Vikings (1-0) at Eagles (1-0) MNF Week 2

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Vikings (1-0) at Eagles (1-0) MNF Week 2

Post by StumpHunter »

VikeFanInEagleLand wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:56 pm
CharVike wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:07 pm
I called him that based on last year when he couldn't beat a playoff team. I want to see what happens when they play a top team first.
You're going to be waiting a while because the Vikings are probably the best team on the Eagles schedule this year.
I am pretty confident either Detroit or the Vikings will make the playoffs.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:01 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:08 am
This team is clearly not on the same level as the great teams in the league,
To be honest, I think that’s a pretty ridiculous argument after 2 games. They literally dominated the packers, not beat, dominated. Are they all of the sudden a bad team? And the eagles are all of the sudden a great team because they are 2-0?

The cardinals started off 5-0 last year and then crapped the bed. The bills lost to the 3-14 jags last year. The bengals lost to the bears and the jets and went to the SB. The rams lost 3 games in a row and won the SB.

To say we aren’t on the same level as the great teams after 2 games is honestly laughable. If we got our as# whooped by GB as well as Philly, then yeah sure but to sit there and practically ignore what took place in that packers game isn’t fair at all.

Sure, we very well may not be on great teams level. But there’s also as equal of a chance for them to be on that level. It’s been two games. Pump the breaks and let’s see how this team responds
How did they dominate the Packers? The Packers shot themselves in the foot. What did the Vikings do in the second half? Not a thing. They took their foot off the gas in the second half, just like Zimmer did when he had a lead. Whats laughable is thinking this is a SB caliber team. Like in the Zimmer days they might make the playoffs, but thats it. And I doubt if Kirk can even preform well enough for that to happen.

The Vikings showed their weaknesses to every team in the NFL on MNF. We aernt even on the level of good teams right now. A lot will have to happen for us to even be a good team, including almost a whole new secondary. Smith, the OLDEST guy in the secondary, was the best player. The LBs were horrible. A safety shouldnt be making all those plays. Its time to put Cine in, and Asamouh. Lets not wait too long to play rookies like Zimmer did. And yes, I know I am negative. I just remember how I felt when Zimmer won a tough game, and hoping we might have a chance, and then seeing it crushed. I am too damn old for these up and downs. :govikes:
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

StumpHunter wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:08 am
This team is clearly not on the same level as the great teams in the league,
To be honest, I think that’s a pretty ridiculous argument after 2 games. They literally dominated the packers, not beat, dominated. Are they all of the sudden a bad team? And the eagles are all of the sudden a great team because they are 2-0?
We literally got dominated by the Eagles, not beat, dominated. That doesn't happen to a contender week 2.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

StumpHunter wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:24 pm
VikeFanInEagleLand wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:56 pm

You're going to be waiting a while because the Vikings are probably the best team on the Eagles schedule this year.
I am pretty confident either Detroit or the Vikings will make the playoffs.
Wow, based on what? Maybe the Lions, but the Lions always kill their own chances given time. And I didnt see anything to think the Vikings have what it takes to even sneak into the playoff in the 6 quarters, so far. I predicted 8 wins, and I bet thats all we get. Even if we can string a long a few wins, which we should, we wont make the playoff with 8 wins. Watching the Bills play this year, we should see what a great team looks like and follow their example. And hopefully KAM got his drafting skills up to par. I would like better drafts than what Rick had.
cmoss84
Veteran

Post by cmoss84 »

StumpHunter wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:37 pm

We literally got dominated by the Eagles, not beat, dominated. That doesn't happen to a contender week 2.
Any team can get dominated any given week. Not likely for some, but there is always a possibility. I am glad we ate humble pie week 2 so we can fix some things and get momentum going.

Rams lost 31-10 to Bills, Cardinals lost 44-21 to Chiefs, and a lot of border line playoff teams have lost/tied to some bad teams. The NFL seems to be a little top heavy at this point, which means anyone can have a decent season, get hot at the right time, and make a playoff run...

