Vikings @ Commanders post game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Vikings @ Commanders post game

Post by VikingsFan84 »

What a comeback win! Vikings needed that win since the next few weeks are going to be rough! 7-1 and the Packers lose! Great day! :rock:
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Vikings @ Redskins post game

Post by VikingsVictorious »

NFC North Standings
Vikings 7-1
Bears 3-6
Puke 3-6
Lions 2-6.

Vikings lead the division by 4.5 games and own all tie breakers.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

VikingsFan84 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:12 pm What a comeback win! Vikings needed that win since the next few weeks are going to be rough! 7-1 and the Packers lose! Great day! :rock:
Don't forget Da Bears lost also. They are just as close to us as the Puke.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Another whole team win. All 3 pieces did enough and that's what it takes. Harrison Smith made the big play to get us on track. The WFT has a very good D front and it showed today. Our ground game wasn't there at all. We got kicked at the point. Getting a win on the road isn't easy. Peg kicked good and we needed that. The cat avoided death again. Off to the Bills.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Hock earned his keep today! Going to be a good pickup.

Another ugly win where the offensive disappears for a quarter.
But a Win is a Win.

Referees :spanking:
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

halfgiz wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:43 pm Hock earned his keep today! Going to be a good pickup.

But a Win is a Win.

Hock was given a game ball for stepping in so quickly and contributing. Most think the WFT is garbage but they play real good D.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Buffalo should be an interesting game. 1 week away...But calling for snow flurries and 30 mph wind gusts.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

CharVike wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:12 pm
halfgiz wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:43 pm Hock earned his keep today! Going to be a good pickup.

But a Win is a Win.

Hock was given a game ball for stepping in so quickly and contributing. Most think the WFT is garbage but they play real good D.
When they play the Vikings, it looks like they have a great D, but thats because our Oline generally sucks donkey. Ingram was horrible (again), but we dont have anyone to take his spot. Ezra looked bad, and Darisaw wont get top ratings. But we won. At least this team knows how to win at the end of games. Boasts confidence. Cousins to TJ will be fun to watch for 10 years I hope. The throw to JJ was spot on, with a nice catch. Also the throw to Cook was perfect, with a wonderful catch. Thanks to Smith for getting another pick. Wish we blew them out, but it is what it is.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Big-time win today. A win that we don't get last year or in 2020. Maybe not in 2019. That was a no-sh!t defensive front that battered the Vikings around all game long. Yet the Vikings still found a way to win.

A few early shout-outs:

Kirk Cousins
That may have been his best game of the season. Yes, I know they offense stalled for the entirety of the third quarter and a lot of the second, and 22-of-40 looks pretty pedestrian. But man, Cousins took a BEATING today, yet hung in there. At one point in the 4th quarter, they showed a graphic where he had taken 13 hits. In previous years, Kirk wouldn't have gotten the team back on track. This time, HE found a way to put the team on his back. That 47-yard strike to JJ was an absolute DIME, and he got knocked out of the game on the play, but came back and got his fourth 4th-quarter comeback of the season. Say what you want about Kirk Cousins — the man is one tough son of a b****.

T.J Hockenson
What in the world? How does a guy come in with only THREE DAYS of practice, and come away with NINE receptions? Only one way ... he's a STUD. Look, I'm an Iowa guy, so I admit that I'm biased. But Hockenson was the guy I hoped would somehow fall to the Vikings when he was drafted in 2019 because I knew how much of a beast he was. This guy is almost a spot-on match for Travis Kelce ... height, weight, 40 time, hands, etc. He can jump, he can run after the catch, and he's smart. In the right offense, which I believe he's in now, he has the ability to become an all-pro. The Lions may well be the dumbest organization in the history of football. They've made some boneheaded moves. This one takes the cake.

Danielle Hunter
Rumors of his demise have been greatly exaggerated. Two sacks today, and plenty of pressure. Way to go, my man.

Akayleb Evans
I've been hoping this kid would get a chance. He brings an energy that frankly Dantzler lacks. Washington tried to pick on the rookie. Didn't work.

