Vikings vs. Packers Postgame

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Vikings vs. Packers Postgame

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Thoughts:

What a difference an offensive coach makes. Zimmer taught the offense to play scared. Kirk is going to prove a lot of people wrong.

JJ was made for this offense. He could push for 2,000 this year.

Run game got going which was nice.

Would like to see Raegor and Thielen more involved.

Packers were missing a lot of starters but still a nice showing for our defense. The linebackers look much better without Barr. Hitman made impact plays today.

Joseph with a monster kick.

Couldn't have asked for much more today. Would like to see Cine get some snaps next week.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Re: Vikings vs. Packers Postgame

Post by VikingsFan84 »

I said Vikings would lose but I am glad to be wrong, I will gladly eat crow if anyone would serve me and the best part of this win is Jefferson and harrassing Rodgers today!
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

So refreshing to not have a head coach who's stuck in the 1980s.

Team looked different today. Played free. Played to strengths. Didn't play to lose at the end.

Really surprised how good the D looked. And to think we had a "defensive" head coach last year lol.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:27 pm Thoughts:

What a difference an offensive coach makes. Zimmer taught the offense to play scared. Kirk is going to prove a lot of people wrong.

JJ was made for this offense. He could push for 2,000 this year.

Run game got going which was nice.

Would like to see Raegor and Thielen more involved.

Packers were missing a lot of starters but still a nice showing for our defense. The linebackers look much better without Barr. Hitman made impact plays today.

Joseph with a monster kick.

Couldn't have asked for much more today. Would like to see Cine get some snaps next week.
This game came down to playing good across the board. All 3 units played good ball and that's what it takes. Kirk has nothing to prove. He will throw 30 some TDs and not turn the ball over much. He will have a few clunker games just like Rodgers had today. The haters have already jumped off the bandwagon. Can't get back on now.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Rogers does not like to be hit. Its one of the few ways to beat him.

The Cousins to JJ express is going to be so big with this new play calling. :govikes:
Fran the Man
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Fran the Man »

Great win today but what in the world was Cook in there for the last series?
Don't pick a fight with an old Viking. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

Initial observation.....team played loose. I liked it.

Joseph was money today, hope it becomes consistent. JJ is going to have a monster season. I hope Kirk proves people like myself very wrong. Liked that Aaron was frustrated a lot of the day as well. I was watching in a group setting with multiple games, was hard to focus on details. Need to rewatch it.
StanM
Veteran

Post by StanM »

I had the unique perspective of eating dinner in a rural Rhinelander bar full of Packers fans. We were a bit concerned about having the only MN plates in the dirt parking lot but no damage to the car. I felt like a spy, even had a free green shot of something courtesy of the green shirts at the bar. I recommend it, one of the best game days I’ve had in years.
ERIK the PURPLE
Franchise Player

Post by ERIK the PURPLE »

I agree about Cook being in there at the end. I just kept thinking “Don’t let this be a Booby Miles thing.”
StpViking
Starter

Post by StpViking »

I just wanted to log in and let you guys know. I know nothing about football.

Peace out!
White 8DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee! Waz Up!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Just got done watching the game on delay (was playing golf).

All I can say is, "THAT WAS AWESOME!"

My wife put it really well. "It's so fun to watch Aaron Rodgers so frustrated." You got that right, baby!

The offense in the first half ... just about unstoppable. In the second half, the run game took over. Guys, the O-line did a very underrated job. Kirk only sacked once, and we ended up with 126 yards on the ground.

Of course, Justin Jefferson ... there are no words. The PI call on him was bullsh!t, and he barely missed making an incredible TD grab. Other than that, the guy caught every other target. He was otherworldly. And I have a feeling we ain't seen nothin' yet.

Kirk was very solid. Good command of the new offense, good decisions, good accuracy. A couple of times he avoided sacks with little moves in the pocket and made completions downfield. Michael Irvin and Kyle Brandt have predicted him as MVP. Don't know about that (JJ may have something to say) but he was really good today.

Greg Joseph. I'm believing the hype. Great job. Seriously great job ... field goals, extra points and kickoffs. Hit the bomb from 56.

And the defense. WHAT? Guys, three teams in the NFL thus far have scored fewer than 10 points. The Jets (no surprise), the Patriots (not a surprise to me with Matt Patricia calling plays) and THE PUKERS with back-to-back MVP Erin Rodgers. And here's the best part ... with 195 yards, Rodgers piled up garbage numbers in the way people say Kirk Cousins does.

Rodgers out-Cousinsed Kirk Cousins!

The pass rush was bad a$$. DBs did their jobs. Linebackers ... Jordan Hicks quietly had FOURTEEN TACKLES. Kendricks had an amazing pass breakup. Harry with a pick. Two turnovers by Rodgers. Hats off to Ed Donatell.

Sorry guys. I'm just a giddy 62-year-old. Best I've seen the Vikings play in years. First place in the division. I know it's only one week, but it feels GOOD!
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
40for60
Starter

Post by 40for60 »

Another thing I was impressed with was the lack of penalties, especially against the offense. I don’t think there was an illegal procedure/false start or holding? If there was maybe one of each. Not like last year where there was a slew of false starts in the beginning of the first game.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Per Kevin Siefert:
WR Adam Thielen in the locker room: "I've never been part of an offense that was just attacking, and attacking, and attacking. It didn't matter the score. It didn't matter the situation. We were attacking. It felt good.
Speaking on behalf of thousands of Vikings fans: Hell yes it did!
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

:wink: Z Smith is my new favorite Viking! I remember when he had what felt like six sacks of Cousins… I couldn’t believe we got him this off-season.

KOC has a fun scheme (both offense and defense) and great presence presence on the sideline. I am so glad we have him instead of an old fat guy chewing tobacco.

Lastly, I believe Kirk, the executioner, Cousins is going to change a few narratives this season. Every head he rolls is a spiral :wink:
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

KOC / KAM era starts with the complete domination of our division rival! How sweet was that?

I was pleased to see our defense play solid, disciplined ball. We were stout against the run. That was reassuring to see. Our Dbacks covered well. Several times when Rodgers bought time with a scramble he STILL couldn't find anyone open, letting our persistent D linemen get home (4 sacks).

I liked what I saw on O as well. More movement, more variety, less predictability. JJ was featured, as he clearly should be. Kirk was smart and accurate. If they had to, they could have scored more.

ST played well too. Complimentary football through and through. So satisfying to watch that. Even as I was getting nervous in the 3rd, something new seemed to emerge. I could tell they weren't going to choke after getting a lead. They were disciplined and knew what to do. Better coaching was evident.