Vikings @ Bills post game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Vikings @ Bills post game

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

The Vikings showed true grit today. Cousins getting slammed all over the place, but came up clutch.

JJ is an unbelievable talent and he a Viking!!!!!!!!!!!
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

I watched this game at a friend's house. A guy from Buffalo and a huge Bills fan.

This year's Vikings have an IT factor. They simply know how to win. 8-1. Amazing.
JJ was great, but my game ball goes to Patrick Peterson. People had left him for dead and he's coming up HUGE. Kirk missed some receivers earlier in the game, but 4th quarter Kirk made some incredible throws.
Last edited by VikingsVictorious on Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chi-Town Vike
Starter

Post by Chi-Town Vike »

VikingLord wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:21 pm
Bowhunting Viking wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:20 pm I texted my buddy and said I've had 4 more heart attacks, a nervous breakdown, developed a facial tick and S$%T my pants.... TWICE!!!
Team of Destiny!
They need nickname. Something original perhaps. I got nothin at the moment. Hands are still trembling a bit.
Skol
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:27 pm
VikingsFan84 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:24 pm

Not even close, the craziest game you ever saw is the Minneapolis Miracle
True. This is up there though. Ventricular Vikes are one of a kind.
Yup, this game is a close 2nd behind the Minneapolis Miracle and 3rd would be the Kramer hail mary throw to Rashad in the final seconds to win the game and the division against the Browns and 4th would be the Favre hail mary throw to win the game against the 49ers :rock:
Last edited by VikingsFan84 on Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fran the Man
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Fran the Man »

First time I’ve ever watched a Vikings game where they lost, then won, lost, then won. Incredibly, down here in SoCal, they switched to the Rams game when OT started. Thank God for KFAN, I was able to listen to the Game.
Don't pick a fight with an old Viking. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
Chi-Town Vike
Starter

Post by Chi-Town Vike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:35 pm I watched this game a friend's house. A guy from Buffalo and a huge Bills fan.

This year's Vikings have an IT factor. They simply know how to win. 8-1. Amazing.
JJ was great, but my game ball goes to Patrick Peterson. People had left him for dead and he's coming up HUGE. Kirk missed some receivers earlier in the game, but 4th quarter Kirk made some incredible throws.
Yes!!!!! Yes he did make some big throws. Think Kirk is finding a little something in himself maybe. This team as a whole has some kind a voodoo mojo vibe goin on with it. lol
Skol
Chi-Town Vike
Starter

Post by Chi-Town Vike »

I'm gonna quote Jack Buck here!!!!! lol " I can't believe what my eyes just saw" !!!!!!! Ah, the roast Buffalo is gonna taste good tonight!!! Actually, it's beef but close enough.
Skol
JonPurpleHaze
Transition Player

Post by JonPurpleHaze »

What a Win!
:point:
I live in Bills country and haven't missed a Vikings visit in decades including preseason, until today... :wallbang:

My entire family except for my little brother (I properly trained him to be a Vikings fan in the late 70's) are Bills fans, some of them were there, wish I was there!
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

JonPurpleHaze wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:24 pm What a Win!
:point:
I live in Bills country and haven't missed a Vikings visit in decades including preseason, until today... :wallbang:

My entire family except for my little brother (I properly trained him to be a Vikings fan in the late 70's) are Bills fans, some of them were there, wish I was there!
You missed it because?
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Chi-Town Vike wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:44 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:35 pm I watched this game a friend's house. A guy from Buffalo and a huge Bills fan.

Yes!!!!! Yes he did make some big throws. Think Kirk is finding a little something in himself maybe. This team as a whole has some kind a voodoo mojo vibe goin on with it. lol
As the haters always said kirk can't make a good throw when under pressure against a good team and especially when behind. I called BS back then. But this team isn't about one guy. People are stepping up when needed. Ham gave the OL a call out after he scored. They did the dirty work and gave him space.
JonPurpleHaze
Transition Player

Post by JonPurpleHaze »

Feel so sad that I wasn't there, but I currently have mobility problems.
Love how this team fights!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Still coming down. I swear, two hours later, my hands are still shaking as I type this.