Justin Jefferson
Another game where you look up and realize he's gone a sort of quiet 7-for-115. And this was probably his worst game of the season as far as not coming up with catches he normally makes. But he made some big ones. The 47-yarder in the 4th quarter was one of the Vikings' biggest plays of the season.

The Detroit Lions
Not only do they give us Hockenson in a K-Mart blue light special, but they also BEAT THE PACKERS! They're the gift that keeps on giving.

WE ARE 7-1 BOYS, with a 4.5 game lead and all tiebreakers. Huge game next week. I don't know if they can beat Buffalo right now, but if they can keep it close, this team is as resilient as any in the league. You just never know.

SKOL!
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:55 pm Big-time win today. A win that we don't get last year or in 2020. Maybe not in 2019. That was a no-sh!t defensive front that battered the Vikings around all game long. Yet the Vikings still found a way to win.

A few early shout-outs:

Kirk Cousins
That may have been his best game of the season. Yes, I know they offense stalled for the entirety of the third quarter and a lot of the second, and 22-of-40 looks pretty pedestrian. But man, Cousins took a BEATING today, yet hung in there. At one point in the 4th quarter, they showed a graphic where he had taken 13 hits. In previous years, Kirk wouldn't have gotten the team back on track. This time, HE found a way to put the team on his back. That 47-yard strike to JJ was an absolute DIME, and he got knocked out of the game on the play, but came back and got his fourth 4th-quarter comeback of the season. Say what you want about Kirk Cousins — the man is one tough son of a b****.

T.J Hockenson
What in the world? How does a guy come in with only THREE DAYS of practice, and come away with NINE receptions? Only one way ... he's a STUD. Look, I'm an Iowa guy, so I admit that I'm biased. But Hockenson was the guy I hoped would somehow fall to the Vikings when he was drafted in 2019 because I knew how much of a beast he was. This guy is almost a spot-on match for Travis Kelce ... height, weight, 40 time, hands, etc. He can jump, he can run after the catch, and he's smart. In the right offense, which I believe he's in now, he has the ability to become an all-pro. The Lions may well be the dumbest organization in the history of football. They've made some boneheaded moves. This one takes the cake.

Danielle Hunter
Rumors of his demise have been greatly exaggerated. Two sacks today, and plenty of pressure. Way to go, my man.

Akayleb Evans
I've been hoping this kid would get a chance. He brings an energy that frankly Dantzler lacks. Washington tried to pick on the rookie. Didn't work.

Justin Jefferson
Another game where you look up and realize he's gone a sort of quiet 7-for-115. And this was probably his worst game of the season as far as not coming up with catches he normally makes. But he made some big ones. The 47-yarder in the 4th quarter was one of the Vikings' biggest plays of the season.

The Detroit Lions
Not only do they give us Hockenson in a K-Mart blue light special, but they also BEAT THE PACKERS! They're the gift that keeps on giving.

WE ARE 7-1 BOYS, with a 4.5 game lead and all tiebreakers. Huge game next week. I don't know if they can beat Buffalo right now, but if they can keep it close, this team is as resilient as any in the league. You just never know.

SKOL!
Lions traded him because they do not want to pay Hockenson, Lions are cheapskates, Hockenson will be worth the money when the Vikings pay him
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

Just typing out my early thoughts after finally sitting down today since the game.

Hockenson paid early dividends. Yay. Defense got pressure when needed, hunter and smith on the same side can cause offensive line issues. Evans made some good tackles on defense from the cb spot. He should start getting more time imho.

There was a lot of pressure on Kirk and he hung in tough today. Impressive. Middle of the line reissue reared its head.

7-1. No other division team over 3 wins. Wooo
Chi-Town Vike
Starter

Post by Chi-Town Vike »

Hey all, 1st post here. Long time Vikes fan. All the way back to when i was a young boy sitting on granpa's knee watching SB 6 crying.. I was crying because the Steelers were kickin the #### outta the vikings. Didn't help that Dad and uncle were lettin me have it all throughout the game. (Bears Fans) Been threw a lot supporting this team. Lost a pretty penny wagering on this team as well. :D Just some of my credentials for you.