The Eagles appear to be for real. Bills and Chiefs probably two best teams before them. But who is 4-10?
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

But the bills can get dominated mid year by a 3-14 jaguars team that was a mess? Super bowl champions lose 3 games in a row during the season like the rams did? I am well aware the Vikings got dominated week 2. But they also dominated a very good team in week 1. Like who are you to say “that doesn’t happen to a contender week 2?” Where is that evidence? Becuase I know I can look up and down the league over the years and find contenders that didn’t play well in week 1/2. Hell the packers got beat 38-3 week 1 last year and they were very much considered a contender. Sorry, but your argument is bogus pal
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

cmoss84 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:45 pm

Any team can get dominated any given week. Not likely for some, but there is always a possibility. I am glad we ate humble pie week 2 so we can fix some things and get momentum going.

Rams lost 31-10 to Bills, Cardinals lost 44-21 to Chiefs, and a lot of border line playoff teams have lost/tied to some bad teams. The NFL seems to be a little top heavy at this point, which means anyone can have a decent season, get hot at the right time, and make a playoff run...

The Eagles appear to be for real. Bills and Chiefs probably two best teams before them. But who is 4-10?
Lol exactly! Like supposedly contenders can’t get dominated in week 2. It’s written in Stumps book of ridiculous takes
Last edited by Pondering Her Percy on Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:29 pm

How did they dominate the Packers?
Sooo you’re going to tell me that the Vikings got dominated by the eagles 24-7 but the Vikings didn’t dominate the packers by beating them 23-7?? :lol:

We also shot ourselves in the foot after a blocked punt and interception. We also had a guy drop a bomb that would’ve been a TD. The eagles also didn’t do much in the 2nd half. The more I think about it, they were near identical games in many facets. We were on the right side of one and the wrong side of another.

But don’t even go there saying we didn’t dominate the packers but say we got dominated by the eagles. That literally makes zero sense.
-Chazz Palminteri
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:07 pm
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:29 pm

How did they dominate the Packers?
Sooo you’re going to tell me that the Vikings got dominated by the eagles 24-7 but the Vikings didn’t dominate the packers by beating them 23-7?? :lol:

We also shot ourselves in the foot after a blocked punt and interception. We also had a guy drop a bomb that would’ve been a TD. The eagles also didn’t do much in the 2nd half. The more I think about it, they were near identical games in many facets. We were on the right side of one and the wrong side of another.

But don’t even go there saying we didn’t dominate the packers but say we got dominated by the eagles. That literally makes zero sense.
I didnt think the second half of the Packers game was anything to brag about. How many points has our fearless leader, Cousins, scored in the last 6 quarters of football he played? Thats my point. With Cousins its .500, and thats it at the end of the day. I cant believe KAM didnt blow the whole thing up when he came in, like some GMs have done, especially with a former QB as a HC . At least we would have had a few more draft picks. Maybe he still will, if the Wilfs let him.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

StumpHunter wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:37 pm We literally got dominated by the Eagles, not beat, dominated. That doesn't happen to a contender week 2.
That doesn't happen to a good team any week.

The Vikings showed amazing rigidity on defense in the first half, which was all it took for the Eagles to build a lead that would prove insurmountable in the 2nd. I'd also argue that the Eagles took their foot off the gas a bit in the 2nd, which most home teams that have built substantial leads do, especially when said home teams have defenses that clearly have their opponent's offense dialed in. There isn't a huge need to stay aggressive and take a lot of chances in those situations when the other team's offense resembles the Keystone Cops.

The Vikings replaced the GM and head coach and left much else the same as last year. It should be no surprise that the team that plays every Sunday continues to closely resemble the same level of consistency as last year. I allowed myself to believe this nonsense that KOC was going to unlock the potential of this offense, and all I see is a team that can't convert on 3rd downs, can't sustain drives, and can't play consistent defense. A team that can take advantage of bad teams (and yes, the Packers were a bad team in that first game), but can't beat good teams or rise to the occasion in pressure situations.

