Vikings vs Pukers 9/11/22

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Vikings vs Pukers 9/11/22

Post by VikingsVictorious »

For those of us who like to place bets the Vikings are 1.5 point underdogs vs the Pukers for the home opener.

The Vikings over/under number for wins is 9.5
The Puke are 11.5.

Looks like 3 bets I'm going to get placed.
Foreman44
Transition Player

Re: Vikings vs Pukers 9/11/22

Post by Foreman44 »

It’s a battle in our house my wife being a puker diehard. We have an agreement no puker Viking stuff in house, two exceptions.

A Viking puker reversible towel. When ever wins 100; games at cards. There side faces out. It’s been purple last three months.

The other. Wife had cancer. Pastor gave her a pink autographed helmet sighed by Brett Favre.

I am going to try and change that, if that helmet stays I should be able to display my autographed helmet N.Y. pastor gave me,

Eller
Page
Marshall,
Winston.

Do not know where he gets them....
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

I do not expect to win but it would be nice if Vikings do
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

VikingsFan84 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:25 pm I do not expect to win but it would be nice if Vikings do
Why not expect us to win? Our place and we have got better the Puke have gotten worse.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Foreman44 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:22 pm It’s a battle in our house my wife being a puker diehard. We have an agreement no puker Viking stuff in house, two exceptions.

A Viking puker reversible towel. When ever wins 100; games at cards. There side faces out. It’s been purple last three months.

The other. Wife had cancer. Pastor gave her a pink autographed helmet sighed by Brett Favre.

I am going to try and change that, if that helmet stays I should be able to display my autographed helmet N.Y. pastor gave me,

Eller
Page
Marshall,
Winston.

Do not know where he gets them....
Has your wife already recovered from the cancer? If not I'll be praying for her and you. If she's recovered then you get equal rights for your helmet IMO. Are these legit NFL helmets or just cheap replicas? I too would like to know how your pastor is coming up with them.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to watch live in Missouri which is a rare thing so I'm pretty excited. I think the Vikings have a better roster on paper. The Packers are more experienced in their scheme though. It will be very interesting to see this new look offense.

Vikings- 27
Packers- 24
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:28 pm
VikingsFan84 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:25 pm I do not expect to win but it would be nice if Vikings do
Why not expect us to win? Our place and we have got better the Puke have gotten worse.
New head coach, new scheme, and #31 ranked defense that needs to be fixed
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

VikingsFan84 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:50 pm
Crazy how the Vikings won half their games last year (game without Cousins doesn't count) with the 31st ranked D.
Hunter plays and the defense is already fixed. Z plays also that 31st ranked D is top 10. Most people think new HC and scheme is a good thing.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

I like our chances, honestly.

I'm most worried about Bradbury taking on Kenny Clark. I would be nervous about our secondary taking on Rodgers, but GB's WRs are not likely up to snuff with him yet. It wouldn't totally shock me to see Lazard and Cobb step up, but I have relative confidence in our edge rush getting pressure on Rodgers. I'm a bit worried about our run D too. GB has two solid RBs.

On offense, I can't wait to see what KOC brings. The pack has a strong D, so this isn't an easy assignment first week. But I have a good feeling.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Texas Vike wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:17 pm I like our chances, honestly.

I'm most worried about Bradbury taking on Kenny Clark. I would be nervous about our secondary taking on Rodgers, but GB's WRs are not likely up to snuff with him yet. It wouldn't totally shock me to see Lazard and Cobb step up, but I have relative confidence in our edge rush getting pressure on Rodgers. I'm a bit worried about our run D too. GB has two solid RBs.

On offense, I can't wait to see what KOC brings. The pack has a strong D, so this isn't an easy assignment first week. But I have a good feeling.
Oh, but aren't you worried about Romeo Doubs? He's been the sensation of preseason. The Kyle Sloter of wide receivers. :roll:

I stay out of the prediction business, at least as far as score is concerned. But I like the Vikings' chances. First game of the season, at home, and Green Bay has no tape on us ... either our offense OR our defense. Meanwhile, the Vikings have three years of tape on what the Packers do, along with ZaDarius Smith and Chandon Sullivan, who played for that defense. I also have a feeling that Z. Smith and Hunter are going to have a say in the outcome of this game.

The two offenses and defenses will slug it out, but there's another factor here ... special teams. That's where I think we have a big advantage. Greg Joseph is on an absolute heater this year, while the Pukers have Mason Crosby, who is now 38 and hit only 73.5% of his field goals in 2021 and only 45% touchbacks. The lack of touchbacks is important, of course, because we have Kene Nwangwu returning kickoffs. Ryan Wright is pretty much untested for the Vikings, but he had a great game in Denver and looks to have a huge leg. On turf, indoors, at home ... we have a big edge in this phase.

Always the optimist ... I believe Cousins and the offense score some points, and the defense and special teams do enough to win this game.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

I think the Vikings offense will have the best year yet with Cousins. I do wish we had better pass protection (Bradbury really scares me...and we should have had a replacement for him) but Kirk has still hit on a lot of good passes. Kirk gets hot, then that opens the door for Cook. So I think we have the slight advantage on O, especially it being a home game (I wish I had tickets to this one, my brother and his wife and son are going). Us Bank should be so loud.

The defense scares me. Rogers could be throwing to high school players and still connect...given he isnt harnessed by Hunter and Z.
Z should be really keyed up for this game. I think the Vikes D is still in the bottom half of the NFL, but that might be good enough if they done screw up in the end of the quarters/halfs. Should be a fun game, maybe the best of the entire year.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:22 pm

Crazy how the Vikings won half their games last year (game without Cousins doesn't count) with the 31st ranked D.
Hunter plays and the defense is already fixed. Z plays also that 31st ranked D is top 10. Most people think new HC and scheme is a good thing.
I doubt it is top 10, more like top 15 to 20 but I will believe it when I see it
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

27-10 Vikings.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

VikingsFan84 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:44 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:22 pm
I doubt it is top 10, more like top 15 to 20 but I will believe it when I see it
I think you will see it so you can believe it. A fully healthy Hunter and Z would make our Defense scary good.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

The Viking's D last year was way better than their total yardage given up indicated. As good or better than the Packer's D in many metrics including points given up per drive and DVOA which are both significantly better at predicting success than total yards.

The D will be much better(and if it isn't we need to start looking for a new D coordinator immediately with the talent on it), it is the offense that may take a step back early as they get used to the new system. I also believe there will be an increase in turnovers on offense especially early until the complexity is dialed back later in the season. Fortunately GB defensive backs don't appear to be able to catch Vikings' QBs passes and dropped 6 balls that hit them in the hands in the two games last season.