Anyway, short and sweet. Didn't get the game, saw they were loosin 17-7 8) . Had the bears game on watching the score feed. !7-10 skins then, 17-17 :shock: . Checked the score a few min later and 20-17 Vikings win. :shock: :D . Still waitin on that start to finish take control and finish in dominant fashion game from them. Thought it would come after the bye week against the Cards. If not, then this week against the Redskins. Um, still waiting 8)

Clearly the next four weeks is where it's at with this team. I'm gonna go out on the limb here. Vikes come out of Buffalo with the win. Establish some credibility in the league on the "UH OH!!!" Level. The Vikings are 7-1 but, they don't scare anyone in the league yet. But, i am sure teams have taken notice of their resilience thus far.

Yes, they will always be the Redskins to me. After all we have a Highschool here in Illinois that is still allowed to use the so-called "slur" as a mascot name. With no opposition to it. I might add.
Skol
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

Excellent write up joe .
I liked it. Good teams find ways to win

With you chi town. The next four weeks will tell.

Our one loss was to The Eagles. Number 1 power ratings

7 wins is great. But over bad teams as a whole. Miami the highest rated at 11 in power rankings that playing without there starting QBsTua. I believe a rookie QB.

Others wins being 18 Green Bay. To 28 Detroit. Green Bay will drop from the 18 as well as Chicago.

The good is we are beating the teams we should beat. Last year we lost those...

I agree chitown the next four weeks will say a lot.

Hopefully we are the good team that finds away to win

Team. Power ranking
Buffalo. 2
Cowboys. 4
New England 17
Jets 13

All higher than those we beat outside of Miami.

Ratings will change after today. FB will be lower than 18
Buffalo from 2 jets Vikings might move 4 to 3

I am not trying to be negative here. We struggled with every team we won. But we win.

I am not saying we lose the next four games... We go 2-2 we are still 9-3.

But if we were to lose all four can we contend in the playoffs?

:govikes:
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Chi-Town Vike wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:27 pm Hey all, 1st post here. Long time Vikes fan. All the way back to when i was a young boy sitting on granpa's knee watching SB 6 crying.. I was crying because the Steelers were kickin the #### outta the vikings. Didn't help that Dad and uncle were lettin me have it all throughout the game. (Bears Fans) Been threw a lot supporting this team. Lost a pretty penny wagering on this team as well. :D Just some of my credentials for you.

Anyway, short and sweet. Didn't get the game, saw they were loosin 17-7 8) . Had the bears game on watching the score feed. !7-10 skins then, 17-17 :shock: . Checked the score a few min later and 20-17 Vikings win. :shock: :D . Still waitin on that start to finish take control and finish in dominant fashion game from them. Thought it would come after the bye week against the Cards. If not, then this week against the Redskins. Um, still waiting 8)

Clearly the next four weeks is where it's at with this team. I'm gonna go out on the limb here. Vikes come out of Buffalo with the win. Establish some credibility in the league on the "UH OH!!!" Level. The Vikings are 7-1 but, they don't scare anyone in the league yet. But, i am sure teams have taken notice of their resilience thus far.

Yes, they will always be the Redskins to me. After all we have a Highschool here in Illinois that is still allowed to use the so-called "slur" as a mascot name. With no opposition to it. I might add.
Welcome to the board. It's always nice to see new people on here.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Have to remember that this is the NFL. There is so much parity amongst nearly every team.
Have to remember that these teams, regardless of records have strengths and weaknesses. The Washington FT has one of the best DL in the entire NFL. The Miami Dolphins wreak havoc on the interior DL. These are the teams that will give us fits. Philly has a great interior DL.
Our biggest weakness is the interior OL. On defense, it is speed (imo)
Buffalo also wreaks havoc on the interior DL, so it will again be a scary matchup for us. They also have speedy playmakers on offense. Very tough matchup this week for us against Buffalo.

But.... 7-1 !!!! I am definitely excited about the culture change. I cannot wait for every game right now. I especially am super excited to see how they approach the offseason and the draft. That's my favorite time.