Vikings vs. Packers Postgame

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Vikings vs. Packers Postgame

Post by VikingsVictorious »

fiestavike wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:58 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:29 am

The Pukers aren't on our level and weren't going to win this game no way no how.
There was definitely a point in the game when AJ Dillon was running very effectively and the vikings offense was playing it a bit closer to vest. That was a dangerous moment, but the packers bailed the vikings out by suddenly going to the passing attack. Time was getting to be a factor and they didn't have all day, but I think that was a mistake for them. Glad they made that decision instead of pounding away with Dillon.
In the course of a football game any team is going to have a good moment or two. It's kind of like a blind squirrel will still find a nut. They're not on our level.
cmoss84
Veteran

Post by cmoss84 »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:02 am Great all around game from just about every player and coach. I don't understand how a team can leave JJ that wide open so much, and it is a bit concerning how little Thielen, Osborne and Smith were able to do when they did manage to take away JJ, but I am not going to complain.
Was wondering the same until Greg Olson mentioned it during the broadcast (he is a really solid analyst). He said JJ kept lining up in different spots, forcing GB to make a choice. If they were to shadow Jaire Alexander on him, the rest of the coverage would have been screwed up, so they rolled the dice and kept to their game plan, in which JJ was often lined up opposite Alexander.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:06 pm

There was definitely a point in the game when AJ Dillon was running very effectively and the vikings offense was playing it a bit closer to vest. That was a dangerous moment, but the packers bailed the vikings out by suddenly going to the passing attack. Time was getting to be a factor and they didn't have all day, but I think that was a mistake for them. Glad they made that decision instead of pounding away with Dillon.
In the course of a football game any team is going to have a good moment or two. It's kind of like a blind squirrel will still find a nut. They're not on our level.
:lol: Nice
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Did you watch the game?
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

cmoss84 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:09 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:02 am Great all around game from just about every player and coach. I don't understand how a team can leave JJ that wide open so much, and it is a bit concerning how little Thielen, Osborne and Smith were able to do when they did manage to take away JJ, but I am not going to complain.
Was wondering the same until Greg Olson mentioned it during the broadcast (he is a really solid analyst). He said JJ kept lining up in different spots, forcing GB to make a choice. If they were to shadow Jaire Alexander on him, the rest of the coverage would have been screwed up, so they rolled the dice and kept to their game plan, in which JJ was often lined up opposite Alexander.
Yeah they showed a stat in the game that had to do with pre snap motions. Last year kupp had 197 pre snap motions which was 1st in the nfl. Jefferson had 94 which was 33rd in the nfl. This just goes to show the difference of a new age offense compared to one looked over by a dinosaur in Mike Zimmer. Many guys wanted to continue to blame cousins the last few years or Spielman the last few years but yesterday, KOC and Cousins shoved one up Mike Zimmers as# and showed what a new culture and new offense brings to this team.

Let’s not forget, a huge portion of this team is Rick Spielmans draft picks and talent finds…..

QB
RB
All 3 WRs
TE
3 of 5 offensive lineman (won’t count Bradbury)
1 of 3 interior DL
1 of 2 OLBs
1 of 2 MLBs
Both starting corners
Both starting safeties.
Kicker
Kick returner

That’s 18/26ish starters. 70% of the starting lineup.

Granted Spielman had to fall due to Zimmer. And I think Kwesi has done an excellent job so far changing this culture and bringing in more talent. But if the season ended today, all fingers point to who I said was the problem all along, Mike Zimmer. Not Rick Spielman, not Cousins. Zimmer. But there’s still a long way to go and we can’t jump the gun too soon, but we all know where the fingers is at least starting to point.

Side note: Alex Boone talked on the purple daily podcast the other day and told some brutal Zimmer stories but actually praised Spielman and really liked Spielman. Something else that speaks volumes on Spielmans part coming from a former player. But looks terrible for zimmer, as he’s been one of many former players to throw Zim under the bus
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
StanM
Veteran

Post by StanM »

fiestavike wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:09 am
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:01 am
Consider this about Cook.

The Vikings passed to set up the run.

Let that sink in for a minute. When was the last time the Minnesota Vikings did that?

As Judd Zulgad put it, Cook, Thielen, Osborn, everybody else, even Cousins — they were the rhythm section yesterday. Necessary to the band, but not the lead. Jefferson was the lead.

And hey, Cook still had 90 yards, 4.5 yards per carry, and 108 total yards. At worst, he got a nice 16-bar bass solo.
The production was fine, he just didn't look like himself to me.

