html

I argue it was more than that. Wild drama from late 3rd quarter on.

Some will say the Vikings still had luck with this win, eg. the fumble for a TD. But they had most of the ref calls against them (eg. that no review and the ticky tack call against Booth among others) and after each gut punch they kept getting off the mat. I love this team! Struck gold with KOC.
The thing that drove me insane was the Buffalo defenders were holding Jefferson's jersey on EVERY route he ran. I don't recall seeing a time they didn't grab a fistful of his jersey. They did it to others also, but not every time. Then at the end of the game the Vikings got away with one occurrence. This has to be stopped.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

What does not sold on this team mean. You think they're not good. If being sold means you think they're the greatest team of all time then I'm not sold either. That's the 85 Bears. I don't need that much to be sold. I am sold on this team.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

CharVike wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:46 am
fiestavike wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:12 am

There's not a team in the NFC that anyone can say will march right to the SB. The Packers are still alive and can play good ball and bad ball. I thought for sure the Bills would beat us. Like all teams we have weaknesses. Our interior OL sucks. Bradbury was shoved at Kirk's feet twice. He's the biggest whimp in football. I used to live and die with it but that ended a long time ago. This is a quality team who will pick each other up. If a player is having a bad game another guy will step up. If Stafford can win a SB Kirk can also. But the entire team needs to play well including our kicker Peg who sucked again yesterday. Couldn't even kick off. But we won against a very good team in their house. We haven't done that in..,..
Peg may have sucked again, but guess what? He kicked the game winner in OT. If he had missed we would have lost. Was it a short one? Yes it was, but he still had to make it.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:02 am
StanM wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:49 am

I'm like you, Stan. Haven't been a fan for quite as long, since '69, but I totally understand what you're saying (by the way, I also missed a few years while I was in the military).

Kevin O'Connell has this team playing so well. Even more importantly, he has them so bought-in to what they're doing. They're fighting for each other. And in a strange way, I feel like he has them fighting for guys like us, who have been cheering on this team faithfully for so long, as well as folks who don't have as much time as a fan but are just as faithful.

And for the record, I place absolutely no stock in that Philadelphia game. None. Zero. That was Week 2. This is a different team now, hardened by 7 straight one-score victories since that night. The Eagles that night tried to give the game to us in the second half, but we melted down, especially Kirk. This is a different Kirk Cousins now. That was patently obvious yesterday, when he threw two bad picks but picked himself up and had one of the greatest fourth quarters of any quarterback this season. And that's two games in a row now where he's done that. The Bills are just as physical up front as Philly. The Vikings just beat the consensus favorite to win the Super Bowl on the road. Don't tell me they can't beat Philadelphia.
I'm a newcomer Johnny come lately compared to you and Stan. I've only been following them since 1970. I missed the NFL championship season. (Yes fans. The Vikings were NFL champs that year.) Philly is good, but nothing special. We shot ourselves in the foot so many times that game.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I can honestly say, if you're "not sold" on this team after that win, spare us and take a break from the board.

The Vikings....
-are 8-1 and have won 7 straight
-have a QB that has been the most clutch 4th quarter QB in the NFL this year
-have an immense amount of talent all over this roster (something I've been saying for quite some time) including the best WR in the NFL, top 5-10 RB in the NFL, top 5 TE, top 3 LT in the NFL, top 5 safety in the NFL and the #1 pass rushing duo in the NFL.
-have a defense that is making big play after big play each week and steadily improving
-have a coach that has completely changed the culture here and has this team playing as one complete unit game in and game out
-have an aggressive GM that is willing to go out and improve this roster by any means necessary
-just knocked off the #1 Super Bowl contender in the NFL ON THE ROAD in one of the most hostile environments in football to get their 7th win in a row

....and so on.

What more does this team need to do to "sell" someone? Like give me a break. A near perfect record, beat arguably the best team in the NFL, have won 7 straight and fans arent "sold"? Like are there weaknesses? Yeah. But the Bills were considered the #1 SB favorite league wide as well as Vegas and do they have weaknesses? Clearly. I get it, the heartbreak the Vikings have given fans is extreme. But there's something different about this team and this culture. That is clear and obvious at this point. Like I said, if you arent sold, spare us because the majority of fans are sold and we are going to continue to praise what's going on.
Last edited by Pondering Her Percy on Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Kirk Cousins on 3rd & 4th down:
12-of-18
220 yards
12.2 YPA
1 TD
0 picks
127.1 passer rating

Josh Allen on 3rd & 4th down:
3-of-10
77 yards
7.7 YPA
0 TDs
1 pick
19.6 passer rating

Remind me again ... who's the MVP candidate?
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.