So many heroes today. Almost impossible to name them all. From Kirk 'O Chains to PP to Dalvin's 81-yard run to the incomparable Justin Jefferson to Danielle Hunter with two more sacks ... even Blake Brandel, who came in for Darrisaw and held his own. Even KJ Osborn, who made some HUGE plays today, even though he didn't make a lot of them.

And Kevin Freaking O'Connell. Wow did we ever strike gold. Here's where I have to eat some serious crow. I actually stumped for Nathaniel Hackett. Yep. Then I got all excited about Jim Harbaugh. When they sent Harbaugh home and the word was they were going to hire KOC, I thought, "What the hell?" This guy ... he just gets the BEST out of every man. Look at what he's done with Kirk. I mean, Cousins threw two BAD picks today, the kinds of picks that would have caused him to fold in the past. Heck, he folded THIS YEAR against Philly, in a game the Eagles tried to give to us. But Cousins today in the 4th quarter and overtime ... I'll take THAT guy over just about anybody, including Josh Allen, who while admittedly is a cheat code for miracle plays, is also a MAJOR choker. For O'Connell to get THAT out of Kirk D. Cousins ... that's the miracle. Coach of the Year, hands down, and you'll never convince me otherwise.

I cannot wait to see the videos of the plane ride home!
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Chi-Town Vike
Starter

Post by Chi-Town Vike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:54 pm Still coming down. I swear, two hours later, my hands are still shaking as I type this.

So many heroes today. Almost impossible to name them all. From Kirk 'O Chains to PP to Dalvin's 81-yard run to the incomparable Justin Jefferson to Danielle Hunter with two more sacks ... even Blake Brandel, who came in for Darrisaw and held his own. Even KJ Osborn, who made some HUGE plays today, even though he didn't make a lot of them.

And Kevin Freaking O'Connell. Wow did we ever strike gold. Here's where I have to eat some serious crow. I actually stumped for Nathaniel Hackett. Yep. Then I got all excited about Jim Harbaugh. When they sent Harbaugh home and the word was they were going to hire KOC, I thought, "What the hell?" This guy ... he just gets the BEST out of every man. Look at what he's done with Kirk. I mean, Cousins threw two BAD picks today, the kinds of picks that would have caused him to fold in the past. Heck, he folded THIS YEAR against Philly, in a game the Eagles tried to give to us. But Cousins today in the 4th quarter and overtime ... I'll take THAT guy over just about anybody, including Josh Allen, who while admittedly is a cheat code for miracle plays, is also a MAJOR choker. For O'Connell to get THAT out of Kirk D. Cousins ... that's the miracle. Coach of the Year, hands down, and you'll never convince me otherwise.

I cannot wait to see the videos of the plane ride home!
If the Vikings would've lost my observation would of been on Cook. He had what? less than 30 yards rushing before that run? Then boom!!!!! 81 yards and picked it up the rest of the way with some nice chunks on the ground. Seems KOC has em believing in themselves and each other. Picking each other up when things aren't goin well. Kicking, scratching, clawing, thumb to the eye, biting etc.... lol.Even going back to the Eagles game. Down 24-7 right? A blocked punt, then an interception, set the Vikings up in prime real estate. Offense just went flat on that night. My point is that they didn't just roll over and curl up. Strong pattern of resiliency all season long. That's the M.O. of this team.
Skol
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

JonPurpleHaze wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:52 pm Feel so sad that I wasn't there, but I currently have mobility problems.
Love how this team fights!
Sorry to hear it, but TV watching is still pretty cool.
StanM
Veteran

Post by StanM »

I have been watching football since the late 50’s and the Vikings since they started in 1961. I saw famous games, Unitas, the Ice Bowl, Immaculate Reception, all the way to the infamous Heidi game and every great Vikings game. This ranks right up there with all those memories.

I make my opinions known about stats and PFF grades but I’ll say it again, these guys have heart and magic going on that’s hard to measure.

The Vikings, even in a huge win, managed to win in spite of themselves and the zebras. The offense stalled, the defense struggled at times, special teams gave up some yards and the refs missed some calls. Plenty to work on this week but I’ll keep taking these nail biters.