Meanwhile, one other area of concern, the Packers may well have won this game if they hadn't mysteriously abandoned the run.
That is a good thing if the Packers decided the running game wasn’t going to work based on the score. That has always been a Vikings thing so to see other teams doing that in our games feels good.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Somebody mention Romeo Doubs as a preseason superstar and he was the leading WR for the Packer team. Good call picking that one out. I never heard of the guy before reading it on here. Cute name that's for sure.
phantom
Backup

Post by phantom »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:27 pm
cmoss84 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:09 pm

Yeah they showed a stat in the game that had to do with pre snap motions. Last year kupp had 197 pre snap motions which was 1st in the nfl. Jefferson had 94 which was 33rd in the nfl. This just goes to show the difference of a new age offense compared to one looked over by a dinosaur in Mike Zimmer. Many guys wanted to continue to blame cousins the last few years or Spielman the last few years but yesterday, KOC and Cousins shoved one up Mike Zimmers as# and showed what a new culture and new offense brings to this team.

Let’s not forget, a huge portion of this team is Rick Spielmans draft picks and talent finds…..

QB
RB
All 3 WRs
TE
1 of 3 interior DL
1 of 2 OLBs
1 of 2 MLBs
Both starting corners
Both starting safeties.
Kicker
Kick returner

Granted Spielman had to fall due to Zimmer. And I think Kwesi has done an excellent job so far changing this culture and bringing in more talent. But if the season ended today, all fingers point to who I said was the problem all along, Mike Zimmer. Not Rick Spielman, not Cousins. Zimmer. But there’s still a long way to go and we can’t jump the gun too soon, but we all know where the fingers is at least starting to point.

Side note: Alex Boone talked on the purple daily podcast the other day and told some brutal Zimmer stories but actually praised Spielman and really liked Spielman. Something else that speaks volumes on Spielmans part coming from a former player. But looks terrible for zimmer, as he’s been one of many former players to throw Zim under the bus
Disagree, You brought in Cousins, and they proved to win without him. 10th ranked offense with good timing. Not flashy, Not the best but good. The mistake was bringing in Cousins. Top Free agent QB my donkey. If Cousins is the Top QB his contract says he are. You go 14-2, Top seed, and win a Super Bowl, Regardless of system or Coach. Cousins will always be a flop to me because of this. You come here after a year like that you better bring it. NO EXCUSES after you fail.
The Northern Goshawk "phantom of the forest"
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

fiestavike wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:18 pm
Did you watch the game?
Yes. I watched it and thoroughly enjoyed doing so.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

phantom wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:51 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:27 pm

QB
RB
All 3 WRs
TE
1 of 3 interior DL
1 of 2 OLBs
1 of 2 MLBs
Both starting corners
Both starting safeties.
Kicker
Kick returner

Disagree, You brought in Cousins, and they proved to win without him. 10th ranked offense with good timing. Not flashy, Not the best but good. The mistake was bringing in Cousins. Top Free agent QB my donkey. If Cousins is the Top QB his contract says he are. You go 14-2, Top seed, and win a Super Bowl, Regardless of system or Coach. Cousins will always be a flop to me because of this. You come here after a year like that you better bring it. NO EXCUSES after you fail.
I'm honestly not even sure what you just said. Some of your logic here is just baffling. So just because he got paid a lot, he's suppose to go 14-2, get a top seed and win a SB? I will say you're so out of touch with the reality of the NFL it's not even funny. Look at QBs across the league that have DESTROYED Cousins contract over the years that have NOT gone 14-2 and won a SB. Are you really so unaware of that, that you make that ridiculous statement?

It's honestly funny to me when people have their minds SO made up on Cousins and think that HE was the problem that they cant even see in front of themselves. Over the last however many months, look at what has came out regarding Mike Zimmer.

Why is it that all these talking heads (and no not just analysts) think the Vikings are going to be good this year? Analysts, former players, former coaches, etc. I can sure as shi# tell you it wasnt because they changed QBs like you had hoped. It's because Mike Zimmer is gone. If their QB was SUCH a HUGE problem or "flop" would anyone really be paying attention to the Vikings right now? Wouldnt their new regime just cut Kirk loose? Wouldnt you see teammates start to criticize Kirk? Wouldnt he have been left off the team captain voting? Weird this isnt happening.

However I can tell you what is happening....

Former players are voicing their opinions about Zim. Zim's OWN BOY Terrance Newman even! There was a former coach (rumored to be DeFilippo) that said "The vikings will be great now that Satan is gone". Weird right? Because that same old "failure" of a QB is there right? Why would anyone possibly think the Vikings will be good with Cousins.

Because everyone in this damn league was well aware of the Vikings stone age offense. They are well aware of how players were treated. They are well aware players didnt like Zim. They are well aware he didnt like Cousins. They were all aware it was toxic in that building. They are well aware of the amount of talent on this team.