Are we going to see another game where the Vikings convert on ~30% 3rd downs? Another game where the Lions rack up 250-300 yards of offense in a half before the Vikings finally adjust on defense? Another game where Cousins looks at one and only one receiver when throwing, which seems to be the safety valve or short read 90% of the time?

Somewhere, Mike Zimmer and Rick Spielman are laughing right now. The Wilfs looked for scapegoats and found some, but the Vikings failed to address the real issues and are now stuck with the same product on the field.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

VikingLord wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:39 pm

That’s literally false. I proved that to be false above. Anyone that truly believes that is either overreacting or truly doesn’t watch enough nfl football. The packers got beat 38-3 by the saints last year. Bengals lost to the bears and jets and went to the SB. Rams dropped 3 in a row last year and won the SB. Bills put up SIX points against the lifeless jags last year who won 3 games. The chiefs got beat by Tennessee 27-3 last year (dominated). Keep going? Ok. The Bucs got SHUTOUT by the saints last year. The Bucs also got beat by Washington last year.

This actually DOES happen to good/great teams way more often than you think. What matters is how often you let those games happen. So far the Vikings let it happen once. Nobody is denying that. But to say it never happens to good teams any week is, no offense, laughable
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:24 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:07 pm

I didnt think the second half of the Packers game was anything to brag about. How many points has our fearless leader, Cousins, scored in the last 6 quarters of football he played? Thats my point. With Cousins its .500, and thats it at the end of the day. I cant believe KAM didnt blow the whole thing up when he came in, like some GMs have done, especially with a former QB as a HC . At least we would have had a few more draft picks. Maybe he still will, if the Wilfs let him.
GMs that blow teams up are GMs of teams that have next to no talent (Chicago, the jets, Houston, etc). So that doesn’t make any sense.

As for the games, was the 2nd half of the eagles game anything for the eagles to brag about? No. But they still dominated us. They still played good defense. Just like we did against GB. Again, if you see the eagles game as us getting dominated but don’t see us dominating the packers in week 1, then idk what to tell you other than you’re just a negative fan that can’t help yourself from bitc#ing
-Chazz Palminteri
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:19 pm
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:24 pm

GMs that blow teams up are GMs of teams that have next to no talent (Chicago, the jets, Houston, etc). So that doesn’t make any sense.

As for the games, was the 2nd half of the eagles game anything for the eagles to brag about? No. But they still dominated us. They still played good defense. Just like we did against GB. Again, if you see the eagles game as us getting dominated but don’t see us dominating the packers in week 1, then idk what to tell you other than you’re just a negative fan that can’t help yourself from bitc#ing
Maybe. But at least I didnt put my faith in Ricky and Cousins like you. And whats that gotten you? A playoff game or two and a crap roster. Our roster is too d*m old and Ricky boi is to blame for signing our aging players. I didnt want Rick here after the Dolphins fired his bum. He just burned us for many years with no results. But I bet you loved him. Hes like Matt Millen with the Lions. I'd rather be a bitc# than an idiot anyday. Didnt anyone ever teach you how to play well with others? :govikes:
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:14 pm
VikingLord wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:39 pm

That’s literally false. I proved that to be false above. Anyone that truly believes that is either overreacting or truly doesn’t watch enough nfl football. The packers got beat 38-3 by the saints last year. Bengals lost to the bears and jets and went to the SB. Rams dropped 3 in a row last year and won the SB. Bills put up SIX points against the lifeless jags last year who won 3 games. The chiefs got beat by Tennessee 27-3 last year (dominated). Keep going? Ok. The Bucs got SHUTOUT by the saints last year. The Bucs also got beat by Washington last year.

This actually DOES happen to good/great teams way more often than you think. What matters is how often you let those games happen. So far the Vikings let it happen once. Nobody is denying that. But to say it never happens to good teams any week is, no offense, laughable
No offense? But you still said it anyway. Now thats laughable.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:19 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:14 pm

No offense? But you still said it anyway. Now thats laughable.
….good one
-Chazz Palminteri