KOC, Cousins and this team just put the league on notice on Sunday. Everyone saw that. Everyone is recognizing that. Hell Vegas is recognizing that. This team (more so the offense) has had so much untapped potential over the years under Zimmer. SO much. I've been saying it for quite a while now. If you dont see that, I dont know what to tell you
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

fiestavike wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:18 pm
Did you watch the game?
Question is, did you? The Vikings havent dominated a Rodgers led Packer team like that...ever.
-Chazz Palminteri
phantom
Backup

Post by phantom »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:52 pm
phantom wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:51 am

I'm honestly not even sure what you just said. Some of your logic here is just baffling. So just because he got paid a lot, he's suppose to go 14-2, get a top seed and win a SB? I will say you're so out of touch with the reality of the NFL it's not even funny. Look at QBs across the league that have DESTROYED Cousins contract over the years that have NOT gone 14-2 and won a SB. Are you really so unaware of that, that you make that ridiculous statement?

It's honestly funny to me when people have their minds SO made up on Cousins and think that HE was the problem that they cant even see in front of themselves. Over the last however many months, look at what has came out regarding Mike Zimmer.

Why is it that all these talking heads (and no not just analysts) think the Vikings are going to be good this year? Analysts, former players, former coaches, etc. I can sure as shi# tell you it wasnt because they changed QBs like you had hoped. It's because Mike Zimmer is gone. If their QB was SUCH a HUGE problem or "flop" would anyone really be paying attention to the Vikings right now? Wouldnt their new regime just cut Kirk loose? Wouldnt you see teammates start to criticize Kirk? Wouldnt he have been left off the team captain voting? Weird this isnt happening.

Former players are voicing their opinions about Zim. Zim's OWN BOY Terrance Newman even! There was a former coach (rumored to be DeFilippo) that said "The vikings will be great now that Satan is gone". Weird right? Because that same old "failure" of a QB is there right? Why would anyone possibly think the Vikings will be good with Cousins.

Because everyone in this damn league was well aware of the Vikings stone age offense. They are well aware of how players were treated. They are well aware players didnt like Zim. They are well aware he didnt like Cousins. They were all aware it was toxic in that building. They are well aware of the amount of talent on this team.

KOC, Cousins and this team just put the league on notice on Sunday. Everyone saw that. Everyone is recognizing that. Hell Vegas is recognizing that. This team (more so the offense) has had so much untapped potential over the years under Zimmer. SO much. I've been saying it for quite a while now. If you dont see that, I dont know what to tell you
I Thought Zimmer was OK, but Satan, come on, he didn't actually nail anyone to a cross. I don't dilute it with water. If Cousins comes here and 2018 you better bring your A game and win. National media at the time was calling it maybe the worst Free Agent pickup in NFL history, and the Jets dodge a bullet. Try reading more than Kirks highlight film and playing card stats. Don't write a book dude I work for a living
phantom
Backup

Post by phantom »

phantom wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:25 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:52 pm

I Thought Zimmer was OK, but Satan, come on, he didn't actually nail anyone to a cross. I don't dilute it with water. If Cousins comes here and 2018 you better bring your A game and win. National media at the time was calling it maybe the worst Free Agent pickup in NFL history, and the Jets dodge a bullet. Try reading more than Kirks highlight film and playing card stats. Don't write a book dude I work for a living
This sounds more like typical Offense vs. Defense in football. They always point the finger at each other when they are not getting it done.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

I Thought Zimmer was OK
Then clearly you're missing a lot of key information.
National media at the time was calling it maybe the worst Free Agent pickup in NFL history, and the Jets dodge a bullet.
Lol pretty sure that is made up but ok.
Try reading more than Kirks highlight film and playing card stats.
Try understanding some facts of what really went on behind the scenes with the coach of this team instead of having blind hate for Cousins.
Don't write a book dude I work for a living
As do I, yet nobody forced you to read it
-Chazz Palminteri
phantom
Backup

Post by phantom »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:45 pm

I Thought Zimmer was OK
Then clearly you're missing a lot of key information.
National media at the time was calling it maybe the worst Free Agent pickup in NFL history, and the Jets dodge a bullet.
Lol pretty sure that is made up but ok.
Try reading more than Kirks highlight film and playing card stats.
Try understanding some facts of what really went on behind the scenes with the coach of this team instead of having blind hate for Cousins.
Don't write a book dude I work for a living
As do I, yet nobody forced you to read it
I never claimed to be a Zimmer fan. I sure 2017 saved his job. He may have been an A hole, but Kirk can take part of the blame as well usually both sides are A holes. Your one sided and bias because Kirk can do no wrong in your eyes. He's now has 2 divorces from in his Career. I don't believe the Owner in WA really liked him either. Apparently Mike Zimmer. Maybe It really is Kirk.

Matt. 7 (15) Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

But that probably sums up all of them. When did sports become Day's of out Lives